Must get this kid... and other offseason stuff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Must get this kid... and other offseason stuff

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
I usually don't get wrapped up in this type of post, but after today I just want to say how I think we should move forward.

First we have been horrible at drafting forever, so we have to start keeping our home grown guys here. Starting with Jarvis. He has a ton left in the tank, and we have to figure out a way to keep him. which is a no brainer.

We have to part ways with pouncey. the guy was never all that great, but anything that he did have is gone. take his money and pay juice, jmo. this save 8mil, with 1 mil dead

get suh to restructure and give him a signing bonus to make up for it to save cap.

Julius is an obvious cut. saves 6.6 mil, no dead

these moves would help this team and we would have some money left over to sign some lineman. maybe not top teir money guys, but some guys that can come in and get the job done.

Juw'an James- now this would be a really tough cut for me. this would hurt us more than help imo. it would save 9.341 mil though

The one thing we need to do is get Saquon Barkley in a phins uniform. he is the best back to come out in a very long time. better than zeke. the kid can do it all, catch the ball out of the back field and he runs angry. I'm usually not about taking a rb that high but this kid is the next great back. I know some will argue that we will be able to find later, but this kid is forreal. jmo

What do you guys think we need to do?

He looks great , but better to fix the OL for Tannehill.

If we gave away a good RB like Ajayi, I can't see us burning a 1st round on a RB, even Barkley. And this is going to generate an avalanche of vitrol, but IMHO, Barkley isn't special enough to warrant being drafted in the top 10. He's clearly exceptional ... but not really that special. His ceiling is Zeke Elliott.

If we gave away a good RB like Ajayi, I can't see us burning a 1st round on a RB, even Barkley. And this is going to generate an avalanche of vitrol, but IMHO, Barkley isn't special enough to warrant being drafted in the top 10. He's clearly exceptional ... but not really that special. His ceiling is Zeke Elliott.
I think he is better than zeke. but agree to disagree.

Behind a line like Dallas has a lessor back looks good. Zeke running behind our line would be fun ro watch.

no freaking way we're drafting a RB in the first round. Amazing how we just created another hole

Ozzy rules!!

We have wasted so many high picks on O linemen and it's still in shambles. Can we try a different approach and just draft the best player available that also fits a need. Even when we had the 1st overall pick years ago we drafted a LT that didn't even make it to his second contract with the Dolphins. I'm all for Barkley or anyone really just for the love of God, no more O-linemen in the first round! Use free agency to get a guard/center whatever.

First and foremost the Dolphins must learn how to draft....big, fast, mean and nasty is a good way to start, soft, weak with quick feet all that Philbin bullshit is not getting the job done. I looked at the Ravens and those guys seem bigger and nastier than the Charmin bears that we have playing down in the trenches. Just do a complete overall of the Oline....start there.

Looks fast, clip did not show much contact of the NFL variety.

Back
Top Bottom