My Personal Dolphin Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Personal Dolphin Mock

Austin Tatious

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I posted this in the middle of another thread but it got buried.

Here is my current thinking on the draft.

Trade down from 9 with Pittsburgh so they can grab Brown or Staley (who they apparently love) or with Carolina (so they can get a stud defender like Willis or Landry). Pick up an extra 3 by doing so.

1. Ted Ginn, Jr., WR: Dolphins need playmakers. He plays fast and will bring a sorely needed big play element.

2A. John Beck, QB, BYU: Let's hope Ozzie Newsome doesn't grab him for Baltimore. Cam may be able to work him into a Drew Brees type. His age is a concern, but he still could be a 10 year guy. Good moxie and accuracy, acceptable arm--similar traits to Brees who also came out of a spread college offense.

2B. Eric Weddle, S, Utah: This guy is flat-out terrific. Can cover and play the ball. Dolphins need that in the secondary in the worst way. Perfect fit.

3A. Doug Free, OT, N IL: Lack of functional strength is a major concern. Long arms and nice frame coveted by Houck and Cam.

3B. Quincy Black, OLB, UNM: good speed and Miami needs youth in the linebacker core.

4. Uche Nwaneri, OG, Purdue: physical guard who Hud can coach up.

6A. Adam Podlesh, P, MD: great leg and good athlete, but not the smartest punter yet. Miami could also look to the kid out of LSU.

6B. Michael Allan, TE: good speed but small school background is a hindrance. Miami needs to draft a TE. Spaeth or Chandler may be good fits earlier as well.

7A. Dedrick Harrington, ILB Mo, could help on special teams, and Miami needs youth at 'backer

7B. Marquice Cole, CB Northwestern: developmental guy who can run

7C. Gabe Hall OT Tex Tech: we need a 3rd o line prospect

I would be ECSTATIC with that draft.

Thoughts?
clear.gif
clear.gif

I'm not the biggest Ginn fan but that would be a solid draft.

Personally, I don't like the Ginn, Beck or Allan picks. Good post however...thanks for taking time to explain your reasoning for the picks.

Back
Top Bottom