My Ideal Offseason | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Ideal Offseason

FinsFanatic777

Active Roster
Reaction score
Here's my ideal offseason:

Free Agency
1. Sign Brandon Marshall - His days in Denver are basically over, as his relationship with McDaniels is destroyed. I know Parcells doesn't like selfish receivers, but people don't realize that Marshall isn't selfish; he just wants to win. He doesn't give up, and you can see with his 3rd consecutive 100 catch season. He definitely fits the #1 receiver role, and he will be a better weapon for Henne than Dez Bryant or any receiver in the draft will be. He has size (6'4"), age (only 25), and dependable speed to dominate when paired with Henne (look at his years with a rocket-armed QB, Jay Cutler). He will be a huge advantage, and this way we don't have to wait for a drafted WR to develop.

2. Sign Vince Wilkfork - Granted, this may take a lot of money, but NT/DT is a position we definitely need to upgrade on. If Wilkfork is resigned or demanding too much money, the FO can either sign Casey Hampton or Ryan Pickett.

3. Sign Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard - Both are underrated because they play in Oakland, but would definitely help out our LB coverage to somewhat neutralize the success of our opponents' passing games. Rolando McClain certainly won't be there by the time we pick, we fix our LB corps without needing to trade up.

4. Sign Shawne Merriman - His play this year hasn't been that great, but he's still recovering from his knee injury. Next year he should be fully healthy (it took Ronnie about two years to recover), and should help an ancient pass rush (JT is 35, JP is 32). He's only 26 and an already proven player... Think about it. Would you rather spend money on a highly proven college player, or a highly proven NFL player who is still young?

Draft (I haven't looked at prospects past the first couple of rounds so I'm not going to do all seven)
1. Earl Thomas - He's a poor man's Eric Berry, and I think he can still have an Ed Reed-like impact on our defense. He's a bit unpolished, but he will almost certainly be there when we pick, unlike Berry. He has shown the talent to succeed, and this helps our pass defense even further. Thomas, paired with V. Davis and S. Smith has the potential to make our defense great.

2. Jermaine Gresham - He would have been a top-10 pick if he declared, but after his injury, he's slowly tumbled into the second round. We must pick Gresham if he can last, or trade up... It doesn't matter how we do it. Henne paired with Gresham and Marshall can give a dominant QB and WR/TE combination. He comes cheap, and is compared to Tony Gonzalez by WalterFootball. That says enough.

3. Toby Gerhart - With Ronnie's contract expiring, Gerhart is a durable runningback who can pound the ball 20-25 times a game. He isn't the flashiest player, but has the drive to excell. Somehow, WalterFootball thinks Sergio Kindle will drop to the 3rd round, but I doubt it. If Kindle does indeed drop, this pick turns to him, but if not, Gerhart is the man.

Are we the Yankees? Way too much money will be required for that.

Love the draft (if we can get a second for ronnie) and the FA is so rediculous and the chances of that are 0.

my REALISTIC offseason would be:

1st- Earl Thomas, FS
2nd- Brandon Spikes, ILB (very easily can drop like malaluga did, He has had a down season and i dont think his 40 time will be that great.. Trade up if need be)
2nd- Ricky Sapp, OLB
3rd- Toby Geheart, RB
4th- Jimmy Graham, TE

Sign Antonio Bryant and Casey Hampton.

That makes our LB corps good with a great passrush in Wake and Sapp, good ilb duo of Spikes and Crowder, makes our secondary awesome with Smith, Davis, Thomas, and (wilson/Bell/Clemons/Culver) and gives Henne 2 new weapons and a huge vet at NT as a 2 year stop gap.... that is a very realistic posibility.

Love the draft (if we can get a second for ronnie) and the FA is so rediculous and the chances of that are 0.

my REALISTIC offseason would be:

1st- Earl Thomas, FS
2nd- Brandon Spikes, ILB (very easily can drop like malaluga did, He has had a down season and i dont think his 40 time will be that great.. Trade up if need be)
2nd- Ricky Sapp, OLB
3rd- Toby Geheart, RB
4th- Jimmy Graham, TE

Sign Antonio Bryant and Casey Hampton.

That makes our LB corps good with a great passrush in Wake and Sapp, good ilb duo of Spikes and Crowder, makes our secondary awesome with Smith, Davis, Thomas, and (wilson/Bell/Clemons/Culver) and gives Henne 2 new weapons and a huge vet at NT as a 2 year stop gap.... that is a very realistic posibility.

Your FA pickups are way more realistic.

Your FA pickups are way more realistic.

yea... ideally id rather do a Karlos Dansby and Hampton

1st- Dez Bryant, WR
2nd- Best FS avalible
2nd- Ricky Sapp, OLB
3rd-Toby Geheart, RB
4th- Aaron Hernandez, TE

Better weapons for Henne, a little downgrade at FS but a sure thing at ILB instead of Spikes..

This is why we don't want any part of Brandon Marshall on this team....besides being a wife/girlfriend beater.....he is a punk:

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels announced Friday that he's benching Brandon Marshall, his Pro Bowl wide receiver, for the team's pivotal season finale against Kansas City on Sunday.
"Our word for the week has been accountability. And we're looking to put the 45 guys on the field on Sunday that want to play together, want to help us try to win and qualify for the playoffs," McDaniels said. "... And anybody that showed any indifference to that, we'll play without them.
Marshall suggested he couldn't have played anyway after pulling his right hamstring at practice this week.
McDaniels insinuated on the podium that Marshall was exaggerating the extent of his injury and was unaccountable to the team. The Pro Bowl receiver responded from his locker by noting McDaniels never played in the NFL and hinting he might be getting called out by his coach because the Broncos' season is unraveling.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_660442.html

For the FA, we don't have to make all of those acquisitions. What I forgot to say was that the positions we couldn't get in the FA, we would solve in the later rounds of the draft after the first three picks I made.

