Mostly likely 1st round pick in 2017? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Mostly likely 1st round pick in 2017?

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Which position do you think the Dolphins are mostly likely to select in the first round of 2017 draft given the positions we filled this year and expected losses and roster holes from 2016?

I'd say the most likely is DE. That position is old and will need a youth infusion.

If Tannehill doesn't progress, QB would be the other possible option.

LB after that.

I also wouldn't rule out a dynamic player like Christian McCaffrey.

Athletes and playmakers on D. LB, DE, FS, CB. On offense, an every down electric running back.

DE unless Tannehill has a mare of a season. Wake & Mario are old and their backups are stop gaps.

I would say next year will be defense heavy. The free agent plan this year was defensive stopgaps. If Maxwell & Mario Williams don't work out, they can both be axed next offseason with managable cap hits.

I hope Maxwell, Williams and especially Alonso work out myself. Regardless, with Cam Wake's days numbered, I would go defensive end. I'll leave it to hoops or TedSlimm to talk about 2017 prospects though, I have no clue who'll be out there.

Has to be on defense, unless the QB has a real bad season. Really any position on defense. Still needs plenty of work.

Dalvin Cook!

Who knows, I would think de/edge guy, backer...we could go bpa that is a good scheme fit.

Which position do you think the Dolphins are mostly likely to select in the first round of 2017 draft given the positions we filled this year and expected losses and roster holes from 2016?

I'd say the most likely is DE. That position is old and will need a youth infusion.

If Tannehill doesn't progress, QB would be the other possible option.

LB after that.

I also wouldn't rule out a dynamic player like Christian McCaffrey.

Seriously?
We haven't had camp yet, preseason game, much less a regular season game.

I am moving that one to the draft forum.

Seriously?
We haven't had camp yet, preseason game, much less a regular season game.

I am moving that one to the draft forum.

I just thought it was something fun to talk about...

You guys are way too intense about moving threads out of the main forum.

I just thought it was something fun to talk about...

It probably is for those who are deeply into the draft. But in my opinion one day after the draft of 2016 to start threads about 2017 is a little for me.

You guys are way too intense about moving threads out of the main forum.
It has nothing to do with intense. There will be plenty of threads for the 2017 draft once the season starts. If you are a draft nick and you live for the draft then this forum is best for that. In the future there will be plenty of 2017 draft threads which will not be moved. Right now, one day after the 2016 draft, it just clutters the board.

Back
Top Bottom