My First Ever Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My First Ever Mock Draft

SouthPaul

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I've read hundreds of mocks over the years but never tried to do one of my own....until now. I figure what the heck, I'll give it a go.

Now, I only did the first four rounds and I didn't do any elaborate write ups about each individual player or why we would want them. I'm just going by the criteria of what we need, who we've shown the most interest in, rumors, and other peoples thoughts and ideas.

1 Hakim Nicks, WR North Carolina
2a Ron Brace, DT Boston College
2b Clint Sintim, LB Virginia
3 Herman Johnson, OG LSU
4 Don Carey, CB Norfolk State

Thoughts? Flames? Both? :thanks:

You did a nice job Rookie!!! Hakeem Nicks would be a nice pickup at 25 or Kenny Britt from Rutgers.....I don't know much about Don Carey, CB, Norfolk State, but there are a lot of sleepers from these small schools.

i have to say that i am not a real big fan of RON BRACE
at all and i wouldnt want him within the first 3 rounds
no matter what!!

he just isnt beast enough to play the nose, and that is all we would
be interested in him for.

but hey! if thats the way YOUR mock happend in the real draft, not
bad at all!! HAKEEM NICKS is my "hope to god" pick this year. i
want that guy bad and i think he is going to be a perenial pro bowl
wr, but, he is in NO WAY, NO HOW going to last till #25.

HERMAN JOHNSON is one of my favorite guards in tha draft. i just dont
think the trifecta is going to be drafting any guards early. we have two
real good ones coming back and we brought in a couple this f/a.

the BIG problem i see with your mock is the lack of DB pics, which may
be the bigger need than wr right now.

but good choices! there are a whole lot of worse mocks around than yours
for sure!!! good job.

Thanks! I gave it my best shot.

I'm a WVU fan. Watching Nicks play against our Defense in the Carquest Bowl game was like watching the Dream Team against Angola. It was ridiculous how good he was and how he thoroughly owned our DB's. He was a consistent playmaker for UNC and that is what we desperately need. Now does his game automatically translate to the Pros? Not at all but it doesn't diminish the argument that he may very well be, and in my opinion, the second best receiver in this draft.

Don Carey is a guy that we've shown a lot of interest in and he is slowly climbing up the ranks. I think at that point in the draft. if we hadn't already, need to grab a DB and he seems to fit the bill in what they are looking for and who they have been looking at. It may be a little early for where he is projected to go but I think they may jump on him there if they feel like there isn't another equitable option within the next round or two.

Thanks NRA.

As far as Brace goes. I don't know a lot about him as B.J. Raji is the one getting all of the accolades and attention. Now I know Brace was pretty good at BC but was that BECAUSE of Raji or did he possibly make Raji better. Don't get me wrong, I would love to have Raji slip to us because I think that is the bigger need but it does appear we are showing increasing interest in Brace. After him I don't really know of any other standout DT's that could come in and make an impact. Would his game translate to the Nose of a 3-4? Don't know.

If we didn't take him I wouldn't be hurt but if we did I would be cool with that too. NT is a definite need and he would/could fill that void.

Back
Top Bottom