Move game from London to Miami by Armando. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Move game from London to Miami by Armando.

This will not happen. Armando is a veteran reporter but the commitment to the London games is at an NFL owners level and it's about money. The NFL longterm gameplan appears to be to take the NFL global and generate an additional stream of income from a global following, TV, etc. Do not underestimate the owners' desire to expand and make a lot more money. One of the owners who appears to put his hand up every time to visibly support the London games is Mr Ross and it is hard to see him doing a backflip. Yes, it sucks that we have lost our week 11 bye, but I doubt that they change it.
Besides, I think we still have a great chance to beat the Saints in London.

Last edited:
Time change is +5 hours instead of -3 hours which personally doesn't sound like a lot but it is easier to go backward and flip your sleep. 10pm Eastern is 7pm Pacific instead of 3am GMT. The time change going west is working toward your sleep until you cross the Pacific Ocean and the time change is 12 hours off and nothing matters because up is down and left is right.

Personally for me 3 hours one why or the other isn't anything becasue I'm used to dealing with 12 hours differnce in time change in Asia but 5 and 7 hours are pretty bad also. Staying in Czech Rep, Finland and Germany was not easy to adapt to. Takes about 5 days to start getting good sleep again. Takes about two weeks in Asia.

Trust me, it does make a difference. But this theory some have that this whole thing potentially wrecks our season just seems like a convenient scapegoat that I hope i never hear come from the mouths of our players.

Also we usually travel to London early in the week so by the time Sunday does come around the minds and bodies have adjusted. Plus the other team has the same problem.

It is what it is, but I do believe factoring "everything"' the bye week option was the "best decision" to make.

Time change is +5 hours instead of -3 hours which personally doesn't sound like a lot but it is easier to go backward and flip your sleep. 10pm Eastern is 7pm Pacific instead of 3am GMT. The time change going west is working toward your sleep until you cross the Pacific Ocean and the time change is 12 hours off and nothing matters because up is down and left is right.

Personally for me 3 hours one why or the other isn't anything becasue I'm used to dealing with 12 hours differnce in time change in Asia but 5 and 7 hours are pretty bad also. Staying in Czech Rep, Finland and Germany was not easy to adapt to. Takes about 5 days to start getting good sleep again. Takes about two weeks in Asia.
Agree it's a big deal - I fly internationally all the time - heck, I stayed up to watch last year's SB in Amsterdam - almost went to bed at the half - kinda wish I did... Anyhow, going to London from the east coast messes your body up way more than flying west to Seattle.

It's a crap situation but what can you do? The hurricane is serious business. I wish we didn't have another London game this year - feel like we are there too often of late. Our fans will only get to see 6 games at our true home - that's a bummer. Injuries to our QB and new MLB, london game, game at neutral site - a lot of adversity and the season hasn't even started yet.

How does moving the game resolve 16 games in a row tho?

Personally, these road trips are overblown. Flying to London is similar to flying to Seattle. They fly in the best accommodations to boot.
Actually the flight time to London is 3-3.5 hours longer. May not seem like much to you and me but after playing a game then jumping on a plane for a 10 hour transatlantic flight the aches and pains take a toll on players. Many have complained about that flight home.

Not that the NFL is going to change it though.

Sorry, but the Europeans don't get a pass from the storm. Sure, they will be inconvenienced having to get a refund. Guess what, get in line. We have a hurricane. I don't think you compare the EP inconvenience anywhere near the larger picture. Storms are a bitch.

The NFL will never do the right thing, but the game should be moved. It's already absurd how many times Miami has had to play in London.

Sorry, but the Europeans don't get a pass from the storm. Sure, they will be inconvenienced having to get a refund. Guess what, get in line. We have a hurricane. I don't think you compare the EP inconvenience anywhere near the larger picture. Storms are a *****.

The NFL will never do the right thing, but the game should be moved. It's already absurd how many times Miami has had to play in London.
And I think we are the "home" team more often than not. Our ticket holders deserve better. How many times have the Pats been the "home" team over there?

And I think we are the "home" team more often than not. Our ticket holders deserve better. How many times have the Pats been the "home" team over there?
Come to think of it, have the Pats ever had to play over there at all? I don't recall them ever playing a London game.

As a long standing Dolphins fan in the uk I fully understand the pain in losing a home game but mr Ross wanted a super bowl at the stadium he improved and had to give up a game to do this maybe it's just me but I take pride in cheering my lungs out to support the team when they are over here it's a lot better than shouting at the tv on gamepass lol and I thank the Miami Dolphins organisation for giving me that chance so fins up .....

Actually the flight time to London is 3-3.5 hours longer. May not seem like much to you and me but after playing a game then jumping on a plane for a 10 hour transatlantic flight the aches and pains take a toll on players. Many have complained about that flight home.

Not that the NFL is going to change it though.

I have done the flight nonstop in 8 hours, Miami to Seattle is 6.5 to 7.

I have done it in coach and I have done it on an upgraded class . . . .the difference is literally night and day. I can only imagine the difference between my upgraded class with 40+" legroom + leg up recline and 23" inches of width and football player first class with better measurements with personal service.

I am not trying to downplay the flight like it isn't a difference, definitely when factoring in losing a home game in the process, but It definitely isn't this season collapsing event that some people want to make it out to be.

Had we not had the bye week scenario and were foced to play this at a neutral venue, then I would be more receptive to a move from London . . The bye week scenario allowed for the least amount of change and although tougher for sure, our season isn't over because of this change.

Only 6 games at Hard Rock was not an option tho. Absolutely Unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom