My fins 4 round Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My fins 4 round Mock

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Round 1: Jay Cutler QB, Vanderbilt- I didn't think he was a first round pick, but he's starting to grow on me. We've needed a franchise QB since Danny left, and I think Culter is that guy.

Round 2: Bobby Carpenter OLB/DE, Ohio State- In the 2nd I think we go after either Manny Lawson or Carpenter to be our pass rushing OLB. The reason I put Carpenter over Lawson is the fact that Carpenter has played his entire career as a linebacker while Lawson has been a DE at NC State.

Round 3: Mark Setterstrom OG, Minnesota-He's not a big bruising lineman like what we've had, but he's one of the main reasons why the Gophers have had 3 straight years of 2 1,000 yard rushers. He's got great technique and would definatly help out our running game.

Round 4: Cedric Griffin CB/S, Texas- The last two years we've had good luck with 4 round corners (Poole, Daniels). Griffin is a very physical corner just like his teammate Mike Huff. Also like Huff, he can play both CB and S. Combine him with Poole and Daniels and you've got a good young nucleaus for the secondary

hmm second one out here well done too heres mine since everybodys giving it a go

1. Chad Greenway LB Iowa - #2 lb in this draft barely behind aj hawk...could go top 10 but if he falls saban will grab him in a second having matt roth and him on the field at the same time is gonna be bad for opposing teams.

2. Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College - 6''9 330 lb. prospect the guys a monster and could fill both LT and RT...and also has the ability to play every position on the line but center...would be a great pickup at this point but i also wouldnt rule out a qb here like Darrel Hackney, i just feel our qb will come through free agency.

3. Kyle Williams DT LSU - Overshadowed in college by Marcus Spears and Claude Wroten...hes not quite as good as a prospect but this guys an animal on the field and would be a starter at the DT spot for years to come.

4. Will Blackmon CB Boston College - One of the guys I feel whos stock will rise alot during the combine...The guys a warrior on the field and not sure what his combine will be but i'm guessing it'll be around a 4.35 maybe. If he falls this far its a must pick...could go as high as the 2nd round though.

I like both mock drafts above. It really all depends in what we get in free agency.

Definitely rather have the first one. We need a young QB, period. And Carpenter would be a great addition as well.

SpeedRush99 said:
Definitely rather have the first one. We need a young QB, period. And Carpenter would be a great addition as well.

i'd love to add cutler but i dont really think were gonna draft a qb...i think our qb will come through free agency or we'll trade for one ;)

Buddwalk said:
i'd love to add cutler but i dont really think were gonna draft a qb...i think our qb will come through free agency or we'll trade for one ;)

Very possible but not my preference. I'd rather bring our own up, plus none of the available FA QB's or even trade-able QBs interest me.

SpeedRush99 said:
Very possible but not my preference. I'd rather bring our own up, plus none of the available FA QB's or even trade-able QBs interest me.

David Carr?
Philip Rivers?
Drew Brees? [Doubt it]
Jon Kitna?
Steve McNair?

Theres some pretty good names on that list and im sure im leaving somebody out

Buddwalk said:
David Carr?
Philip Rivers?
Drew Brees? [Doubt it]
Jon Kitna?
Steve McNair?

Theres some pretty good names on that list and im sure im leaving somebody out

Like I said none of the FA or realisitic trade-able QBs interest me. The Bolts will lock up Brees longterm. Kitna and McNair are WAY past their prime, Kitna wasn't a franchise QB to begin with. And Rivers would cost us more than taking a Qb in the 1st round this year at our position and doesn't measure up to Cutler to begin with IMO. Its time to think longterm, no more quick fixes at that position we need a young Qb to groom and takeover for the next 5+ years. Yes, I realize we'll probably need a "caretaker" QB again next year while a rookie learns the system.

SpeedRush99 said:
Like I said none of the FA or realisitic trade-able QBs interest me. The Bolts will lock up Brees longterm. Kitna and McNair are WAY past their prime, Kitna wasn't a franchise QB to begin with. And Rivers would cost us more than taking a Qb in the 1st round this year at our position and doesn't measure up to Cutler to begin with IMO. Its time to think longterm, no more quick fixes at that position we need a young Qb to groom and takeover for the next 5+ years. Yes, I realize we'll probably need a "caretaker" QB again next year while a rookie learns the system.

Your too hung up on cutler...i think hes gonna be good but not amazing like you think

Rivers has already seen the speed of the nfl and heres the difference between the 2 before the senior bowl and combine rivers was talked about being a top 20 pick...then he blew up at the senior bowl and combine and then he moved to #3 overall. Cutler is still a 2nd round pick until he proves differently ;)

Buddwalk said:
Your too hung up on cutler...i think hes gonna be good but not amazing like you think

Rivers has already seen the speed of the nfl and heres the difference between the 2 before the senior bowl and combine rivers was talked about being a top 20 pick...then he blew up at the senior bowl and combine and then he moved to #3 overall. Cutler is still a 2nd round pick until he proves differently ;)

You really need to catch up with your facts junior. Seen the speed of the NFL? Is that the best you got? Come on now, Cutler's arm is just as strong if not stronger than Rivers, he's more mobile, has much better mechanics, younger, and would cost less. They even mentioned Cutler as the Titans possible 1st round pick during the game sunday. But if you wanna keep thinking he's a 2nd rounder, go for it. And I'm sure you won't be back around to eat your crow like you were when you were wrong about Georgia/Florida.

Its not that I'm hung up on him, its that you don't know enough about him.

SpeedRush99 said:
You really need to catch up with your facts junior. Seen the speed of the NFL? Is that the best you got? Come on now, Cutler's arm is just as strong if not stronger than Rivers, he's more mobile, has much better mechanics, younger, and would cost less. They even mentioned Cutler as the Titans possible 1st round pick during the game sunday. But if you wanna keep thinking he's a 2nd rounder, go for it. And I'm sure you won't be back around to eat your crow like you were when you were wrong about Georgia/Florida.

Its not that I'm hung up on him, its that you don't know enough about him.

im not gonna eat crow...for anything cutler will not be a top 5 pick i'll guarentee it now ;)

Buddwalk said:
im not gonna eat crow...for anything cutler will not be a top 5 pick i'll guarentee it now ;)

Oh now its top 5? Didn't you just say he's not even a first rounder?

SpeedRush99 said:
Oh now its top 5? Didn't you just say he's not even a first rounder?

no for right now hes a 2nd round pick...combine and senior bowl change alot of things ;)

Buddwalk said:
no for right now hes a 2nd round pick...combine and senior bowl change alot of things ;)

Oh ok, keep that door open.

Back
Top Bottom