my afc east ratings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my afc east ratings

Juice_56

Practice Squad
Reaction score
i know alot of people have done this before but i havent:tongue: (my ratings are based mostly on starters)

quarterbacks: the afc east is solid in this position if not spectacular

1. New England- tom brady is one of the most accurate passers in the game and has awesome leadership qualities. he has a quick arm, but doesnt have very good arm strength, although ive seen him throw some bombs.
2. New York- chad pennington puts the whole team together when he is under center, and with his new wr mccareins(spelling) he should be even better. if he had started all of last year he may be #1 on this chart.
3. Buffalo- Drew is really getting up there in years. Each year he becomes more and more of a statue and hes losing arm strength and velocity. he had a bad o-line in front of him last year and he was always under pressure.
4. Miami- Question mark. thats what it is. no one knows if it will be the scrappy fiedler, or the unproven feeley. if its fiedler i know they are last, if its feeley, the phins may jump ahead of buffalo.

runningbacks-the afc east is great at this position, used to be elite, used to..

1.Buffalo- travis henry is powerful and quick and should be their primary back even though they want mcgahee to form with him into a two headed monster. he is consistent.
2. New England- corey dillon still has plenty of gas in the tank, but will begin to slow down. he may not have his head on the field the whole season which may effect his play.
3. New York- curtis martin showed signs of aging last season and this season maybe his last "good" year. expect a little over a thousand yards. its amazing how consistent he has been though over the years.
4. Miami- from 1 to 4, with the loss of ricky the dolphins dont have a back to compete with others in the division, it isnt even known if the dolphins can get a consistent starter out of their rb corps.rob konrad is the only fb worth mentioning i thought, still doesnt improve miami's position.

wide receiver- another position that the east is loaded with talent
1. New England- there are no big names here with the exception of maybe troy brown but this core gets it done. every player on the depth chart can be counted on and i believe thats better than star power.
2.Miami- chris chambers is an inch away from becoming perhaps elite. he has excellent speed and makes catches that rival marvin harrison, if the qb can get him the ball there is unlimited potential. david boston is big,strong,fast and can catch well. he mayber back to his 2001 form but dont expect the numbers with chris on the other side
3. New York- santana moss is now a top receiver, his speed, agility, and hands are near the top. his size maybe a problem, but chrebet can be a possesion receiver. mccareinsis a consistent threat and will both stretch the field and make short rhythm catches.
4. Buffalo- eric moulds is aging but is still one of the best when healthy. his experience and reliability contributes greatly. lee evans is a very fast threat and should give buffalo the stretch the field ability moulds is beginning to lose. this receiving core is not bad at all even though they fall into 4th.

Tight ends- the afc east is rather lackluster at this position but still consistent.

1. Miami- mcmicheal is one of the best pass catching tight ends in the league and has the speed of some wide receivers. he isnt very good at blocking but he has improved. donald lee is also of note. he has a good combination of speed and power.
2.New England- the pats are just loaded in this position. anyone of their tight ends could be a starter on any team. christian fauria is a sure handed pass catcher that blocks well, not very fast though. daniel graham is big and strong and can catch well. ben watson is very fast for a tight end and excells in catching passes.
3. New York- anthony becht is both a good blocker and receiving threat. he is very solid and could become great.
4. Buffalo- campbell gets the job done, thats about it.

Offensive line- this is the offensive and perhaps over all weakness of this division.

1. New England- they work together in a group but none of them stands out. this whole division is almost on par with each other but you have to give the nod to new england being the champs and all.
2. New York- kevin mawea continues to perform at a pro bowl level. only true stand out on this line. steady and solid.
3. Buffalo- the loss of rueben brown will hurt. he was the standout of this group. the adddition of chris villarial is good, but not great. this line seems to run block well but its pass protection is pitiful.
4. Miami-a group that is in shambles. there seems to be only 2 consistents, mckenny and james. even mckenney has question marks. LT belongs to wade smith right now, but training camp and mini camps havent seemed to go well with him. rg and rt are at a competition between john st.clair and vernon carey. i expect the loser to take over guard. mcintosh is out for now.

