My goodness Te'o

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by The Tannehills Have Eyes, Jan 7, 2013.

1. The Tannehills Have Eyes

The Tannehills Have Eyes A True Fan

Te'o isn't in same Galaxy the prospect Luke Kuechly was. It's incredible how overrated this guy gets from ESPN along with ND. His tackling isn't even close to Luke's How many tackles has this guy missed like 5? He should only go in the 20's for those picks and leadership ability but him being in the same sentence as Luke Kuechly or a Top 5 pick is a joke.

2. Phinatic8u

Phinatic8u Adam ****ing Gase

Luke Kuechley never played a team like Bama.

Hell Luke would've gotten beasted in by B. Jones too.

3. -=DolfanDave=-

-=DolfanDave=- A True Fan

A 1 game sample size should not make or break a player. Perhaps he had a bad game.

that being said, I do think his draft stock took a hit tonight; probably dropping him several spots.

4. The Tannehills Have Eyes

nor did luke play in a team stacked in defense like Te'o. Te'o still can't shed a block to save his like and I'm not talking about this year. You have to be drugged or blind to believe Te'o comes close to Luke in tackling and form. I also doubt Luke would of choked like he did today have you seen what he's done this year in the NFL?

5. Phinatic8u

He made alot of tackles on a bad team? Hardly impressive.

6. uk_dolfan

uk_dolfan Founder of the FH Adam Gase fan club Moderator Finheaven VIP

Im no expert on the guy but my 2p in the draft area, great prospect who will be a good NFL linebacker but he has been over hyped partly due to his leadership qualities. Looking at our roster and who will be available at 12 I wouldn't take him with our pick, seems too high. He isnt Ray Lewis... despite what some would have you believe.

7. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Who said I'm just talking about this game lol, Luke has always been a better Linebacker than Te'o, I mean seriously Te'o isn't 1/4 the tackler Luke was in his last season in college or even worth debating this year in the NFL.

8. PJack

PJack A True Fan

Bama is an awesome college team, but they are not the NFL. Kuechley led the NFL in tackles so pretty sure he'd hold his own. Not defending Te'o as he had a poor game, but that Bama line was killing the ND front 4 so Te'o wasn't getting any protection to make plays. They were totally dominated.

9. Phinatic8u

Leading the NFL in tackles isn't impressive. Especially when most of the year they were getting blown out and teams kept running.

Not hating on Luke at all, wanted him at 8 but he would've struggled just like Te'o did.

10. -=DolfanDave=-

you were talking about all his missed tackles in this game against Bama.

did Luke have 7 interceptions this year? Edit: sorry he only had one interception his entire college career against inferior competition.

was he in the running for the heisman? You must be the only person that doesnt see what skill Manti has.

11. Phinatic8u

Every weekend actually. Beason when healthy is a better LB than Keuchley. Getting alot of tackles is not immpressive, he made few game changing plays.

12. -=DolfanDave=-

yay, counterfactual arguments are fun. I can pretend to know what would have happened too.

13. The Tannehills Have Eyes

What the hell does running for heisman even mean I said he should go in the 20's in the first round but do you actually think that running for hiesman makes him a better prospect? Where does running for heisman debate anything I said in your quote? Where did I see Te'o doesn't have skill ? Guess we should be reggie AP money for being the original heisman owner, and trade Tannehill for tebow or draft johnny football in the following years too because of them heisman trophies

14. MRojas4

MRojas4 The Cheese Connoisseur Finheaven VIP

While I do think Teo draft stock will take a hit and probably drop him from top 10 pick to top 15 you don't judge a player off one game especially against a team like Bama. Bama O line was dominating the entire game opening up holes the size of highways. Teo basically had to crash the line every snap to compensate for the D line getting smashed.

15. Phinatic8u

Ive actually seen Luke whiff on tackles too. In college and in the pros. Know why? He's not perfect. Every player has a bad game.

16. -=DolfanDave=-

No, I don't think running for the hiesman makes him a better prospect. I thought i'd match your baseless arguments with one of my own.

