My Mock Draft- How I'd like to see it, what about you? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Mock Draft- How I'd like to see it, what about you?

TealAttack13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here is my Mock Draft as I would like to see it. You might agree with some of it, you might disagree with some of it. Would you be satisfied with this? How would you want the draft to go?

R1 P12- G Chance Warmack, ALA. This guy put a nice career together for Nick Saban. We need help on the OL, and this guy is an upgrade and a good fit. Best guard in the draft, as far as the rankings go.

R2 P42- RB Montee Ball, WIS. Ball is a solid running back who really makes plays happen. With Reggie gone, there's a gap to fill. This guy gives us a ground attack, opening up the field for Ryan, giving him the opportunity to hit some receivers.

R2 P56- WR Stedman Bailey, WV.
Stedman Bailey has good speed, and can be really effective if the field is open for him. He's put up great numbers in his college career, and has played through injury. Solid, tough player.

R3 P77- FS Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma. Tony was first team All-Big 12, and lead Oklahoma in tackles with 119. He has been a starter since his Freshman year, and the scouts say he has a really good football sense. Good for our secondary.

R3 P82- LB Jon Bostic, FL. Bostic has a lot of toughness, and could learn a lot from Karlos Dansby, which will make him an even better player. He would be a good depth guy who could potentially develop into a big time defensive weapon.

R4 P108- CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU. The Honey Badger is a polarizing figure. As good as he is on the field, he can be as bad off the field. This is definitely a pick that goes off the board by a round or so, but the Jets want this guy. If they deal Revis, they are going to need to replace him, and we all know how much Woody Johnson loves headlines. If we wait til the next round, there's a chance the Jets get him, since they pick before we do. Sometimes you need to gamble, and if this kid can clean it up, we'll be glad we did. The nightmare scenario is that the Jets get him before we do, and he ends up being a star.

R5 (can't find where we pick in this round, has it even been determined yet?)- DE Michael Buchanan, IL. There's a chance we lose Randy Starks in March, and we are going to need to replace him. This kid supposedly has good movement, and could develop into a good "hybrid" player, since it is believed that he isn't going to put on much more muscle, which is traditional in the position.

No pick in the 6th Round.

R7- TE Joseph Fauria, UCLA. Fasano is a solid Tight End, but this guy is going to be a steal in this spot. UCLA isn't known as a football power house, which is why he is going to fall to this round. At 6'7 with weight to boot, he is definitely the best option late in the draft. 12 TDs in 14 games last year, those are nice stats.

Well, there we have it. The draft as I would like to see it. This is assuming that things pretty much stay the same and you don't see too many players fly off the board, which is inevitable anyway. I think it fills some needs across the board. Certainly not enough to solve all of our problems, but it certainly solves some of them. I think that if they drafted this way, it would be hard to argue that this years draft was not successful.

What do you think?

Think i'd go mad if we took a guard at 12 .... trade back and take him i'd be ok with but not at 12 . Dont think we need RB that bad to spend our 2nd on one either. Like taking a chance on Mathieu though ....

we can´t go into the season with only Bailey as our upgrade, has to be at least 2 guys, so FA, or another draft pick WR, is absolutely necessary...

we can´t go into the season with only Bailey as our upgrade, has to be at least 2 guys, so FA, or another draft pick WR, is absolutely necessary...

Agreed. He can't be the only upgrade, but if he is available and you can get him, he's worth it for sure.

I like the Honey Badger pick, and the Montee Ball pick is intriguing to say the least.

Joseph Fauria in the 7th , interesting strategy.

Here is my Mock Draft as I would like to see it. You might agree with some of it, you might disagree with some of it. Would you be satisfied with this? How would you want the draft to go?

R3 P82- LB Jon Bostic, FL. Bostic has a lot of toughness, and could learn a lot from Karlos Dansby, which will make him an even better player. He would be a good depth guy who could potentially develop into a big time defensive weapon.
As a UF fan you would think that I would be all warm and fuzzy about a Gator be selected, but I'm not. Do not get me wrong, I do not dislike Bostic he has done an admirable job in the middle for the Gator defense. He has an understanding of the game and diagnosis plays well. But when you watch him play, IMO, he just does not make enough plays that really affect the outcome of the game. He seems to let the game come to him instead of going out and trying to make a play. He does not have the it factor. I see him more as a quality backup and ST guy. The third is too high to take him.

As a UF fan you would think that I would be all warm and fuzzy about a Gator be selected, but I'm not. Do not get me wrong, I do not dislike Bostic he has done an admirable job in the middle for the Gator defense. He has an understanding of the game and diagnosis plays well. But when you watch him play, IMO, he just does not make enough plays that really affect the outcome of the game. He seems to let the game come to him instead of going out and trying to make a play. He does not have the it factor. I see him more as a quality backup and ST guy. The third is too high to take him.

Good to know. You've seen more of him than I have so I'm glad you chimed in. That's why I wanted to do this. I wanted to get everyone else's feelings.

Chance Warmack would be very intriguing at #12 and who doesn't like Stedman Bailey? Change a couple of picks here and there and it could be a very strong draft. I wouldn't take Ball, maybe Patten there or a physical, bigger receiver to complement Bailey.

I like Warmack, Montee Ball and Stedman Bailey. :woot:

I'd rather draft Lacy than Ball but other than that it is a decent draft. It's safe and if free agency lands some playmakers I could live with it.

I'd rather draft Lacy than Ball but other than that it is a decent draft. It's safe and if free agency lands some playmakers I could live with it.

It is pretty safe. The only real gamble there is Mathieu. I think we are going to add Jennings as well, and keep Hartline. So if you are going with Jennings, Hartline, Stedman, and Bess, it's going to be a really good situation for Tannehill.

It is pretty safe. The only real gamble there is Mathieu. I think we are going to add Jennings as well, and keep Hartline. So if you are going with Jennings, Hartline, Stedman, and Bess, it's going to be a really good situation for Tannehill.

I don't consider any pick after the 3rd a gamble and that is why I would love Mathieu or Denard Robinson with that pick.

Back
Top Bottom