Most Improved Running Back for 2013: Lamar Miller

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Phinz1972, Jun 27, 2013.

1. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

2. TKAllDay

TKAllDay Seasoned Veteran Donator

God I wish all of these outlets will shutup about Lamar I am trying to get him in the 5th round of my FF draft or later

3. SuperMarksBros.

SuperMarksBros. Formerly Fiedler for MVP

Unproven in the 5th is a reach.

4. TKAllDay

And I got Spiller in the 8th round last year because he was unproven. You can pass on Lamar if youd like but I'd rather have him on my FF team with our new field stretching ZB offense

5. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

In an interview on Finsiders Wallace was asked who surprised him with their ability and he said Miller. Also mentioned Miller and Thiggy as guys he might race for fastest Fin.

i got a feeling he may have a breakout year so in FF he's a good bet if you asked me.

6. TKAllDay

Promise me if fins do well can we all meet up and have a FH party and get drunk together and talk about Cam wakes abs?

7. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

Curious how many teams are in your league? I play in a league of 12 teams, experienced owners (nobody has less than 10 seasons experience), which means round 5 ends at pick 60. There are only 32 starting RB's, I guarantee he won't be available in any deep leagues past round 5.

8. Ruckus45

Ruckus45 FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Projected 2013 stat line: 250 carries, 1,250 rushing yards, 10 touchdowns; 35 receptions, 400 receiving yards.

What? Yea, ill be pretty pumped if he pulls this off.

9. Phinz1972

Phinz1972 Make me a sammich

Yea, if late night math does me right, that's like 5 yards per carry & like 11 or 12 yards per catch. Don't remember what bush's numbers were for his time here but if not improvement over bush, then atleast should remain the same as far as RB production

10. SuperMarksBros.

Congrats on Fred Jackson getting hurt. You still reached for Spiller.

11. SuperMarksBros.

Until proven otherwise, Miller is no different than Daniel Thomas was 2 years ago fantasy-wise when he was the de-facto starter (nobody expected Bush to have the year he had), or Shonne Greene for that matter. In my 12 team $ league, DT was drafted around the 7th-8th. Then subsequently dropped by midseason.

I'll get killed for this of course, because unlike the rest of this site, I'm not guaranteeing a huge year for Miller. But hey, if you wanna use the meat of your fantasy draft on an injury risk with 51 career carries, knock yourself out.

12. MDFINFAN

MDFINFAN Reach for the Stars Super Donator Donator

I would want to be totally drunk if I'm going to talk about Wake's abs at a party...to the point that I don't remember anything...LOL

13. Hayden Fox

Hayden Fox Love Creating Turnovers Donator

I have been the biggest Lamar Miller supporter around here since last spring. I was ecstatic when they got him day three. I think he was the best RB in the draft.

Bucky Brooks has been bullish on Miami all offseason. He makes some logical points of why Miller should find success.

14. Ruckus45

Bush:
    227 carries, 986 yards, 6 TDs, 35 Rec, 292 rec yards.

it'd be a pretty solid improvement.

15. ISMKED WITRICKY

ISMKED WITRICKY Population 1

From past years, it just feels good to be reading postive arcticles about the players on this team.plus the from diffrent media outlets and not just miami reporters.

16. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

Miller's last season with the Canes he was balls to the wall the first 5 games breaking several long TD runs and putting up 100 + yard every game one after another.
    Then he injured his shoulder and understandably did not run so hard the rest of the season. Probably why someone talked about as a 1st rounder fall to us in the 4th.
    Last year was getting his confidence back and learning the offense.
    If we get the Miller I saw before the injury we'll be set at RB for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  17. TealAttack13

TealAttack13 A True Fan

Here's to hoping they are all right.

18. beanh8er

beanh8er A True Fan Donator

Those are HoF numbers. If he gets 250 carries with 1100 yards, I'll be ecstatic much less 1250 yards.

19. Fin Thirteen

Fin Thirteen FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Virtually all these articles are coming from Bucky Brooks - I'm not sure the very bullish view is representative of how all the NFL.com analysts view us.

Bucky is nursing a semi over us all summer. I hope he doesn't strain a muscle.

20. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

I disagree, barring injury I don't think Miller has any competition for the starting spot this year. It's his, on a silver platter by pretty much all accounts. Don't get me wrong, I'm not guaranteeing 1500 yards but if I needed a starting RB I wouldn't even consider Thomas or Gillisilee at this point in time. I'd love to get him late, but as I mentioned before there is no way he'll be available in deeper leagues - a lot depends on scoring systems too though, we don't do PPR so outside of the few truly elite QBs, our league values RBs higher than other leagues.

21. El Calebra

El Calebra Fan Finheaven VIP Donator

14 yards shy of 1000 yards? By team design?

22. Ruckus45

some think so....but really he could have eclipsed 1000 if he didn't dance as much and just hit the hole more consistently in the season.

23. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Rookie

That's the one thing that stood out to me about Miller in his limited time last year, he hits the hole hard and doesn't waste time in doing so. If he can stay healthy enough to play 16 games, I think he should at least be able to hit 1000 yards

24. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Lamar Miller is here at the right place at the right time.He gets two camps sandwiched with a rookie season to learn his blocking assignments and playbook.It's hard to say he wont be improved do to the lack of carries last season.He really has to be excited.

25. Phindog

Phindog A True Fan

Reggie not reaching 1000 was his own doing.He left his share of yards on the field by dancing when it wasn't necessary.I'm sure he knows it.

26. allsilverdreams

allsilverdreams Starter Finheaven VIP Donator

i thnk Miller has a great year but for some reason I think Gray will make the team as well and perhaps split time with him.Gillislee will be the change of pace guy

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:28 PM ----------

imagine if we get Leach

27. SuperMarksBros.

fair points all around. scoring systems factor heavily in draft plans. I was in a league once that gave QBs 6 pts per passing TD, 1 pt per 10 yards, and increasing bonuses for length of TD. QBs went very early in that league :). Dont get me wrong, as a lifelong Phins/Canes fans, I want Miller to become a superstar, but I have to see it first before investing a high pick with so many question marks (he's unproven, qb unproven, line shakeup), especially at a position where guys end up dropping like flies towards the end of the season. Let's hope the guy is a total stud for this team.