My game by game score prediction: Warning it's realistic | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My game by game score prediction: Warning it's realistic

LacesOutTanne34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Week 1 @Cleveland: Miami 27 Browns: 17 (1-0).....17-10 Miami at half, they are up 20-10 after the 3rd quarter, and teams trade Tds in the 4th.
Week 2 @Indianapolis: Miami 31 Indy 28 (2-0).....Andrew Luck drives down field on last possession, they elect to play it safe with the Fg...Kicker Misses.
Week 3 vs Falcons: Falcons: 31 Miami 16 (2-1).....We keep it close 24-16 going into the 4th, but a late TD spoils any chances
Week 4 @ New Orleans: Miami 21 Saints 42 (2-2)....simply too much firepower in a deafening stadium
Week 5 Vs Ravens: Baltimore 20 Miami 23 (3-2) ......Defenses play tough, teams trade FG's throughout the 2nd half
Bye
Week 7 Vs Bills: Buffalo 24 Miami 27 (4-2) ...... Game closer than believed, Buffaloe leading 24-20 until Tannehill leads Miami in 2 minute drill to win late.
Week 8 @ New England: Miami 38 Pats 24 (5-2).....Miami stuns NE and gets media talking as Mia ties NE for division lead.
Week 9 Vs Bengals: Cinci 27 Miami 17 (5-3) .....Hard fought game, Sturgis 2 missed fgs, and a crucial fumble for Mia in the redzone.
Week 10 @ Tampa: Miami 20 Bucs 13 (6-3) .....Both offenses don't look good, but Miami escapes.
Week 11 Vs Chargers: Miami 23 SD: 13 (7-3)......Miami again ties for division lead after Rivers throws 2 crucial Ints in Miami territory
Week 12 vs Panthers: Carolina 31 Miami 13 (7-4)......Carolina sprints out of gate and fins never recover..
Week 13 @ Jets: Miami 34 Jets 20 (8-4).....Miami dominates entire game
Week 14 @ Pittsburgh: Miami 13 Steelers 24 (8-5).....17-13 until midway through 4th, when Tanne throws an int returned for td, clinching game.
Week 15 Vs Pats: Pats 42 Miami 24 (8-6) .....they return the favor from earlier in season. A win or fins loss from clinching division.
Week 16 @ Buffalo: Miami 20 Bills 24 (8-7) .....Hard fought again, Bills sneak out with victory. Miami needs a win and Pittsburgh loss for playoffs.
Week 17 vs Jets: Miami 23 Jets 14 (9-7) ..... Close game, Miami up 20-14 until Sturgis boots a 45 yarder to seal it.

Miami 9-7...not going to say if we make or miss playoffs. Could also have players step up and go 10-6 (praying)

Stats
Tannehill: 24 tds 15ints 4100 yards
Miller: 245 car 1065 yards
Wallace: 63 rec 1018 yards 9 tds

What ya think? I mean its all speculation anyway.

wouldn't mind this at all but I still think the patriots games will be A LOT closer for both games. It will be a fight.

Interesting, balanced analysis.

Michael

Hogwash. The defense is much better than your indications, esp early in season and esp against Pitt and Carolina. So Tannehill throws 24 TD's, who gets the other amount after Wallace?

I honestly don't have any idea or feeling for this team. They could be real good, they could be very pedestrian. There are so many questions to be answered and they'll get tested early.

Week 1 @Cleveland: Miami 27 Browns: 17 (1-0).....17-10 Miami at half, they are up 20-10 after the 3rd quarter, and teams trade Tds in the 4th.
Week 2 @Indianapolis: Miami 31 Indy 28 (2-0).....Andrew Luck drives down field on last possession, they elect to play it safe with the Fg...Kicker Misses.
Week 3 vs Falcons: Falcons: 31 Miami 16 (2-1).....We keep it close 24-16 going into the 4th, but a late TD spoils any chances
Week 4 @ New Orleans: Miami 21 Saints 42 (2-2)....simply too much firepower in a deafening stadium
Week 5 Vs Ravens: Baltimore 20 Miami 23 (3-2) ......Defenses play tough, teams trade FG's throughout the 2nd half
Bye
Week 7 Vs Bills: Buffalo 24 Miami 27 (4-2) ...... Game closer than believed, Buffaloe leading 24-20 until Tannehill leads Miami in 2 minute drill to win late.
Week 8 @ New England: Miami 38 Pats 24 (5-2).....Miami stuns NE and gets media talking as Mia ties NE for division lead.
Week 9 Vs Bengals: Cinci 27 Miami 17 (5-3) .....Hard fought game, Sturgis 2 missed fgs, and a crucial fumble for Mia in the redzone.
Week 10 @ Tampa: Miami 20 Bucs 13 (6-3) .....Both offenses don't look good, but Miami escapes.
Week 11 Vs Chargers: Miami 23 SD: 13 (7-3)......Miami again ties for division lead after Rivers throws 2 crucial Ints in Miami territory
Week 12 vs Panthers: Carolina 31 Miami 13 (7-4)......Carolina sprints out of gate and fins never recover..
Week 14 @ Pittsburgh: Miami 13 Steelers 24 (8-5).....17-13 until midway through 4th, when Tanne throws an int returned for td, clinching game.
Week 15 Vs Pats: Pats 42 Miami 24 (8-6) .....they return the favor from earlier in season. A win or fins loss from clinching division.
Week 16 @ Buffalo: Miami 20 Bills 24 (8-7) .....Hard fought again, Bills sneak out with victory. Miami needs a win and Pittsburgh loss for playoffs.
Week 17 vs Jets: Miami 23 Jets 14 (9-7) ..... Close game, Miami up 20-14 until Sturgis boots a 45 yarder to seal it.

