My South Florida Organizational Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My South Florida Organizational Rankings

pb1300

Scout Team
Reaction score
I think, in terms of organizational health, Id rank South Florida pro teams as so:

1. Miami Heat
2. Florida Panthers

3. Miami Dolphins

4. Florida Marlins

Miami Heat - Pat Riley and Mickey Arison, period! One of the best GMs/presidents in any league, partnered with one of the best owners in sports. First class organization from the top, to the ticket representatives. The rest of teams should really mirror them, and understand how to cater to its fans!

Florida Panthers - UNBELIEVABLE turnaround of a franchise since the hiring of just ONE man, Dale Tallon. A complete 180 of the product on the ice, along with the best prospect pool in the NHL, gives the Panthers arguably the best future out of any team in South Florida. There is still a ways to go, but the organization has probably never seen this type of stability before, which was in constant question. Dont want to forget about Santos as well, who has also been a huge piece of this "blueprint!"

Miami Dolphins - Would be closer to the Heat and Panthers if we had a more competent GM and Coach. I kinda like Ireland, but there are obvious holes that werent filled, and when players like Olsen and Evans are available for dirt cheap, he goes the more conservative approach. Sparano is not a NFL head coach, and seeing how our Oline has been inconsistent since his arrival, I dont even think he is that good of an Oline coach. Ross really dropped the ball as well. He should just stay out of the way and just write checks, not try crap like he did with Harbaugh. And its a damn shame, because the fins have a top five defense, but once again, our offense is going to be why we arent a playoff team.

Florida Marlins - A FU@#%G MESS! I dont know who is to blame for what is going on there, Loria or Beinfest! This crap with LoMo is just another reason why players are not going to want to play for this team. Yes, lets make an example of our youngsters, like LoMo, who despite batting 240, has 17 homers and 60 RBIs. They demote him, but let Hanley play, despite his *****iness, and even worse stats? IMO, its time to move Hanley. He is not a team player, nobody likes him, and overall, he obviously is not dedicated to this team.

If I wasnt ranking just pro teams, no doubt I would have the Canes behind the Heat and Panthers. They seem to really know what they are doing. Golden has been amazing since his hiring (top five draft class), and the school really seems to understand what it takes to build a top football school, with new buildings being built for the Athletic department. IMO, the Canes are closer to a National Championship birth before the Fins reach another SB, or the Fish reach another WS.

Its frustrating seeing this crap go down. With a few tweaks here and there, we could have a very successful sports town, like Boston for example, but until some idiots are shown the door, that wont happen.

Ok, end of rant!

Hard to disagree with any of that being a fan of everything in South Florida.

Of all of those, the Dolphins piss me off the most but the Marlins probably frustrate me more than any team. LoMo is already a fan favorite and I swear I'd take the jail time to punch Loria right in his mouth if I ever seen him out in public. I'm still giving Ross a chance to show he can get this done but straight up **** Loria. We could all benefit from an owner like Arison. He's essentially Mark Cuban without the media attention. Highly underrated.

Hard to disagree with any of that being a fan of everything in South Florida.

Of all of those, the Dolphins piss me off the most but the Marlins probably frustrate me more than any team. LoMo is already a fan favorite and I swear I'd take the jail time to punch Loria right in his mouth if I ever seen him out in public. I'm still giving Ross a chance to show he can get this done but straight up **** Loria. We could all benefit from an owner like Arison. He's essentially Mark Cuban without the media attention. Highly underrated.

I agree, but there is one big difference between the Fish and the Fins, and that is that one problem is the coach, while the other is the OWNER! You can fire Sparano, but you can't fire Loria! He has cheated, he has lied, and he is just a bad owner.

I love the new Panthers Red zone theme "No visitors aloud!"

I'm genuinely worried about the future of the Marlins.

Dolphins fans like to cry about cleaning house, but it seems like the Marlins future is bleaker than ever. We are squandering young talent with inferior coaching. Hanley and Chris Coghlan have severely regressed, our pitching staff is wildly inconsistent. I can only hope the new stadium is the turning point. New stomping grounds, new managers and position coaches (all the current ones have to go IMO), perhaps some new faces as well.

I'm genuinely worried about the future of the Marlins.

Dolphins fans like to cry about cleaning house, but it seems like the Marlins future is bleaker than ever. We are squandering young talent with inferior coaching. Hanley and Chris Coghlan have severely regressed, our pitching staff is wildly inconsistent. I can only hope the new stadium is the turning point. New stomping grounds, new managers and position coaches (all the current ones have to go IMO), perhaps some new faces as well.

I dont know what the hell is going on with Hanley. He supposively committed himself in the offseason, and wanted to improve from certain things last year, and everything has just gone bad. It is a fact that a majority of the players do not like him, and I think its time that they explored a trade. My ideal situation would be to move Hanley for a huge package, and go get Pujols in the offseason. Getting Pujols probably is unlikely, but if you combine Hanley's salary, with the money the team promised would spend, along with the huge revenues they will receive from the new stadium, the funds would be there. Something needs to happen, because this team is on life support.

Like I said earlier, the most obvious change is the one that cannot be changed, and that is Loria. This team would be fine if the baseball decisions were left to guys that actually knew what they were doing, like Beinfest and Co., but when you have idiots like Loria and Samson step in and open their mouths, then that is when things go wrong. Again, its very simple...Loria needs to just go shadow Arison for a week, and see how he runs his team. Shut up, sit in your front row seat, collect art, and let people with knowledge of the game do their jobs, and everything will be just fine!

I miss my Panthers being contenders.

[video=youtube;Ky2QHT4UJ4M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky2QHT4UJ4M[/video]

Back
Top Bottom