Add Matt Flynn, QB
Add Carl Nicks, OG

Let Go:
Paul Soliai, DT
Kendall Langford, DT

Draft:
1st Round: Trent Richardson, RB
2nd Round: Vontaze Burfict, ILB

Rest of draft -- look for depth EVERYWHERE on defense, maybe a play-making TE.

Move to 4-3 Defense:

LE Koa Misi
DT Jared Odrick
DT Randy Starks
RE Cam Wake

OLB Karlos Dansby
ILB Vontaze Burfict
OLB Kevin Burnett

CB Vontae Davis
CB Sean Smith
FS Reshad Jones
SS Yeremiah Bell

On offense -- get rid of Daniel Thomas. If we can get anything for him in trade, that's great, but I doubt we'd be able to at this point. Flynn obviously @ QB -- we got Richardson as our stud RB, sub Clay and/or Bush on passing downs; or play one of them WITH Richardson on 1st down -- BM obviously the #1 WR with probably Hartline #2, although Gates, Bess & Clay may push him -- Fasano @ TE unless we are lucky enough to nab someone who could push him in the later rounds.

Offensive Line would be STRONG:

LT Jake Long (Perennial Pro Bowler)
LG Carl Nicks (Pro Bowler)
C Richie Incognito (When the OL was at its strongest at the end of 2010, Incognito was at C)
RG Mike Pouncey (Sparano was stubborn with him at C, he is a better G -- he's also the cause of a lot of Moore's fumbles IMO)
RT John Jerry

My #1 choice for the off-season would be to trade the bank for Andrew Luck, but if you believe the media, the Colts aren't trading that pick for ANY price... I would offer something like a 1st & 2nd this year, a 1st & 2nd next year and Mike Pouncey (I think the Colts need OL help), but I don't think the Colts would take it. If you count Pouncey as a 1st round pick, that would be 3 1sts & 2 2nds which sounds reasonable -- I just don't see the Colts biting... Pouncey could easily be replaced by signing Carl Nicks, so we'd only really be out a 1st & 2nd two years in a row...

How would you feel about an off-season like this??

Marc Columbo won't even be on the team next season.

Hire Joe Philbin as head coach.

Major Free Agency moves:
Add Matt Flynn, QB
Add Carl Nicks, OG

Let Go:
Paul Soliai, DT
Kendall Langford, DT

Draft:

Move to 4-3 Defense:

LE Koa Misi
DT Jared Odrick
DT Randy Starks
RE Cam Wake

OLB Karlos Dansby
ILB Vontaze Burfict
OLB Kevin Burnett

CB Vontae Davis
CB Sean Smith
FS Reshad Jones
SS Yeremiah Bell

On offense -- get rid of Daniel Thomas. If we can get anything for him in trade, that's great, but I doubt we'd be able to at this point. Flynn obviously @ QB -- we got Richardson as our stud RB, sub Clay and/or Bush on passing downs; or play one of them WITH Richardson on 1st down -- BM obviously the #1 WR with probably Hartline #2, although Gates, Bess & Clay may push him -- Fasano @ TE unless we are lucky enough to nab someone who could push him in the later rounds.

C Richie Incognito (When the OL was at its strongest at the end of 2010, Incognito was at C)
RG Mike Pouncey (Sparano was stubborn with him at C, he is a better G -- he's also the cause of a lot of Moore's fumbles IMO)
RT John Jerry or Marc Columbo (They can fight it out -- this is clearly the weakest spot on our line, but at least there's competition and maybe Jerry will improve)

My #1 choice for the off-season would be to trade the bank for Andrew Luck, but if you believe the media, the Colts aren't trading that pick for ANY price... I would offer something like a 1st & 2nd this year, a 1st & 2nd next year and Mike Pouncey (I think the Colts need OL help), but I don't think the Colts would take it. If you count Pouncey as a 1st round pick, that would be 3 1sts & 2 2nds which sounds reasonable -- I just don't see the Colts biting... Pouncey could easily be replaced by signing Carl Nicks, so we'd only really be out a 1st & 2nd two years in a row...