I know that the FO won't be able to sign all of those guys, so I basically just wrote a list of moves that could be made in the offseason.

Here's my ideal offseason:

Free Agency
1. Sign Brandon Marshall - His days in Denver are basically over, as his relationship with McDaniels is destroyed. I know Parcells doesn't like selfish receivers, but people don't realize that Marshall isn't selfish; he just wants to win. He doesn't give up, and you can see with his 3rd consecutive 100 catch season. He definitely fits the #1 receiver role, and he will be a better weapon for Henne than Dez Bryant or any receiver in the draft will be. He has size (6'4"), age (only 25), and dependable speed to dominate when paired with Henne (look at his years with a rocket-armed QB, Jay Cutler). He will be a huge advantage, and this way we don't have to wait for a drafted WR to develop.

2. Sign Vince Wilkfork - Granted, this may take a lot of money, but NT/DT is a position we definitely need to upgrade on. If Wilkfork is resigned or demanding too much money, the FO can either sign Casey Hampton or Ryan Pickett.

3. Sign Kirk Morrison and Thomas Howard - Both are underrated because they play in Oakland, but would definitely help out our LB coverage to somewhat neutralize the success of our opponents' passing games. Rolando McClain certainly won't be there by the time we pick, we fix our LB corps without needing to trade up.

4. Sign Shawne Merriman - His play this year hasn't been that great, but he's still recovering from his knee injury. Next year he should be fully healthy (it took Ronnie about two years to recover), and should help an ancient pass rush (JT is 35, JP is 32). He's only 26 and an already proven player... Think about it. Would you rather spend money on a highly proven college player, or a highly proven NFL player who is still young?

Draft (I haven't looked at prospects past the first couple of rounds so I'm not going to do all seven)
1. Earl Thomas - He's a poor man's Eric Berry, and I think he can still have an Ed Reed-like impact on our defense. He's a bit unpolished, but he will almost certainly be there when we pick, unlike Berry. He has shown the talent to succeed, and this helps our pass defense even further. Thomas, paired with V. Davis and S. Smith has the potential to make our defense great.

2. Jermaine Gresham - He would have been a top-10 pick if he declared, but after his injury, he's slowly tumbled into the second round. We must pick Gresham if he can last, or trade up... It doesn't matter how we do it. Henne paired with Gresham and Marshall can give a dominant QB and WR/TE combination. He comes cheap, and is compared to Tony Gonzalez by WalterFootball. That says enough.

3. Toby Gerhart - With Ronnie's contract expiring, Gerhart is a durable runningback who can pound the ball 20-25 times a game. He isn't the flashiest player, but has the drive to excell. Somehow, WalterFootball thinks Sergio Kindle will drop to the 3rd round, but I doubt it. If Kindle does indeed drop, this pick turns to him, but if not, Gerhart is the man.

B.Marshal I doubt will be available for free. If uncapped there's 3 tags to use and even if the relationship was beyond repair Denver's not dumb enough to give him away for free. I want a #1 but not at some huge price to get him and then a lousy person to boot. I'd rather try for A.Bryant first and if we can't get him then try a trade for Boldin, Arizona's asking price has to be pretty low by now. K.Walter would be an excellent addition aswell.

V.Wilfork would be nice but if he wants A.Haynesworth money then forget it, we can get a huge upgrade from what we have now from C.Hampton, or R.Pickett.

I was listening the other day to Sirius radio and both P.Kirwin and T.Ryan felt K.Morrison ILB and T.Howard OLB were overrated. K.Morrison would be Crowder 2.0 (he makes alot of tackles on the wrong side) and T.Howard was limited to the blitz and that's about it. I'd really like to go after K.Dansby but if that's not possible then let's draft an ILB instead.

S.Merriman would be interesting, he has played better as of late needing the time to get over his injury. I still think he'll be pretty expensive but probably worth it and it seems that SD is willing to let him go.

E.Thomas is how I would go with the 1st pick aswell, it's our biggest weakness and the kid is excellent, win win situation.

Our 2nd pick will be really interesting, B.Spikes might fall, Gresham might maybe even a top end WR Benn, Tate could be there. OLB is a position we need a guy who can set the edge. If we think players will fall then I want Spikes.

If we're gonna go RB then we better be trading one of our exsisting ones and R.Brown is the only one that would be worth something. I don't believe RB is a position you need to draft ahead for, it's the easiest transition from college. Many rookies have instant impact so I'd wait until 2011 to get a RB unless we're trading one this offseason.

No to ricky sapp, eric norwood from sc is a much better player, and will be a better player at the next level.

I think for FA and could happen I hope.
1. WR Boldin or Bryant
2. Damsby ILB or DeMeco Ryans and OLB Ahmad Brooks OR Tyjuan Hagler
3.up grade safeties with Reed Doughty maybe Brodney Pool but no wilson
4. Might be able to get NT Johnny Jolly OR Barry Cofield
Then darft but I think this can happen after all we have more money that we can spend and re sign bees and maybe a new tight end or keep Fasano. That's what I think

Back
Top Bottom