Murphy to play RG | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Murphy to play RG

Dolphins | Team currently sees Murphy playing on right side
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:17:05 -0700
Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said the team will put OL Shawn Murphy at right guard for the time being. Ireland said Murphy has a chance to be a part of the line rotation this season.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl
I would sure hope so. I mean who else would be in there?
Mormino? :shakeno:
I think the OG's we took are solid and we are going to finally have a tough O-Line very soon.:wink:

He was rated the second best G by many and allowed no sacks his senior year. Donald Thomas is the one who is being considered a project.....

I thought Smiley was the RG...

Putting Smiley at LG gives Jake Long a vet next to him, while putting Murphy at RG puts a vet (Carey) next to him. This way you don't have two potentially confused rookies next to each other when a blitz is coming...

Putting Smiley at LG gives Jake Long a vet next to him, while putting Murphy at RG puts a vet (Carey) next to him. This way you don't have two potentially confused rookies next to each other when a blitz is coming...

Exactly:

LT - Long
LG - Smiley
C - Satele
RG - Murphy
RT - Carey

Interesting. You know if Thomas ended up being our RG, him and Smiley would be thw quickest guards in the league.

Granted, Murphy should beat him out, but still.

Dolphins | Team currently sees Murphy playing on right side
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 19:17:05 -0700
Miami Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland said the team will put OL Shawn Murphy at right guard for the time being. Ireland said Murphy has a chance to be a part of the line rotation this season.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

You can't have an o-line rotation can you? You get 5 guys as a unit and you work from there. Is there such a thing as a situational pass blocker? On 3rd and a mile? Situational run blocker on 4th and inches?

You can't have an o-line rotation can you? You get 5 guys as a unit and you work from there. Is there such a thing as a situational pass blocker? On 3rd and a mile? Situational run blocker on 4th and inches?

If your offense is on the field for a very long time (which is a GOOD thing if your pounding the ball) you will have to rotate some offensive lineman in during the game.

Back
Top Bottom