My offseason list... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My offseason list...

ADDiKT

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
What I would do this offseason...

#1. Gauge interest in Randy McMichael and Chris Chambers.
(I personally want Randy Moss, If they would take Chambers and a 4th or so - DO IT)
(McMichael can be used to get us the pick I would have just traded away).

#2. Use the 9th pick to either draft Jarrett or trade down and pick up more picks.

#3. Find a TE either in the draft or in free agency.

#4. Attend to the offensive line issues.

#5. Re-sign Wes Welker. Wes may be 5'8" or so --- but it's all HEART!

Actually I think our receiving corp would be...

#1. Randy Moss
#2. Marty Booker
#3. Dwayne Jarrett (until he's ready)
#4. Wes Welker

This is all after we trade for Peyton Manning and get the league to start each Dolphins game with a 7 point lead, right? :rolleyes2

This is all after we trade for Peyton Manning and get the league to start each Dolphins game with a 7 point lead, right? :rolleyes2

I did say that this is a list of what "I" would do. How much of it is far fetched? I think we've all realized that Chris Chambers is overrated. To think he is the one that said Miami was going to be playing in the Superbowl in their back yard. Randy McMike is just as overrated if not more. Randy obviously wants out of Oakland.

I think we should trade Cleo for Brady, straight up.....you know, make the Patsies a deal they can't refuse.
Trade Sammy to SD for LT and his OL....Same terms as above.
Then trade Jason Allen to Baltimore for their defense and two 1st rounders.

You think Oakland is going to trade Moss for Chris Chambers and a 4th round pick. That's the end.

It's not necessary to share every thought that glances through one's mind with the people here. Sometimes, I wish there was a test that had to be passed to get the credentials necessary to post a thread.

It's not necessary to share every thought that glances through one's mind with the people here. Sometimes said:
:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

people criticize chambers for being a lazy route runner and inconsistent and randy moss is what exactly??? The people who dont like chambers but want randy know nothing about ft. ball. If anything we dont renew Booker's contract, ask Chris to restructure and possibly draft either a Tedd Gin or Dwayne Jarrett. Also you dont find superstars out of thin air, if McMike gets replaced itll be with him on the roster, he wont get cut. Definitly need to upgrade offensive line talent and re-sign Wes.

You think Oakland is going to trade Moss for Chris Chambers and a 4th round pick. That's the end.

It's not necessary to share every thought that glances through one's mind with the people here. Sometimes, I wish there was a test that had to be passed to get the credentials necessary to post a thread.

:yes:

What I would do this offseason...

#1. Gauge interest in Randy McMichael and Chris Chambers.
(I personally want Randy Moss, If they would take Chambers and a 4th or so - DO IT)
(McMichael can be used to get us the pick I would have just traded away).

#2. Use the 9th pick to either draft Jarrett or trade down and pick up more picks.

#3. Find a TE either in the draft or in free agency.

#4. Attend to the offensive line issues.

#5. Re-sign Wes Welker. Wes may be 5'8" or so --- but it's all HEART!

...and watch our defense get another year older, without adding cheaper, younger players. Wev'e seen that before, it's called Wannstedt.

Trading Chambers would create over $7,000,000.00 in dead cap.

Why do we want to bring in a clearly descending player (Randy Moss) who is a malcontent and a guy who has caused issues everywhere he has been AND pay a premium for the right to do so?

Trading McMichael also creates dead cap issues, how much I don't know though.

Drafting Jarrett at #9 would be a horror show. You don't trade away starters (Chambers) for the right to add Moss and then use a #9 pick on another reciever. What are we the Lions? We have needs at nose tackle, strongside linebacker, corner and we have depth issues all over our defense but your entire offseason plan is centered around tweaking our recievers, getting rid of one issue to pick up another.

Actually I think our receiving corp would be...

#1. Randy Moss
#2. Marty Booker
#3. Dwayne Jarrett (until he's ready)
#4. Wes Welker
Our corps won't look anything like that next year and Chambers isn't going to get traded.

...and watch our defense get another year older, without adding cheaper, younger players. Wev'e seen that before, it's called Wannstedt.

Trading Chambers would create over $7,000,000.00 in dead cap.

Why do we want to bring in a clearly descending player (Randy Moss) who is a malcontent and a guy who has caused issues everywhere he has been AND pay a premium for the right to do so?

Trading McMichael also creates dead cap issues, how much I don't know though.

Drafting Jarrett at #9 would be a horror show. You don't trade away starters (Chambers) for the right to add Moss and then use a #9 pick on another reciever. What are we the Lions? We have needs at nose tackle, strongside linebacker, corner and we have depth issues all over our defense but your entire offseason plan is centered around tweaking our recievers, getting rid of one issue to pick up another.

Not true...by trading Chambers "before" 3/1 or "after" 6/1...he would actually clear $3.5mil

Also, Mcmichael would have minimal dead cap issues...as his bonus moneys were mostly "roster" bonuses...not signing bonuses...

so trading both are very plausible

Back
Top Bottom