my findings on our secondary | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

my findings on our secondary

oxman85

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The bottom line is that we came out flat against Buffalo and that game was lost in the first quarter. The defense came out jumpy and unsettled toward the end of the second quarter and throughout the rest of the game our blitz packages were awesome. Jason Taylor was the player of the game hands down on the defensive side and is well on his way to another pro bowl. Here's what I think must happen to our secondary.

- We are better with Travis Daniels playing in the slot, if you noticed how much we were getting beat by slot recievers, when Daniels was playing the slot guy Buffalo was much less effective.

- Since it seems that Tebucky will be either blitzing or playing coverage and Schulters is stricty in coverage I think that we have a very good situation at the safety position with both guys being effective.

- Keep Madison out of the slot, that is where he is constantly getting beat, I never see a deep sideline pass beating him, so I think Madison should play the wide reciever who is playing along the sideline as if the route moves him closer to the center of the field one of the safeties will be there to back him up.

- In nickel or dime back situations we need to keep those other corners out of the slot. Again I think that is really the only place our secondary is getting beat. Our others corners are simply not that good and we neeed to put them in situations where they wont be one on one the whole game.

- Donnie Spragen cannot cover anyone (just a side note). I noticed he was getting beat when he was in and he did have a holding call to speak of as well.

-OX

Yep, Spragan will go down in history as drawing the pass interference call on the heaviest receiver of all time (Sam Adams).

I wish Saban would look into getting T. Buckley out of retirement. I think he could help us this year, till we can sure things up next year.

I had hoped Ty Law would be signed early in the offseason and dump Howard because we sorely need a good experienced 2nd CB. But with the limited options now, I guess signing someone like T-Buck and seeing if he can also play safety to help out Schulters in coverage like some old CB's have been converted to.

Back
Top Bottom