My mom sat next to a player on his way to see the dolphins. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My mom sat next to a player on his way to see the dolphins.

dolfan4eva

Starter
Reaction score
He is nobody real exciting, but his name is Vaughn Martin from a canadian college. He had a chance to go to Michigan State but declined. He said he was on his way to try out for the dolphins and had gone to see other teams to. Just thought it was cool that my mom was sitting next to a potential dolphin, she said he was a real nice guy. They talked the whole flight. Anybody ever seen this guy play or heard of him. Just thought I would repost this again. Thought it was cool he ended up here anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is nobody real exciting, but his name is Vaughn Martin from a canadian college. He had a chance to go to Michigan State but declined. He said he was on his way to try out for the dolphins and had gone to see other teams to. Just thought it was cool that my mom was sitting next to a potential dolphin, she said he was a real nice guy. They talked the whole flight. Anybody ever seen this guy play or heard of him.

The Dolphins are quite serious about him as a late round pick at NT.

I read about him.. He's originally from Jamaica and the first underclassman from a Canadian college to declare for the draft.

finally some love for canada :D you guys gotta open your eyes, there's talent here, and so far only the colts found out and they snagged a good played every year, literally

Last edited by a moderator:
He played for South HS in London Ontario, I coached against him for a few years. He was a real good player but up here that only gets you so far compared with American highschool players.

He really improved a great deal every year in University and anchored an excellent Dline at Western. We play one yard off the ball and full motion forward before the snap which really gives the offense an advantage.

He's a clean cut kid that will bust his nuts every play and he's a smart kid to boot (there's no basket weaving classes in our Universities). Where he may never turn into a great NFL player he certainly could end up being a solid rotation guy after a few years of experience at the NFL level. So I really would think he'd be a undrafted pick up that would go on the practice squad to develope.

I wish him all the best and he makes it he'll be the third player from Western to play in the NFL. Tim Tindale was a 2 time Hec Crichton (National MVP) winner from Western that you all will remember busted a 44 yard TD run to seal their playoff win for Buffalo against us in 95'. Tyrone Williams won two superbowls with Dallas but did not dress for them in the early 90's aswell. He's the only North American to have a University Championship, a NFL Championship and a Grey Cup Championship.

Hey guys. Thanks for the feedback. Maybe he'll turn out to be something. I guess alot of teams are looking at him from what he says.

XXXSurtainXXX,

Boomer's blog was every Tues. at the Sun-Sentinel. It is under Dave Hyde's blog column under Draft Winds. It's great stuff. I've been poking around this and other Fins sites for years and Boomer has the most insightful info and thoughts about the draft and the strengths and weakness of players as they fit into our system. You'll want to check out his latest blog last Tues. and his one before the draft next Tues. His real name is Simon, and when Simon says something... I listen.

Martin is a good athlete with a lot of physical tools to develop in the NFL. He measured 6'3 1/8" 331 pounds. He ran the 40 in 4.97 seconds and did 33 reps with 225 pounds.

Hey 3rd,
Tyrone Williams is my best friends cousin. I have great story about Nova Scotia sports involved here. About 7 years back I was out for dinner with Tyrone, Kirk Johnson(who fought John Ruiz for the title,who I boxed with when we were younger) and Will Njoku( who was drafted by the Pacers 17th overall but blew his knee out and is a very good friend of mine. These three guys grew up together and had some amazing success even thought they never got to star in the pros.Tyrone was the most amazing athlete from NS back then, he was an allstar QB And WR plus an allstar bball player.Just a little story about the boys from NS

Back
Top Bottom