most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

most overlooked thing of the Hartline deal

The most overlooked thing is that Hartline owes Ryan Tannehill a big fat, juicy , long wet kiss for his new contract. The biggest numbers he's ever put up, in the last year of his contract...wow !

it is noteworthy he didn't practice until the last week of training camp, zero OTAs or Mini Camp

It's more than just last season
Hartline has NO ability to score points
The Dolphins have scored 802 pts going back 42 games Hartline accounts for 12 of those points (.014%)

1/10 of 1%....SUCKS AT ANY AMOUNT OF MONEY

I disagree, most overlooked thing is that everyone on this board wants to sign Hartline to a fat chunk of change for catching 1 TD pass last year.. He can get as much junk yards as possible but his 1 literally 1 TD catch last year has somehow earned him 4-8mill per year... All that his performance told me last season is that he could not get separation... Even in M2M he could not beat the jam.. Watch his film people..

You contradict yourself without even knowing it. How the hell do you gain over 1,000 yards against the league's best corners and double teams, if you can't get separation? Do you see how that works? No, because it doesn't make sense. Obviously he did create enough room to gain that many yards. He may not have been a touchdown machine, but I'll go for the cliche and say that he will benefit tremendously as a #2 with a true #1 opposite to him and score at least 4 next season.

The most overlooked thing about Hartline is that if he missed the Arizona game, absolutely no team would want him!!! Take away that game and he has 830 yds and 0 TDs for the season.

Lol yet another fan stating the same load of BS. Ya think if you take away a man's CAREER best game, that his stats would look slightly different? Good one Sherlock.

I honestly think that while Hartline has his limitations, he could turn into a SOLID #2 option if we put a speedster like Wallace on the other side of the field. No, he's not a guy who can carry the team and cause matchup problems on his own, but he is an excellent route runner, has great hands, and is flexible enough to move around the LOS.

What one TD tells me is that he is not a true number 1, and that he would be a very very good number 2. If we had a megaton, Johnson, Wayne type number 1, then they would be double teamed and Hartline would be freed up. If he signed elsewhere, then he would be missed more than most people realise.
He didn't do a damn thing when Marshall was here. How can you say that??

You contradict yourself without even knowing it. How the hell do you gain over 1,000 yards against the league's best corners and double teams, if you can't get separation? Do you see how that works? No, because it doesn't make sense. Obviously he did create enough room to gain that many yards. He may not have been a touchdown machine, but I'll go for the cliche and say that he will benefit tremendously as a #2 with a true #1 opposite to him and score at least 4 next season.
1. he got 25% of his yards in the arizona game, against william gay who recently got cut.
2. any decent corners he faced completely locked him down. See antonio cromartie, corteland finnegan, and richard sherman
3. He is not a big enough threat to receive any double teams, which is part of the reason why the offense struggled.

He didn't do a damn thing when Marshall was here. How can you say that??

He led the team in receiving touchdown's his rookie season, albeit with 3. Catching 30 receptions with 3 scores is not bad by any means. In his 2nd season, he only played 12 games. His targets nearly doubled this past season compared to his previous, and was simply utilized more. This kind of tends to happen when you start an entire season as your quarterback's #1 option for the first time. That argument has grown tired. :rolleyes2:

He led the team in receiving touchdown's his rookie season, albeit with 3. Catching 30 receptions with 3 scores is not bad by any means. In his 2nd season, he only played 12 games. His targets nearly doubled this past season compared to his previous, and was simply utilized more. This kind of tends to happen when you start an entire season as your quarterback's #1 option for the first time. That argument has grown tired. :rolleyes2:
Funny you should say that the argument has grown tired when you throw out pathetic #'s and excuses then try to justify why a mediocre WR is better than he really is.

Funny you should say that the argument has grown tired when you throw out pathetic #'s and excuses then try to justify why a mediocre WR is better than he really is.

It would be better than it is in a scenario with Wallace lined up opposite of Hartline. You know I wasn't talking about Hartline entering the year as the #1 again, yet you come up with no logical counter to the statement I said above, actually it wasn't a counter at all lol. Not surprising in the least. I'm just here for friendly/logical debate, come at me. :)

For everyone talking about touchdowns I just read a stat that while here Welker had a total of 3 touchdown......... How'd that one work out for the Patriots? I also remember at least 3-4 Tds that THill just flat out missed him.

We need a better #2. Hartline is a guy who had a good rookie contract/production, now you let him go and draft somebody with more potential.
You don't overpay for this guy, which imho, is anything above 3 mil/yr.
I just don't see what this guy has done, that any other promising rookie can't do after 2-3 years.
Is anybody here really going to miss Hartline? Yeah he has some nice acrobatic sideline catches. Is that worth 6 mil? Or a starting #2?
There is no upside to Hartline imho, let this guy go and actually upgrade our WR's.

Back
Top Bottom