Miami 9-7...not going to say if we make or miss playoffs. Could also have players step up and go 10-6 (praying)

Stats

iI don't believe we will lose to the Saints, nor do I believe we will beat the Pats the first time, but we will the second time.

I don't see a win in Cinncinati but I also don't see losing to Pittsburgh.

I think we will probably drop the Indy game in a close one, but I see us beating Carolina.

So I predict 11-5

LOT34:

border line REALISTIC, some wishful thinking here and there, but, your still welcome into the FINHEAVEN REALISTS MALITIA, myself being the defacto president.

MY DIFFERENCES: i think the pats will win the division going away. brady appears to be on a mission and that team has shown when you think they have a fork in them, they come back better than ever!! they win both games.

the BILLS scare me. yeah, its pre season and teams that look good sometimes are flop in the real games, but on the other side, some bad looking pre season teams make the playoffs. all we can do is judge by what we see NOW. and the bills DO look improved. they look hungry, fast and on a mission. their scoring lots of points.

THE JETS. they always scare me because they ALWAYS play us hard and even in their worse times they have beat on us. i dont think the jets will be quite as pukey as most think, but their going no where near the playoffs. it wont suprise me if we sweep them, it wont suprise me if they sweep us. i say we split with them. nothing is off the table on jet day.

THE BROWNS: they have the defense to stop us. they have the ability to score more points than us with the defense keeping us in check. 17 points should win that game and i think the BROWNS will score just that. Browns 20, Fins 10.

RAVENS: as of now, they look very strong, like they havnt lost a step. offense is clicking. if i was going to have to bet the family's household money, i would bet RAVENS. as of now, i think their defense can stop our offense just enough to win the game. either way this one could go. being a REALIST, i would be grinding my teeth and wincing picking a miami win, no matter how bad i want to beat that team. glad RIPPER RAY is gone.

INDY: as of now, their offense has the ability to score the points they need for a win. i see an IMPROVED andrew luck and he was pretty good last year and beat us. i think our defense is improved in places and will be pretty good, our starting front line is stout and i like the rotation players. a FORCE. lb's? i like the starters. no depth though. and i am NOT sold on this secondary at all. even if grimes injuries dont re appear, you cant win with one good corner. reshad jones is a good player and i see pro bowls in his near future. NOT an ed reed though and you cant win with one good cb and one good safety. i REALLY like #29. the kid has shown to be a TRUE ball hawk in camp and in all but one pre game. but, we all know he is not the starter on either side. he has some liabilities right now and was a bit exposed by the texans. he will get a few pics, but, he has a lot to learn in nfl coverage. reminds me a bit of sam maddison in his first camp. havnt seen enough taylor. the rest? yuk!! although patterson is a dark horse and IS better than the now long gong richard marshall.

I HAVE SAID THIS WHOLE OFF SEASON that this years team would go as far as tanny and the secondary go. what i didnt expect was the ugly, down right scary play of the o-line. its bad enough that even if tanny shows some improvement and the secondary is at least respectable, they could kill the whole thing. ireland better find some people and FAST!!

ANYTHING can happen in the regular season. this is true. but all we can go on is what we see NOW, and in the spirit of TRUE realism, we have some problems. enough that 9-7 could be BIG TIME wishful thinking.

good post though. no blindness detected or pie in the sky. the things you said all could happen. no blind homerish "were going to the bowl, undefeated" thought process. handled with care as a realist should.

===============================================

JOIN ME!!!! :enforcer:

BECOME A LIFE MEMBER OF THE KENTUCKY HEAD HUNTERS FAN CLUB.

[THE FINEST ROOTS ROCK BAND IN AMERICA]

KH01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hogwash. The defense is much better than your indications, esp early in season and esp against Pitt and Carolina. So Tannehill throws 24 TD's, who gets the other amount after Wallace?

Hartlines due to put up some td numbers with 2 in the last 42 games

Tanny threw 13 tds last season and lost Bush 2tds,Moore 1 td,Fasano 5 tds,Bess 1 td
that worries me who will step up and is 24 tds very realistic?

FINHEAVEN REALISTS MALITIA, myself being the defacto president.
they have the ability to score more points than us

:lol:

Their only single player who has the ability to stretch the field in any way whatsoever is suspended for the first two games. Saying the Browns unequivocally have the ability to score more points is not only unrealistic, Mr. Reality, but absurd.

I don't think you're so much of a realist, but a "look at me!! I'm a contrarian! Give me attention!" type of poster.

9-7 could be BIG TIME wishful thinking.

Right. Very close to that record last year, and now we have a way better roster. Wishful thinking.

I think you need to step away from the computer and go yell at the neighborhood kids to get off your lawn.

I look at the schedule and think that Miami had a chance in every one of those games. There's not one opponent we have where I think we will get crushed and have no chance. We were competitive last year, and I think we'll be more competitive this year. This team could surprise some people.

Bye

Stats

Whata crock. Pure drivel. Just the prsent "conventional wisd.om", rehashed and hot-plated.

I'm thinking either 8-8 or 9-7. If I had to predict right now, I'd say wins over Cleveland, Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, San Diego, Carolina, and the Jets. They'll sweep either the Bills or the Jets (8 wins), or if both, then 9 wins.

9-7 is where I also see them. A 2 game improvement from last year, with a chance to improve another 2 games next year if things play out as I hope they would.

very specific numbers, did you simulate this in madden? Pretty the projected stats for Miller/Wallace/Tannehill are pretty realistic I think and pretty much what Im predicting too. I also think we go 9-7 and if we cant beat Cincy or Carolina then we don't belong in the playoffs (we beat Cincy last year)

Back
Top Bottom