Compare stats, or whatever else you want, and Te'o is just better. But I suppose your "eye test" is the only thing that matters.

17. The Tannehills Have Eyes

I explained why maybe you should debate that and tell that to the same person I quoted pretending to know what would have happen to luke in this game.

18. PSU Cane

PSU Cane Starter

Kuchely > Te'o. If Kuechly would have played for ND this year, he would have beasted too behind that Dline. Instead though, he played for a garbage BC team and still dominated at times. The guy had 191 tackles and 12 TFL his final year at BC. He's a tackling machine and great in zone coverage.

Te'o is not a bad player. I just think Kuechly is better. Te'o has had the luxury of being hyped up by the Notre Dame media bus.

19. -=DolfanDave=-

fair enough.

/shrinks away

20. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Well thank you for letting me know you didn't watch their tape, but that stat argument is hilarious I can plug so many holes in it it's not even worth it.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

I'm sure Luke hasn't struggled to shred blocks all season in the NFL or College if you seen them both play then you'd agree.

21. -=DolfanDave=-

Tape? who watches tape anymore? is this 1993?

I've seen both play and I think you're, at the very least, splitting hairs. And, yes, stats matter. While they're not everything, they matter. Numbers can lie, but in this case, the numbers don't even compare which could be why you're not too fond of them.

22. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Unbelievable so you're saying screw tape, GMs draft based on stats ? Oh my lord stop embarrassing yourself. How drop the numbers not compare? Te'o only has 4 more interceptions while last season Te'o had 90 more tackles and a TD? IS THAT U IRELAND?

23. -=DolfanDave=-

lol, no.... i'm saying, who calls it tape anymore? its video, if anything. Calling it tape makes me think of VHS.

oh god... what have i done :(

24. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Way to ignore my argument on that retarded logic of yours that post was hilarious and no one watches tape it's saying for video like you said, I have NFL rewind. But to continue exposing that hilarious argument of "stats" which was wrong to begin with saying Te'o is on another level than Luke (LOL seriously were you drunk?) should we draft stedman baily over keenan allen because the stats aren't close :lol2:. Seriously that post was comical

25. -=DolfanDave=-

How am I ignoring your argument? I responded to your post stating that I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage, which i never once said.

But, go ahead. Call my logic retarded, if that makes you feel better. Have fun arguing with yourself.

Lets start over. Hi, my name is Dave.

26. The Tannehills Have Eyes

First you said Te'o had a better season stats wise and it wasn't close and that was completely false, then based on your "stats" logic GM should draft on who has the better stats and if their not close like Stedman Baily over Keenan Allen in that stat department we should basically without thought draft stedman baily because of stats. What do you mean GMs shouldn't evaluate a player on footage, they all do it and everyone prepares for other teams by looking at their footage. How should we evaluate players then? What do you think those mock drafts you see on the internet are based on? Do you know how coaches grade performances of players after a game? they don't look at the stats they see what they did on film to correct mistakes or give props. GM use film/footage/tape w/e you want to call it to evaluate players all the time.

27. -=DolfanDave=-

1) reread my posts. I said stats aren't everything.

2) I never said researching a player using game footage was a bad thing or that gms dont do that.

You really are arguing with yourself. Have fun with that.

28. The Tannehills Have Eyes

you said "I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage"How are you not saying it's a bad way of evaluating players? And you did in fact say when stats don't even compare or in other words have much superior stats that they pretty much determine who's better although you used that with Te'o and Luke when in fact it wasn't true because you never looked into it when you made that dumbass statement but let's act like you didn't because that was embarrassing.

So let's bring up all your gems you posted in this thread:

"Compare stats, or whatever else you want, and Te'o is just better. "

"I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage"

"Te'o Heisman candidate"
    (as if it means anything now a days and worth using in an argument against Luke vs Te'o)

was he in the running for the heisman? (Refering to luke as if it was a knock on him)

29. DudeleBroski

DudeleBroski Well-Known Member

How drunk are you guys?

