Most convincing argument we draft OG at #12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most convincing argument we draft OG at #12

normaniii

Active Roster
Reaction score
Ireland has stated he drafts horizontally not vertically. Player who meets value and need.

There are 2 spots on roster that need addressing. OT & CB.

IMO there is no chance we get an opportunity to select any of the top 3 OT. When you look at the top 7 picks, 5 have a massive need at OT. The next OT on board and who many have projected to us is Fluker. I dont see it, as he is a poor fit for ZBS.

CB. Dee Milliner will be gone. Xavier Rhodes does not fit scheme. Desmond Trufant has similar skills to Sean Smith.

IMO this is leaving Ireland in a tough spot and the reason why he is wanting to explore the trade for Albert.

The next weakest spot on roster IMO is OG. Many have talked about DT, with both Starks & Soliai both FA next year, but so too are Incognito and Jerry. IMO when you consider OG & DT, OG is far more of a need.

This leaves Chance Warmack & Jonathan Cooper. Both are of high character, have no real injury concerns and hit value at #12.

IMO Ireland would take Warmack if available, as he has always stated his draft rarely alters after combine and Warmack was rated higher during the season. Warmack though may be gone and Cooper fits scheme, need and value at this point.

I cannot see past OG at #12.

Someone convince me otherwise.

51% of our runs were between the guards, 8 out of the top 10 run blocking teams (per football outsiders) made the playoffs, we have a potential franchise qb- protect him, 3rd and 1 runs extend drives thus score more points- his blocking could help convert more of those, he is elite and will prob be bpa.

There are a few logical reasons to draft cooper.

seems to be a lot of jon cooper momentum beginning this weekend and now into the final stretch...we'll see..i don't think he gets to #12 unless some people trade out of some slots...

Theres going to be a whole lotta upset fans if we take a G at 12...and then take a Tackle at 42 or trade 54 for Albert and give him a big contract. Cooper is a good player...but I can't justify taking a G at 12 when we have other holes that are just as big or bigger at positions of greater importance

Crazy to think we're hoping an OG makes it to 12. Shows he's one of the best players in the draft regardless of position!

well silver in vip posted a link where daniel jeremiah said mia is cb in rd 2...down to warmack eifert or vaccaro at #12...

Cooper, Warmack, Eifert and Vaccaro sound like the 3 or 4 players Ireland may have been referring to as targets.

Lot of names and scenarios being thrown about. Still, those who know are not saying and those who say don't know. Can't trust anyone from the front office either; why would they tip their hand? However, trying to read the tea leaves is fun. I can see any number of picks making sense and although I wouldn't select a guard it wouldn'r surprise me based on past drafts. If the Dolphins don't move out of the 12 slot I am thinking they will take the best DL available.

The chances of a guard should be 00000000. We may draft a guard but for years now Ireland has been wanting to draft a defensive end so it is about time to do so. Really guys its about the coaching. How good is our defensive line and how many high round draft picks do we have playing on our line which is the strenght of our team. Odrick was a late first rounder, Vernon a 3rd rounder, Starks free agent, Wake free agent , Shellby free agent, Paul Soliai was a 4th rounder, Kheeston Randall 7th rounder. Other picks and players who played decent in most cases were Langford who is gone was a 4th rounder, Tony McDanile 7th round trade, Tyan Baker FA and Phillip Merling the 2nd round bust basically.. You need a good coach guys.

I would love cooper or Warmack at 12 then trade the 2nd for Albert. Our O-line instantly is pushed into the top 5 in the league. We could then use the 3 other picks in the 2nd and 3rd to grab a corner, d-line, and maybe a TE

Odrick was a late first rounder, Vernon a 3rd rounder, Starks free agent, Wake free agent , Shellby free agent, Paul Soliai was a 4th rounder, Kheeston Randall 7th rounder. Other picks and players who played decent in most cases were Langford who is gone was a 4th rounder, Tony McDanile 7th round trade, Tyan Baker FA and Phillip Merling the 2nd round bust basically.

Haha! You're totally right. Somehow it never occurred to me how little we have invested into the D-line, considering it is the showpiece of the team. And so many high picks on the O-line for it to be in the state it's in.

Maybe Ireland should trade down and get 30 picks in late rounds.

Philbin can coach guys on the line unlike Spazano. Ireland is not Parcells and wants to make his own name. Philbin will have influence on the selections. Dolphins draft Tyler Eifret with the #12 pick of the draft.

well silver in vip posted a link where daniel jeremiah said mia is cb in rd 2...down to warmack eifert or vaccaro at #12...

i go BPA and i think thats Eifert

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

when was the last time we drafted a OG in the first?

Back
Top Bottom