My FanSpeak Mock Draft - 1/9/17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My FanSpeak Mock Draft - 1/9/17

endorPHINS72

Restore the greatness!
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I would be absolutely thrilled if my draft below would be similar to ours come this April. FanSpeak.com doesn't allow trades, so I went with BPA by position when my pick came up. I'll be shocked if Foster is there when we pick, but would love it. He's the physical presence we need. I would have loved to add another linebacker and some OL, but I didn't like the ones available when my pick was up.

23: R1P23​
LB REUBEN FOSTER
ALABAMA

56: R2P24​
EDGE HAASON REDDICK
TEMPLE

98: R3P34​
TE JORDAN LEGGETT
CLEMSON

168: R5P23​
CB CORN ELDER
MIAMI (FLA.)

177: R5P32​
S XAVIER WOODS
LOUISIANA TECH

185: R5P40​
DL TANOH KPASAGNON
VILLANOVA

209: R6P24​
DL ISAAC RCHELL
NOTRE DAME

244: R7P23​
S TONY CONNER
OLE MISS

Like the first 4 rounds but think we really need to prioritize a G in the top 4 rounds. Sign one through FA and draft one as well.

What position are you drafting Haason Reddick for? Not sure he's going to have much success as a DE at 6'1" 230 lbs. If he's a SOLB that's fine but we still needed to draft a DE.

Foster at 22? Not going to happen but if it did, wow would I be excited. Him in the middle and Kiko at Weak. Instantly our defense goes up 10 spots.

I think that there needs to be some focus on the OL as well. LB were OL are the teams achilles heel.

That said, I am bullish on Corn Elder (not even a Canes fan, either), and would be happy if he were there at 168. That would be a steal.

I think that there needs to be some focus on the OL as well. LB were OL are the teams achilles heel.

That said, I am bullish on Corn Elder (not even a Canes fan, either), and would be happy if he were there at 168. That would be a steal.

Love Corn Elder. If he's there at end of round 4, you run to the podium. He's going to be a great slot guy. Next Captain Munnerlyn imo. Has the name too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is mine:

22: R1P22
TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA
54: R2P22
LB JARRAD DAVIS
FLORIDA
98: R3P34
G ZACH BANNER
USC
167: R5P22
LB MATT MILANO
BOSTON COLLEGE
177: R5P32
G DANNY ISIDORA
MIAMI (FL)
185: R5P40
QB JOSHUA DOBBS
TENNESSEE
207: R6P22
G ISAAC ASIATA
UTAH
243: R7P22
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

Unfortunately the FanSpeak drafts are really unrealistic. Only worth doing like a week before the draft.

This is mine:

22: R1P22
TE O.J. HOWARD
ALABAMA
54: R2P22
LB JARRAD DAVIS
FLORIDA
98: R3P34
G ZACH BANNER
USC
167: R5P22
LB MATT MILANO
BOSTON COLLEGE
177: R5P32
G DANNY ISIDORA
MIAMI (FL)

185: R5P40
QB JOSHUA DOBBS
TENNESSEE
207: R6P22
G ISAAC ASIATA
UTAH
243: R7P22
LB RASHAAN EVANS
ALABAMA

Unfortunately the FanSpeak drafts are really unrealistic. Only worth doing like a week before the draft.

Not gonna lie. I was pretty disappointed in Isidora this year. I was expecting him to play better given he's been the starter at RG since his sophomore year. Of course he was blocking for a statue in Brad Kaaya but the run lanes didn't open up much either.

These things are fun but really they just let you evaluate how good or stupid someone's rankings are. When I use a set of rankings and I find it difficult to make decisions or get good values, then I know the rankings are genuinely good (e.g. CBS).

When I use someone's rankings and I get the following:

R1: LB Reuben Foster, Alabama
R2: QB Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
R3: TE David Njoku, Miami
R5: OG Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
R5: DE Jordan Willis, Kansas State
R5: CB Corn Elder, Miami
R6: LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
R7: WR Amba Etta-Tawo, Syracuse

...at that point, I know that the rankings I used (Draftek) are total trash.

Love the Corn Elder pick, Jarvis wouldn't have to return punts because of fumblitis

Maybe I'm going to be proven wrong but I don't think Elder will get out of the second round. He's a future star in the NFL and people know it.

Back
Top Bottom