I strongly disagree with the Richardson pick. We're ok at RB, we need a RT badly. That would do wonders for us. If we don't get one, Columbo won't be the guy competing. It'll be Jerry vs Garner vs Murtha.

Why do you want to get rid of Daniel Thomas? He looked good in spots at the start of the year, and he had a lingering injury since TC.

I strongly disagree with the Richardson pick. We're ok at RB, we need a RT badly. That would do wonders for us. If we don't get one, Columbo won't be the guy competing. It'll be Jerry vs Garner vs Murtha.

Why do you want to get rid of Daniel Thomas? He looked good in spots at the start of the year, and he had a lingering injury since TC.

I just wasn't impressed at all watching him last year. Looks very pedestrian to me. I think if you've got a chance to get someone that compares to Adrian Peterson with the 9th overall pick, you go for it.

I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing Reiff in the 1st to play RT. I just think A) that's a little high for a RT & B) we'd have an AWFUL LOT tied into our OL... Our running game BETTER have huge holes all season and QB better not complain about having time to throw with that line. It would be kind of sick now that I think about it (signing Nicks & drafting Reiff). Just overkill @ one position is all.

Plus I'd have to hope that Thomas comes around, whereas Richardson is an absolute sure thing..

I edited the OP to have just John Jerry @ RT. I honestly think he'd beat out any of the others (Columbo, Garner, Murtha) anyway. Maybe not Garner... Anyway -- doesn't matter to me Garner/Jerry -- to me the key is signing Nicks in FA and having Long, Nicks, Incognito & Pouncey in the other 4 slots -- that is a SOLID OL! Can't expect to have 5 pro-bowlers on the OL. If Garner or Jerry is our one weak spot and we have the other 4, I think we are going to have a top 3 or 4 OL in the league...

Trading Daniel Thomas is a bad idea. Miami traded up to get him and no team is willing to trade a second round pick to get him. I do like the additions of Carl Nicks and Vontaze Burfict.

I personally like the 3-4 better as I like our front seven besides Misi. Good run stopper but I don't really see him as a starter. Hate to see Soliai and Langford leave.

Do like the offensive line but I see Vernon Carey coming back and being the starter at RT. I think he'll come back as he went to The U and has been with the Dolphins his whole career.

Is Vontez Burflict in the second realistic?

I like him a lot, dude could be our Ray Lewis

Is Vontez Burflict in the second realistic?

I like him a lot, dude could be our Ray Lewis

I've hear late first round pick. Few mock drafts I've seen have him going to the Ravens

Hire Joe Philbin as head coach.

Major Free Agency moves:
Add Matt Flynn, QB
Add Carl Nicks, OG

Let Go:
Paul Soliai, DT
Kendall Langford, DT

Draft:

Move to 4-3 Defense:

LE Koa Misi
DT Jared Odrick
DT Randy Starks
RE Cam Wake

OLB Karlos Dansby
ILB Vontaze Burfict
OLB Kevin Burnett

CB Vontae Davis
CB Sean Smith
FS Reshad Jones
SS Yeremiah Bell

RT John Jerry

No way no how do I let go of Soliai regardless of WHAT defense you run
Misi as a DE is gonna get steamrolled each and every down.
I wouldn't touch Vontaze Berflict . That dude has SERIOUS mental meltdowns. Good player, but crap attitude and **** for brains.
Much much more pressing needs than RB. I'm not that sold on Richardson either.
Matt Flynn at QB? Not even close to being sold on this kid. He has LOTS of proving to do. Not sure he would beat out Matt Moore...
Nicks is gonna demand a Kings Ransom I'm afraid. Would love to get the guy, but not sure he's worth what he's probably going to get paid.
John Jerry is NOT going to play RT. We better look long and hard at that spot. Its the single largest glaring need on the Offense right now...no, on the entire team. No way no how can you throw something out neglecting RT!!!

Back
Top Bottom