My proposed change for the coaching structure | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My proposed change for the coaching structure

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score
Currently we have a Head Coach with two assistants who have position coaching responsibilities; the Associate Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator (Darren Rizzi) and the Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers (Frank Bush).

It makes sense to me that an assistant head coach be fully integrated into the operation of the team this way, but with an Associate Head Coach and an Assistant Head Coach; it might be reasonable to have the Assistant Head Coach change from Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers to just an Assistant Head Coach, which would include an indirect coaching responsibility of some kind. This would leave the Linebackers Coach free of other responsibilities.

I would recommend that Assistant Head Coach's new activity be tied to our quality control department and some kind of individual player support function.

After writing all this, I recall that Clyde Christenson is being retained for an unnamed position. Could it be like this, or would the team keep the current associate HC and Assistant HC positions and just add a new "player support" position for Clyde?

Assistant Head Coach....

Assistant to the Head Coach.....

This staff is as dysfunctional as The Office that we DO know.

I didn’t realize we had the two roles. What exactly is associate vs assistant HC and why do we have them?

I am surprised that there are posters here that do not know what the coaching structure of the Dolphins is. It has been readily available since I started to follow this team with the arrival of Adam Gase. I wonder if many of the complaining posts about our coaches would have not been made, or at least been better focused, if the posters actually knew our teams coaching structure?

I think Dwight Schrute would make the best assistant to the assistant head coach money could buy.

Essentially you are taking away positional responsibility from the assistant head coach to allow them the freedom to work in a more advisory role and allow a positional coach to worry solely about their positional group. Makes sense...I mean the cost of adding one more coach is relatively small, it will allow them to focus on the unit at hand without having to worry about extra duties.

Currently we have a Head Coach with two assistants who have position coaching responsibilities; the Associate Head Coach/Special Teams Coordinator (Darren Rizzi) and the Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers (Frank Bush).

It makes sense to me that an assistant head coach be fully integrated into the operation of the team this way, but with an Associate Head Coach and an Assistant Head Coach; it might be reasonable to have the Assistant Head Coach change from Assistant Head Coach/Linebackers to just an Assistant Head Coach, which would include an indirect coaching responsibility of some kind. This would leave the Linebackers Coach free of other responsibilities.

I would recommend that Assistant Head Coach's new activity be tied to our quality control department and some kind of individual player support function.

After writing all this, I recall that Clyde Christenson is being retained for an unnamed position. Could it be like this, or would the team keep the current associate HC and Assistant HC positions and just add a new "player support" position for Clyde?
I lost you at coach

I lost you at coach

What parts didn't you understand, I will be more than happy to help you. There are many on here that have no issue explaining things as some of the football-specific terms people use are not in everyday vernacular.

I propose a trade:

Mike Tannenbaum and a 1st rounder for Tom Coughlin. It will hurt in the beginning giving up a first rounder but will pay off in spades in the future.
Mike tannenbaum and a first rounder for a cup of coffee would still be an upgrade

I propose a trade:

Mike Tannenbaum and a 1st rounder for Tom Coughlin. It will hurt in the beginning giving up a first rounder but will pay off in spades in the future.
We draft 1st round busts anyway. Parker,Jordan,Tunsil, Harris, and more. To me this is a swap.

The Dolphins are officially announcing Dowell Loggains as their new offensive coordinator today, but Clyde Christensen will remain on staff.

Christensen will take the title of Director of Football & Player Development, which will keep him heavily involved in practice, working with players and coaches and developing each week’s game plan.

When coach Adam Gase opted to bring in Loggains two weeks ago, he actively sought to keep Christensen on staff and the two still have a great working relationship, a source said. Christensen, 61, is on board with the new arrangement because he enjoys working with Gase and liked the idea of being a mentor to Miami’s young players and coaches.
http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...n-to-director-of-football-player-development/

Back
Top Bottom