Move game from London to Miami by Armando. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move game from London to Miami by Armando.

Personally I like the idea, but I would be curious as to the revenue that London games pull in for the NFL b/c that is what the decision will be based upon, IMO; not that we are now forced into 16 straight games with the addition of international travel.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article171486902.html

I haven't seen this posted, anyways AS is spot on with this commentary. 16 games in 16 weeks is not fair for the Bucs nor the Fins...The London Game should be moved back to Miami. Your thoughts???

How does moving the game resolve 16 games in a row tho?

Personally, these road trips are overblown. Flying to London is similar to flying to Seattle. They fly in the best accommodations to boot.

It doesn't resolve the 16 games in a row issue, but it would serve the NFL to look after their own....Like AS stated, there's 3 other games in London this year anyways.

The NFL should listen to their teams in doing what's best for their teams....not even considering moving Sunday's game to Thursday or even Friday night or to a neutral site is not giving a crap about 2 of your 32 stakeholders.....the team deserves a few breaks....and if they can get the game in Miami, with the heat and humidity of S Florida on OCT 1 as an advantage vs a dome team, we should get the opportunity.....I know we got a Super Bowl coming because we sacrificed that home game for London this year, just give us a bit of a break this year and send us to London next year!

Never going to happen, but I like the spirit from Armando!

Yeah, we are getting screwed, and its nice for one of our columnists to notice and speak out about it for a change.

Typically Omar is trying to stir a QB controversy to fuel his clickbait. Barry is covering all sports, and there is precious few beat writers who even care. I'm glad Armando spoke up about it.

Sure, the fear of Hurricane Irma is the big story, but I'm tired of Dolphins news getting swept under the rug unless it's bad news. I'm tired of our media capitulation. Good for him writing a story about it!

face it -- we're one of the disposable franchises at this point. The league has NO PROBLEM screwing us over
taking away home games etc. Hard to imagine the Cheats being treated like this!

Last edited:
How does moving the game resolve 16 games in a row tho?

Personally, these road trips are overblown. Flying to London is similar to flying to Seattle. They fly in the best accommodations to boot.

Time change is +5 hours instead of -3 hours which personally doesn't sound like a lot but it is easier to go backward and flip your sleep. 10pm Eastern is 7pm Pacific instead of 3am GMT. The time change going west is working toward your sleep until you cross the Pacific Ocean and the time change is 12 hours off and nothing matters because up is down and left is right.

Personally for me 3 hours one why or the other isn't anything becasue I'm used to dealing with 12 hours differnce in time change in Asia but 5 and 7 hours are pretty bad also. Staying in Czech Rep, Finland and Germany was not easy to adapt to. Takes about 5 days to start getting good sleep again. Takes about two weeks in Asia.

Well as said earlier after being a Dolphin fan for over 30 years and having seen them here in the UK and also travelled several times to Miami I would not be happy for the game to be taken from London as I wont get chance to see them till at the earliest next year. I have already purchased my tickets, made my arrangements and although I understand its not like a home game I think as UK and European fans we do our best to support our team.

Hell no I know you guys lose a home game but as a fan in Scotland sine 1983 it's the only time i get to see them live
Ya they are not going to shaft the market they are trying to build and neither would I. Wish we took on Jacksonville week one though.

It's not gonna happen. Mando just looking for something to pass the time now that footballs not gonna happen this week.

Back
Top Bottom