My 2013 Dolphins Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 2013 Dolphins Offseason

da1nonlydre16

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Resign
OL Jake Long 5/60 mill (10-14 per season)
DL Randy Starks 4/28 mill (7 per season)
CB Sean Smith 4/24 mill (6 per season)
WR Brian Hartiline 4/20 mill (5 per season)
RB Reggie Bush 2/9 mill (4.5 per season)
TE Anthony Fasano 3/10 mill (3.3 per season)
FS Chris Clemons 1/3 mill (3 for the season)

takes up 38.8 million in cap space

Let walk
QB Matt Moore
DL Tony Mcdaniel
TE Jeron Mastrud

Cut
OL Richie Incognito -5.5 mill

Sign
WR Greg Jennings 4/42 mill (10-11 per season)
OL depth
DT depth
LB depth

Draft
I expect us to pick no later than 14
1. CB Dee Milliner Bama
2. WR Justin Hunter Tenn(trade our 2nd and 4th and future 5th to the top of the round)
2. DE Brandon Jenkins FSU(Colts pick)
3. OG Hugh Thornton ILLI
3. S Phillip Thomas Fresno State (Bears pick)
5. TE Joseph Fauria UCLA
6. QB Sean Renfree Duke
7. OL
7. DL

With this Offseason we focus on playmakers and feature positions and hope for development by our young players and getting back a healthy Richard Marshall. Could be a solid 2013 team with the addition of Jennings, Hunter, Milliner, Healthy Richard Marshall, extra pass rusher in Jenkins and a more developed Tannehill.

No need to trade up in 2nd. There should be some very good WR still On the board.

Here is my take on this:
Resign
OL Jake Long trade/cut( he is starting to breakdown, nowhere near the level he was initially)
DL Randy Starks 4/28 mill (7 per season)OK with that
CB Sean Smith trade/cut(6mil/year- you have got to be joking. I have never seen a CB less physical than him and I do not think he is that great in coverage.)
WR Brian Hartiline 4/12 mill (3 per season)
RB Reggie Bush 2/9 mill (4.5 per season)entertain trade offers, resign depending on what the salary looks like
TE Anthony Fasano 3/10 mill (3.3 per season)
FS Chris Clemons cut( the guy is a bum)

takes up 17.8 million in cap space

Let walk
TE Jeron Mastrud

Cut
OL Richie Incognito -5.5 mill

Sign
OL depth
DT depth
LB depth

Draft(I will go with yours, it is way too early for a mock draft. But there is no way I am making that trade in the 2nd.)
I expect us to pick no later than 14
1. CB Dee Milliner Bama
2. WR Cordarrelle Patterson Tenn
2. DE Brandon Jenkins FSU(Colts pick)
3. OG Hugh Thornton ILLI
3. S Phillip Thomas Fresno State (Bears pick)
5. TE Joseph Fauria UCLA
6. QB Sean Renfree Duke
7. OL
7. DL

Last edited by a moderator:
If you get Phillip Thomas in the 3rd that would be highway robbery...

It's not going to happen. I've heard scouts say that he's easily the best they've seen at the position since Eric Berry & Earl Thomas. I concur although I rate Elam above him.

It's not going to happen. I've heard scouts say that he's easily the best they've seen at the position since Eric Berry & Earl Thomas. I concur although I rate Elam above him.

I didn't know he was getting rated that high...but I was pretty confident someone would scoop him up in the 1st...early second at the latest. He just isn't getting as much attention around here because of where he plays IMO

I wouldn't even think about giving Jennings that type of money with his injury issues

I'm curious about Phillip Thomas because I went through and tried to watch him in the Oregon and Boise State games. I felt like he wasn't taking particularly good angles to the ball when looking to tackle (but against Oregon, who is taking good angles?), but he was hardly thrown at in either game. Which games made you say wow when checking him out?

Back
Top Bottom