My favorite football player of all time | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My favorite football player of all time

Tony Nathan is my favorite Dolphin player

I got partnered with him in a charity golf tournament in the late 90's and had a blast

Great guy and very good player

View attachment 161678
He could do it all. Run, catch, pass block. One of the best all around RBs in team history. He was good for 4-5 yards per carry most of his career. Great cut back on those toss/sweeps. Arm would go up and “swim” as he cut it back inside. Some of the softest hands you’ll ever see on a RB.

I was a young Phins fan before Dan joined Miami. I recall the Bills beating Miami at the Orange Bowl in 1983. I had no idea about the draft back then but I was angry that Woodley wasn't playing considering that he was the starter in the previous SB. '84 changed all that

Like others have said Dan is my favourite Dolphin but also my favourite athlete as well. I don't have a 2nd favourite athlete tbh

It was Griese and Csonka that first grabbed my attention as a young Dolphins fan.

Loved watching Csonka run people over, the here we come stop it, physical mentality of that team.
He personified what the team was in terms of toughness and attitude. I don’t think the team has ever been as hard nosed since.

I was a young Phins fan before Dan joined Miami. I recall the Bills beating Miami at the Orange Bowl in 1983. I had no idea about the draft back then but I was angry that Woodley wasn't playing considering that he was the starter in the previous SB. '84 changed all that

Like others have said Dan is my favourite Dolphin but also my favourite athlete as well. I don't have a 2nd favourite athlete tbh
I was mad too! “Who does this no 13 think he is??” Whoops.

He personified what the team was in terms of toughness and attitude. I don’t think the team has ever been as hard nosed since.
Unfortunately, I agree. That was Miami football, physical on both sides of the ball.

Pittsburgh has pretty much stayed with that blueprint from the 70's, but the Dolphins haven't. I realize the game has changed, and KC wasn't considered the "most physical" team and they won a super bowl. But, I do think it's still important.

Woodley did what he could do and he did win games

Unfortunately, I agree. That was Miami football, physical on both sides of the ball.

Pittsburgh has pretty much stayed with that blueprint from the 70's, but the Dolphins haven't. I realize the game has changed, and KC wasn't considered the "most physical" team and they won a super bowl. But, I do think it's still important.
It is and we wasnt

Nobody for Jay Fielder 😂

Offense - Ricky Williams (obviously love Marino but he took the fins to the Superbowl the year I was born)

Defense - Zach & Jason are easy choices (JTs 06' season was a thing of beauty) underrated guys - 7 toes TimBo and Trace Armstrong...almost forgot Bryan Cox. Anyone that's gives the Jets fans the finger is a hero in my book

Back
Top Bottom