Most Physical Draft Prospects at Each Position | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Most Physical Draft Prospects at Each Position

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
I have to be honest, I didn't expect to come to the draft forum this early in the season. But after watching part of the Bengals game on tape, I just got frustrated with the lack of physical play on both sides of the ball.

So I've come here for some expert opinions on college football. Haven't had a chance to watch much, but my question is who are the most physical players at each position.

I know Adam Gase hasn't had a chance to put his blueprint on this team in one offseason. His first draft was a bit unusual as far as saying what he prefers, but Gase has worked under Nick Saban and John Fox. Both of those coaches value physical play on both sides of the ball. That may ultimately be Gase's blueprint as well.

Thanks.

Most Physical Players at Each Position:

RB
Leonard Fournette

WR
Josh Reynolds (watch this kid block downfield for his running backs)

TE
Jeremy Sprinkle

OL
Cam Robinson
Nico Siragusa

DE
Jonathan Allen
Carl Lawson
Marquis Haynes

DT
Montravius Adams
Lowell Lotulelei

LB
Reuben Foster (most physical player in college football)

S
Jamal Adams
Tray Matthews
Marcus Allen

CB
Chidobe Awuzie
Sean Chandler

I have to be honest, I didn't expect to come to the draft forum this early in the season. But after watching part of the Bengals game on tape, I just got frustrated with the lack of physical play on both sides of the ball.

So I've come here for some expert opinions on college football. Haven't had a chance to watch much, but my question is who are the most physical players at each position.

I know Adam Gase hasn't had a chance to put his blueprint on this team in one offseason. His first draft was a bit unusual as far as saying what he prefers, but Gase has worked under Nick Saban and John Fox. Both of those coaches value physical play on both sides of the ball. That may ultimately be Gase's blueprint as well.

Thanks.

I agree with this, ireland and Parcells generally focused a lot of being. Amore physical team up front, than philbin showed up snd just added soft player sfter soft player, he seemed to completely neglect the fact this is a physical game.

I thought in last years draft we Would go defense heavy, most of us thought that I think, and I focused mostly on restocking physical players. Gase had other ideas I guess. The bright side to what Gase did is almost our entire offense will be returning next season with a year in the system. The downside, is he might need a new QB.

Most Physical Players at Each Position:

RB
Leonard Fournette

WR
Josh Reynolds (watch this kid block downfield for his running backs)

TE
Jeremy Sprinkle

OL
Cam Robinson
Nico Siragusa

DE
Jonathan Allen
Carl Lawson
Marquis Haynes

DT
Montravius Adams
Lowell Lotulelei

LB
Reuben Foster (most physical player in college football)

S
Jamal Adams
Tray Matthews
Marcus Allen

CB
Chidobe Awuzie
Sean Chandler

Slimm is Foster worth a top 10 pick? I know linebackers don't usually find themselves in the top 10 as that is usually reserved for pass rushers, quarterbacks, shutdown corners or elite players at other positions.

I agree with this, ireland and Parcells generally focused a lot of being. Amore physical team up front, than philbin showed up snd just added soft player sfter soft player, he seemed to completely neglect the fact this is a physical game.

I thought in last years draft we Would go defense heavy, most of us thought that I think, and I focused mostly on restocking physical players. Gase had other ideas I guess. The bright side to what Gase did is almost our entire offense will be returning next season with a year in the system. The downside, is he might need a new QB.

Man I even hate the word finesse when talking about football. Philibin set this team back with his philosophy and not being able to get along with players like Brandon Marshall and Vontae Davis. How would those two look on this team? Both physically gifted players at their positions.

I also thought defense was going to be the calling card for Miami in the last draft. I think once Tunsil fell that changed the entire draft. Had he not been there, I have to believe the Dolphins take a defensive guy. But Gase obviously wanted some mismatch guys on offense with Drake, Carroo and Grant.

Quarterback is interesting. I'm hoping Tannehill can step his game up a little bit, but if Miami is picking really high would have to think quarterback could be a pick.

Slimm is Foster worth a top 10 pick? I know linebackers don't usually find themselves in the top 10 as that is usually reserved for pass rushers, quarterbacks, shutdown corners or elite players at other positions.

I used to make the point quite often that a good linebacker makes plays tackle to tackle, a great linebacker makes plays sideline to sideline. Foster flies from one side of the field to the other knocking the snot out of anything that even gets close to the football. Furthermore, he makes plays in the backfield, and downfield in coverage. Destroys blocks by offensive lineman at the POA to drag down ball carriers. Never takes a false step and flows to the football.... beats even the fastest RB's to the perimeter. Chases down receivers and catches them from behind. Tremendous leader and a demon on special teams.

Every physical trait is elite. He's everything that made Patrick Willis one of the best linebackers to come out in many years. They look identical.

I used to make the point quite often that a good linebacker makes plays tackle to tackle, a great linebacker makes plays sideline to sideline. Foster flies from one side of the field to the other knocking the snot out of anything that even gets close to the football. Furthermore, he makes plays in the backfield, and downfield in coverage. Destroys blocks by offensive lineman at the POA to drag down ball carriers. Never takes a false step and flows to the football.... beats even the fastest RB's to the perimeter. Chases down receivers and catches them from behind. Tremendous leader and a demon on special teams.

Every physical trait is elite. He's everything that made Patrick Willis one of the best linebackers to come out in many years. They look identical.

This makes me salivate

We have needed a MLB for years. Unless we are picking in the top five, I'd be thrilled with picking Foster. What a good football player at a position of desperate need.

Foster is my #1 choice, I can see us picking anywhere from 5 to 10th pick and hope we snag him and then trade back up In the 1st round for a QB

That sounds like a top 10 pick. Miami definitely needs to invest on linebackers and Foster would be a nice start.

Question for you....with your GM hat on. If Foster and Fournette are both available for Miami who do you take?

Foster is my #1 choice, I can see us picking anywhere from 5 to 10th pick and hope we snag him and then trade back up In the 1st round for a QB

How about Reuben Foster and a trade up for Jarrad Davis? Talk about solving the linebacker need in a big way. Miami would go from one of the worst linebacking units to potentially one of the best.

That sounds like a top 10 pick. Miami definitely needs to invest on linebackers and Foster would be a nice start.

Question for you....with your GM hat on. If Foster and Fournette are both available for Miami who do you take?

That's a tough one because I'm all in on the talent of Fournette. I know how special of a player he is. However, I'd have to take Foster there for two reasons.

First, there's just not another inside linebacker talent like him after he's gone. Secondly, the running back depth in this class is superb. If you take Foster and then come back in Round 2 with a Nick Chubb, you've nailed the draft if you're in the market for both positions early. You just couldn't do much better than that in terms of improving your football team with two picks.

How about Reuben Foster and a trade up for Jarrad Davis? Talk about solving the linebacker need in a big way. Miami would go from one of the worst linebacking units to potentially one of the best.

Jamie collins and/or Donte Hightower will reach free agency and its at a position that doesn't cost too much. Foster and one of them would work perfectly

That's a tough one because I'm all in on the talent of Fournette. I know how special of a player he is. However, I'd have to take Foster there for two reasons.

First, there's just not another inside linebacker talent like him after he's gone. Secondly, the running back depth in this class is superb. If you take Foster and then come back in Round 2 with a Nick Chubb, you've nailed the draft if you're in the market for both positions early. You just couldn't do much better than that in terms of improving your football team with two picks.

Makes sense. Plus, I think the team could go the veteran route at running back. A little easier position to fill.

Back
Top Bottom