Must get this kid... and other offseason stuff | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Must get this kid... and other offseason stuff

I agree with most of what you've said. I do think the team should part ways with Pouncey, but in doing so I think the team would have to keep James. Trying to find four starting offensive lineman (three if you don't count Asiata) would be extremely difficult, especially if the team continues to follow the New England model.

Personally, I think the team has to spend some premium picks on the offensive line.

Running back has to now be a high priority as well. Barkley would be great, but I think he'll be long gone by the time Miami picks. Guice, Love, Chubb, Jones II are all possibilities in round 1. Scarbrough is another guy I like, maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder. I think Gase wants someone more dynamic in the passing game so it will be interesting to see how that plays out. Free agency, on the cheap, may also be an option.

I agree with those who think tight end is a huge need. So basically, the Dolphins are looking to rebuild the entire offense with few keepers.

No more high O-line picks. Assuming we keep James, 2 number 1's is good enough for me and Pouncey may even come back giving us 3. Learn how to coach these guys up and draft some more day 2 corn fed like Asiago and teach them. We had an o-lineman doing cocaine in his office. This unit didn't have a chance.

Barkley's lower legs are the size of Lincoln Logs. Show me some plays where he actually has to punish tacklers and run through a tackle. If all he can do is absorb hits and not punish a defender, he's no better than Trent Richardson.

The one player in the entire draft that would have the single biggest impact on this team is Lamar Jackson. He's listed at 6-3 likely no shorter than 6-2 and he added 10 lbs of muscle this past offseason and he'll get even bigger to prepare for the draft and the pros....he's more advanced of a passer than Mike Vick was coming out, he's a star and we need a star! And he grew up in the area.

Runningback is the biggest plug-and-play position in football. Fix the OL and any above average RB will suffice

If we are in a position to draft Barkley (probably would need to lose out and even then that may not be enough) . . . this team better make sure it has done EVERY ounce of homework on Ryan Tannehill, his injury and the draft eligible quarterbacks in 2018 before deciding that drafting a RB is the best decision this team could make.

Juwan James has been your best offensive lineman this year. You already placed the 5th year option on him, I don't see him being cut . . . in fact I could see a longterm deal being extended his way to potentially save on the cap hit.

Personally I don't believe the Dolphins are cutting Mike Pouncey, unless he gets hurt again. HIm suffering a concusssion doesn't count as part of his injury history. If he is healthy, MIami is not cutting him. His base salary is under 8 million a year for the next 2 years and Adam Gase absolutely believes he is a vital piece to the offense. Expect him to stay.

I don't believe Jarvis will be a Dolphin in 2018. And the only reason he was not traded yesterday is because the only teams that would offer Miami a 2nd round pick were in the division and Kelvin Benjamin compensation wasn't enough when Miami is likely to get a 3rd via compensatory anyways.

Julius still has 1/2 a season to show something but the guy we have seen so far won't be on the roster at 6.6 million next season. Jimmy Graham is the name I would look for in the offseason. Stop gap until you finally get a young TE of your own. My guess is they bring back Fasano as well.

I have seen several people mention a "Suh restructure". I would not touch the contract anymore. You have him at a high number for the next 2 years and then that final year is very team friendly in case his play starts to severly decline at age 33. If you restructure you may as well pen him in for all 3 years and that final year will be as high as any of these current years we are dealing with. And I'm not one of those people who don't understand what Miami was doing in regards to this contract, the only reason they had the extra cap space used on Cutler was to give them flexibility and insurance in regards to free agency and injuries but once they signed Jay Cutler, that insurance money was gone. People think that Jay Cutler money was Landry's . . . nah, that was Suh's money and was in theory always supposed to be carried over to help you offset the Suh cap number.

If Miami exits the playoff picture over the next few games, the team absolutely needs to give Asiata burn over Bushrod. You need to see what you have there before the season is over and if he ain't got the goods they need to make drafting or signing a top guard a priority. I still think Tunsil will get it sorted at LT and I think Larsen will be a capable LG in the near future. Pouncey will continue at center and James at RT. But they need a beast RG inserted into this lineup.

I would definitely see about a long term extension on James. That cap number is too high for one season. For the draft, go BPA, not position of need. You get needs at FA.

Eh, not a huge fan of taking a RB high.
However, it'll come down to BPA/needs when we are on the clock.

Depending on who is on the board, wouldn't mind a trade back* to acquire more mid round picks.
Then go after interior linemen who fit your scheme in day 2.

*If it made sense obviously.

I'd break the bank on the interior OL in free agency and give up whatever it takes to get Barkley. He's a generational talent at RB. I like him SIGNIFICANTLY more than Zeke coming out of college.

But that's just me.... The Dolphins will probably patch the OL again and it won't matter who the tailback is.

no freaking way we're drafting a RB in the first round. Amazing how we just created another hole

Ozzy rules!!
We did create another hole but at least we got a draft pick to fill it. Granted it should have been a 3rd but RBs can be had later in the draft. And in all honesty Ajayi wasn't a great fit for Gase's offense. He never displayed the receiving ability to worked so hard on during the offseason. 3rd round seems to be a good round for a RB but there are some later round guys that are good too.

Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara and James Conner all went in the 3rd round in the past draft. Aaron Jones, who's doing extremely well for the Packers, was a 5th round pick. What this team needs is a true 3 down back. A guy that can run, block and catch. Kareem Hunt would have been perfect or even better a Dalvin Cook (who went in the 2nd) so that's what they need to look for. Barkley will be top 10, top 5 maybe...we won't be picking high enough to grab him.

I keep hearing everyone parrot that saquan is better than zeke....on par sure. Better? Idk about that.

Seems to benefit from good to excellent blocking....has good speed and vision but without blocking I don't see him running through tackles at the los or punishing defenders....I wouldn't draft him in the first given the make up of our current team

Was reading an article yesterday and was surprised to see that in all likelihood Pouncy won't be cut after the season and may be part of the Dolphins future plans. Gase is in love with this guy and believes once healthy he can return to pro bowl status. To me, this is crazy talk or thinking.

Was reading an article yesterday and was surprised to see that in all likelihood Pouncy won't be cut after the season and may be part of the Dolphins future plans. Gase is in love with this guy and believes once healthy he can return to pro bowl status. To me, this is crazy talk or thinking.

Confusing post...how is Pouncey related to this thread about must get Barkley? just asking for clarification

Back
Top Bottom