30. ROADRUNNER

ROADRUNNER FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

All i can say is.......Te'o i hope it was just a one off, man you were bad last night.

31. Buff

Buff From a galaxy far far away.... Finheaven VIP Donator

If Teo is available at 12, he has to be strongly considered. One bad game, when the whole defensive side of the ND team were smashed, should not detirmine wether or not Teo is better than Luke k or not. He has been the best LB in college all year, and will be the 1st lb picked in this years draft. I think he will be top 10, and the Jets the most likely IMO.

32. MP-Omnis

MP-Omnis Larry King, Antique Bandwagon

Te'o was all over the place last night. He would've had a great night if he could make a tackle. At least we know the right person won the Heisman now.

The person we need to be looking at in this game is Dee Milliner. We need to trade up for that guy.

33. -=DolfanDave=-

I never said that. You took my quote out of context. Here is the full quote...

" I responded to your post stating that I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage, which i never once said."

looks like you're the one making dumbass statements

me 1 - you 0

34. BlueFin

BlueFin Seer of Visions Finheaven VIP

After watching last night, I am not interested in him at 12.

35. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

FWIW, Luke is/was a much more complete prospect than Manti. They were somewhat different players though. As good as Te'o was all year (and I tried to make a point earlier this season) guys like Mike Mauti and Jake Ryan were having years very close to Manti, if not better than him. That's not a shot at Manti Te'o, who has proven himself to be a playmaker, but he wasn't what I'd call the end all of LBs this year. I'd still take him though on the team.

Now Te'o had a bad game last night, one of the worst I've ever seen him play.

36. Dolphinator530

Dolphinator530 Well-Known Member

Te'o is a well rounded solid player and will make a living on Sunday.

*TOTAL HOMERISM FORTHCOMING* Honestly in this draft Alec Ogletree is a more intriguing at ILB to me. He reminds me of when Ray Lewis came in (PHYSICALLY NOT ABILITY), he came to UGA as a safety and bulked up without losing his speed and agility. He led UGA in tackles and missed 4 games, he can lower the boom and can take away sideline to sideline with how fast he can pursue He can def cover and i dont mean that Te'o cant cover he had 7 ints for goodness sake but some were tipped passes when he was in zone coverage. Ogletree has picked off passes 40 yards down field covering WR's and TE's and I think can potentially be a more dynamic playmaker in the NFL than Te'o. If you think he is too small watch highlights form the GT game when he like suplexes a RB, dude is a beast and will continue to grow into his frame. He played Bama too and made plays all over the place.

*BLIND OVER THE TOP HOMERISM FORTHCOMING* Te'o would have been the 4th best LB on UGA this year based on play making and NFL potential. Jarvis Jones and his abilities speak more loudly than i can describe, Ogletree I think will be a freaking stud in the NFL. And finally Jordan Jenkins a true freshman who Grantham said will be better than Jones and sooner rather than later. (Dont get all up tight about this section it is a joke and me having fun as a UGA fan)

37. The Tannehills Have Eyes

How exactly does that make sense "" I responded to your post stating that I dont think GM should evaluate players using video footage, which i never once said."

You are saying you responded GM shouldn't use footage to evaluate players and then denying it. How does that make sense? Also way to ignore the other 3 lol. You have yet to prove how Te'o is better than Luke other then the fail stat attempt.

38. The Tannehills Have Eyes

Still hasn't learn to effectively shed blocks at a college footbal level and he will not have the stacked NFL level Dline like he had college helping him with his picks. He should go to the 20's in the first round for his coverage alone but he was never the best defender on his team especially that choke artist of a performance last night, don't see how that merits a top 5 pick or say how weak of a LB class this is since he's been rated as the number 1 LB in the class several times.

39. -=DolfanDave=-

I didn't bother with the other 3 because you go out of your way to take quotes out of context.

Why did you take my quote out of context by eliminating the beginning and ending? Oh, that's right, because it makes it appear as if you "got me."

Sad that you have to do something like that (which is blatantly obvious, btw) to help support your flimsy, poorly thought out position.

40. -=DolfanDave=-

What else is new?