"Move Over Kobe!!!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Move Over Kobe!!!"

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Epiphanny Prince of Murry Bergtraum High School scored 113 points in a game Wednesday, breaking a national prep record previously held by Hall of Famer Cheryl Miller. Prince, a 5-foot-9 senior guard, led her team to a 137-32 victory over Brandeis High School.
"After I scored 29 points in the first quarter, I didn't think much of it," Prince told The Associated Press in a phone interview late Wednesday night. "After I had 58 points at the half, and especially after having in the 80s after the third quarter, I just decided to go for it."
Prince had 58 points at halftime for the Lady Blazers, ranked No. 2 in the nation by USA Today.
"At the half, we thought she had a chance to break the record so we just let her go," coach Ed Grezinsky said.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/basketball/more/02/01/prince.113/index.html

Denham Brown of Uconn scored like 108 in a highschool game the same year that Dajuan Wagner scored 101. Someone hits 100 about every couple of years it seems..

but in high school these records are meaningless. You could have a kid in high school who is 6'7 playing against five guys who are 5'4.

Score 100 in college or the pros, even semi-pro or international ball and its something. High schoool??? Not impressed

137-32

The coach should be fired!
She should have been on the bench after the 1st quarter.

I think some guy scored around 108 points in a college game in the 1950's? That would be cool to see.

NJFINSFAN1 said:
137-32

The coach should be fired!
She should have been on the bench after the 1st quarter.

yea, glad they are teaching the youngsters all about good sportsmans ship. :rolleyes2

finfansince72 said:
yea, glad they are teaching the youngsters all about good sportsmans ship. :rolleyes2

it was 44-6 after the 1st quarter and she had 29 points. I just don't get some of these coaches.

MikeO said:
but in high school these records are meaningless. You could have a kid in high school who is 6'7 playing against five guys who are 5'4.

Score 100 in college or the pros, even semi-pro or international ball and its something. High schoool??? Not impressed

Very true...I played against pg Tremayne Hawthorne last year from Drexel...the freshmen and hes like 6''3, 6''4 and im only 5''6. He dunked on me too :mad:. I did manage to nab a three in his face and still score 11 points that game though

He had like 40 or some crap though

NJFINSFAN1 said:
it was 44-6 after the 1st quarter and she had 29 points. I just don't get some of these coaches.

and ofcourse ESPN has been gushing about it, putting that shameful display on sportscenter. Can't wait for the next blowout where some mismatched team gives up 150 to a player.

Back
Top Bottom