Mosley vs. Ebron at 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mosley vs. Ebron at 19

PittPhinFan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I think its pretty obvious that one of the two will be there at 19. I think if we dont grab a TE or LB in free agency this is where we will go in round 1. The question is who do you think would make a bigger impact right away? Another question is Who do you trust more on our team to make the improvement Jelani Jenkins or Sims/Egnew? Personally I think it's more likely Jelani Jenkins is going to overtake Wheelers spot at Will or at least split plays with him. We all know how bad Wheeler is! For me the pick is Eric Ebron. He would instantly give Tannehill that tall mid-field seam buster/red zone threat and better yet Ebron has the ability to burn LB's and take it the distance. I just dont see Sims/Egnew taking over that #1 TE role. Clay is also a nice asset but we all know he's a GOOD #2. We need to get another YAC threat because we currently have maybe 1 guy in Rishard Matthews. Mike Wallace has shown me nothing as far as YAC ability. Ideally we can pick up someone to plug-n play at RT like a Eric Winston or resign McKinnie who has recently stated he would be willing to make the switch to the right side to stay with Miami.

With that being said I also wouldn't mind a Owen Daniels/Jermichael Finley signing on a 1 yr deal. Dont think there are very many capable LB's available except maybe the old head Daryl Smith.

If we sign another linemen it gives us flexibility to go playmaker in round 1. I'd rather trade down and take Xavier Su-a Filo than Taking Zach Martin at 19 who at best is a productive guard. IMO Su-a Filo has a better upside anyway in our scheme.

Here are some of the the best scouting evaluations you can find on the web of ebron and mosley

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/eric-ebron?id=2543466

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/c.j.-mosley?id=2543464

Who would you guys rather have slide to 19?

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony Pauline had some unflattering things to say about Ebron in recent days, apparently not popular with his teammates and a me-first player - when things went wrong he would always point fingers elsewhere - basically a prima donna. Having said that he is a fantastic talent and he also thinks he'll be long gone by the time the Fins have their pick, likely going to the TE- needy Giants (despite the fact Coughlin wouldn't like his personality) - but if he gets pass them he won't be getting past the Steelers.

See Seattle. Defensives win championships and our Lbs played poorly. No Brainer Mosely over Ebron any day of the week.

See Seattle. Defensives win championships and our Lbs played poorly. No Brainer Mosely over Ebron any day of the week.
This is pretty much exactly what I was going to say. Seattle on offense isn't that much better than Miami. As much as everyone talks about offense, the Seahawks still proved that you win with defense. Mosley also is a leader, which Ebron doesn't seem to be. That's important for the Dolphins as a team that seems to lack in this department.

I'm not sure either one will be there at 19. There are 3 guys I'd love to get at 19, Mosley, Ebron, or Pryor. Of those I think Pryor has the best chance to be around.

I'm not sure either one will be there at 19. There are 3 guys I'd love to get at 19, Mosley, Ebron, or Pryor. Of those I think Pryor has the best chance to be around.
I've seen Ebron mocked as high as #9 to Buffalo, but pretty consistently before #19. Mosley is a little more all over the map on mocks. I've seen quite a few having him go to the Steelers. I think both will be gone or Miami would have to trade up slightly to get one if that player is the target. I'm thinking Shazier is more likely and definitely fits a big need.

All things being equal, id go with the defensive player.
How would some of you draftniks compare Mosely to Willis coming out of college.

I still can't believe Cam Cameron drafted Ginn over Willis. (Sorry, just can't get over it)

What seperates mosley and ebron for me, is mosley is basically the perfect dafft pick. He's a team player, hard worker, lead by example type. And you know right away he's going to come in and have high work ethic. He really fits the new nfl playstyle amazing too. To me, mosley is the kind of player that can pull a pretty defense together, and possibly make it elite. He covered up for a lot of alabama mistakes on d.

I love what ebron brings to the table, but where's the good comments and quotes about him? Imo in the first rnd, if a player is dumb or has character concerns, cross them off your list. Coaches are to busy to have to waste time teaching someone how to act like a professional.

I also think amaro could very well be ranked higher than ebron by us. For me he's neck and neck with ebron. Amaro is basically a supersized wes welker. Runs a lot of underneath stuff so it makes it almost impossible to double team him, clean route runner, and with his size, freaking matchup nightmare. Imo amaro can show up in mia and get 7-9 targets immediately, and become tannehills go to guy, and our most dangerous red zone target.

All things being equal, id go with the defensive player.
How would some of you draftniks compare Mosely to Willis coming out of college.

I still can't believe Cam Cameron drafted Ginn over Willis. (Sorry, just can't get over it)

I still can't believe we passed up earl thomas. When he fell to us, I was fliping out. Than ireland happened.

Mosley isn't a earl thomas level player, but there's a lot of similarities despite the fact they play different positions.

I like the idea of getting to a top defense but this team cant score enough. It has been a problem for a while now check the offensive rankings. We have to find a way to score more points a game. How does Ebron rate as far as blocking?

I like the idea of getting to a top defense but this team cant score enough. It has been a problem for a while now check the offensive rankings. We have to find a way to score more points a game. How does Ebron rate as far as blocking?

He's a terrible blocker. Sometimes he doesn't even give much effort. He's a rocked up WR with the same DIVA attitude, so he fits right in.

Mosely would be a great pickup. Continuing to add youth and high level players to our defense will pay off. The defense is relatively young and if the young corners can step up we will have a good D for a while. Vernon, Jordan, Taylor, Odrick, Jones, Misi, Davis and the addition of Mosley will give us a very young core to our D. In this league you need linebackers who are quick and can run sideline to sideline. Mosley fits that perfect. And if i have to watch wheeler guess and shoot the wrong gap all next season, i am not going to be a happy guy.

He's a terrible blocker. Sometimes he doesn't even give much effort. He's a rocked up WR with the same DIVA attitude, so he fits right in.

Another issue I have with ebron is his only experience in a offense is with the spread system. I've lost count of how many players out of the spread system look lost in the NFL if there put in more pro or timing based offense.

I'll be the first to admit, he may be the smoothest running 250 lb TE I've ever seen. But than you realize, he's kind of big for nothing, because he doesn't use his weight/size advantage at all.

And for those reasons, and the reasons I mentioned in my earlier post, I wouldn't be surprised if amaro is higher on our draft chart. If I'm drafting a TE, especially high, I want them to be able to use there size.

Back
Top Bottom