D-line- one of the strong points in the division and the whole league

1.Miami- timbo and chester clog EVERYTHING and jason tayler and ogunleye provide an unrivaled duel pass rush. taylor and bowens are beginning to age but tim bowens most notably.
2.New England- richard seymour is a dominating lineman and has excellent strength and quickness. keith traylor is a downgrade from ted washingtons departure but should fit the bill. vince wilfork may earn a starting honor but i have doubts since he has little experience.
3. Buffalo- schoebel provides a good pass rush and pat williams and sam adams are one of the best inside lineman in the league. both can pass rush and stuff the run well.
4. Jets- abraham is becoming one of the best DE in football but the rest of the line isnt much to note. abraham is agile and fast and brings some reasonable power to the table.

Linebackers- a solid area for the division.

1. Buffalo- takeo spikes is the stand out of this group and is a tackling machine. london fletcher can do everything you want from your middle linebacker and has plenty of years under his belt.
2. New England- bruschi is excellent at tracking down rb's but is not very fast, roosevelt colvin should blossom into the standout of this group, vrabel and phifer are excellent for depth and are very consistent.
3.Miami- zach thomas is a dominant linebacker, and seau is still one of the better olb's in the league. greenwood is consistent but unspectacular.
4. New York- this whole defense is porous and this area is not much different, look out for vilma in the future he could become a dominant mlb.

Defensive backs- another solid area

1. Miami- pat surtain is a pro bowl level cb, sam madison is still great even though he has lost a step. depth is extrordinary. sam knight is one of the hardest hitting safeties in the league and brings veteran leadership, freeman is very fast and can cover the run, may struggle to keep a starting job though.
2. Buffalo- the two cornerbacks in clements and vincent is what really makes this secondary shine. the safeties get the job done.
3. New England- ty law is awesome, and depth is very good. but besides ty law there are no players that are very good. eugene wilson is a little above average.
4. New York- abraham is the only guy here and hes only average. this area is a liability to the team.

special teams, i dont know what to say with the kickers really so here it goes
1.new england
2.miami
3.ny
4.buffalo

so there it is. this was my first time doing this kind of thing and i would like your comments if i got anything wrong with player names and such.

Sounds fair i would agree with you on the most part. i dont know about new england having the best WRs Miami has prety good duo rite now. But good job

Well written

That was a very well written analysis. I can't wait for football season!!!
Anywyas, one slight critique - I would move the Patriots up a little at defensive back. The veteran prescence of Ty Law, Rodney Harrison, Tyrone Poole, Terrell Buckley, etc. should at least qualify them to be #2, but i'm a bit biased of course. We will see how Eugene Wilson and Asante Samuel look in year two. The Patriots' receivers , IMHO, are underrated. Being able to line up Troy Brown, Deion Branch, David Patten, David Givens, Bethel Johnson, is tough to defend. I would like their chances against most teams DBs and linebackers, with the exception of a team like Miami or the Bills, that have experience and depth at both positions. Our OL will likely be the most functional for the cheapest money possible money, but I don't think it's really the best.

. .

I think u may have underrated the Jets linebacking corps, they did pick up eric barton from the raiders and drafted Vilma, with 2nd round pick from last year Hobson and Cowart in the middle i wouldnt exactly call this lb corps pourous, actually IMO i'd say they were pretty damn solid and set up for the future.

584wbty824h8c9[wdfhpfy88o[^V&GUIFTYI(%&*%())%^&)%&%()BNOf ygusibwtqry8pq0rh6e0r4nycuifprg20569_%%^&*)(*)%*)h%t

Heres my prediction,Dolphins in Toilet Bowl until somebody gets enough Balls to Get Wannstedt the hell outta here,I mean who hired DW?. Jimmy Johnson? The same guy who passed on Randy Moss to take John Avery.LOL come on people we need Huizenga to stop hitting the hash pipe with Pricky and stop escaping from reality,which is this,my Dolphins have never ever looked like this in the 30 years Ive been rooting for them.Curse my parents for buying me a Dolphins uniform in 1974

Lehighphin said:
584wbty824h8c9[wdfhpfy88o[^V&GUIFTYI(%&*%())%^&)%&%()BNOf ygusibwtqry8pq0rh6e0r4nycuifprg20569_%%^&*)(*)%*)h%t
hey i used all the football knowledge i could and ill learn alot more, im only 14 man and some people seem to have thought good about this. ill get better dont you worry. im sorry everyone that i forgot harrison and he therefore switches the bills and pats around. i cant beleive i forgot him:shakeno: hes probably the best player on their defense.

Back
Top Bottom