My 2014 mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My 2014 mock

gregorygrant83

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's not very flashy,but I think it's fairly realistic. A few of the picks might seem to be a sight reach, but I would prefer to get the players I want than risk them not being available when Miami drafts.

1. Xavier Su'a Filo, guard, UCLA
2. Jeremy Hill, running back, LSU
3. Billy Turner, tackle, N. Dakota State
4. CJ Feidorowicz, tight end, Iowa
5. James Hurst, tackle, N. Carolina
6. Kevin Norwood, receiver, Alabama or Cody Hoffman, receiver, BYU
7. Spencer Long, guard, Nebraska

Depending on who you listen too I might have to take Turner in the second and might be able to wait to get Hill in the third.

I know my draft is offense heavy, but Miami can sign free agent linebacker depth and focus on the defense in next year's draft and free agency.

A running back corp of Moreno, Hill and Miller should work. If Moreno fails Miami could still focus on TJ Yeldon or Todd Gurley next year.

Filo and Turner should be day one starters. Filo is a beast and Turner should be able to pass protect instantly and should get better as a run blocker.

Long and Hurst are both coming off injuries, but once healthy Long could push Shelley for one guard spot and Hurst would provide depth at tackle and could be groomed to eventually replace Albert in a few years. A young corp of Pouncey, Filo, Turner, Hurst, Long and Dallas Thomas could keep Miami from needing to focus on the line again for a few years.

Feidorowicz, Clay, Sims and Egnew would make a good tight end group, however I would prefer to sign free agent Ed Dickson to replace Egnew. Dickson and Clay as your down the field tight ends would go well with Sims and Feidorowicz' size.

Norwood or Hoffman would make a good number five receiver, however Miami still might need to look at a receiver that can return kicks like Ohio States Corey Brown as an UDFA and use the pick for a fringe linebacker or safety.

Two players not in my draft that I would love to have are Dri Archer and Rajion Neal. Neal would make for a nice fourth running back and Archer would be an upgrade over Thigpin

Last edited by a moderator:
i like it. i think turner is a third rounder but someone may reach

I don't think CJ Feidorowicz drops to the fourth, and we can't completely ignore defense in any draft like that, but I like all the guys you've mocked. I think if Hickey has conviction that Su'a Filo is an elite guard it's fine to take him at 19 though many people think that's too high for a guard. I'm of the opinion that if you have a player you think is elite still on the board that late in the first round you take him even if it's at a position that valued a little lower. I really like the Hurst pick. He was looking like a first or early second day pick until he got hurt. If he does drop that far because of he injury you could be getting a steal in the fifth.

I don't think CJ Feidorowicz drops to the fourth, and we can't completely ignore defense in any draft like that, but I like all the guys you've mocked. I think if Hickey has conviction that Su'a Filo is an elite guard it's fine to take him at 19 though many people think that's too high for a guard. I'm of the opinion that if you have a player you think is elite still on the board that late in the first round you take him even if it's at a position that valued a little lower. I really like the Hurst pick. He was looking like a first or early second day pick until he got hurt. If he does drop that far because of he injury you could be getting a steal in the fifth.

I have the same take. On a positive note, I like how this draft addresses the running game - which, to me, is a big deal moving forward. But this draft is too loaded with defensive talent to draft all offense.

4th round pick is not what we need and Hoffman won't separate in the pros...waste pick

Back
Top Bottom