My Top 5 UFA to sign... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Top 5 UFA to sign...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
I read this morning that the Jets were going to go after J Trotter. To replace M Jones. I guess Phili feels that they already have his replacement and don't want to destroy their cap with the $$$ that TRotter will command.

Originally posted by CHOPS44
I read this morning that the Jets were going to go after J Trotter. To replace M Jones. I guess Phili feels that they already have his replacement and don't want to destroy their cap with the $$$ that TRotter will command.

I sure hope the Jets don't get Trotter.

Originally posted by FinsOnTop
How about Chris Carter to mentor Chambers?
OK - Ward will have return punts and Hakim go fumble for someone else. ;)

The Eagles

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I sure hope the Jets don't get Trotter.

I read an article in the local newspaper here (Allentown Morning Call covers the Eagles pretty extensively) says the Eagles are in a good cap position and are going to try to resign Trotter at all costs. He's also supposedly really happy in Philly.

Originally posted by dolphan39
...not including our players:
  1. Allen, James - 1120 yards in 2000 and 39 reception - got to rest behind O rookie of the year in 2001
  2. Hakim, Az-Zahir - let's get a great PR for a change - if we have to live the fumbles anyway
  3. Jason Fabini - gotta help us beat the Jets
  4. Reinard Wilson - 9 sacks for Bengals
  5. Ben Coleman - big guy could play G
    [/list=1]

this is my list - in 15 minutes or less ;) of browsing

http://nfl.kffl.com/teams/free_agents/2002/all.shtml

1. Good selections, but James Allen isn't an upgrade over Smith. He would be good for 3rd Downs maybe.. Coleman would be an excellent signing and would give the Dolphins a legitimate O Lineman to work around. Hakim would be good lined up across from Chambers in an occasional 3 Wideout set.

this guy rates Jay and Lamar the #1 FA's at their positions: http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/offense.htm

If we get a new O coordinator that uses ther TE for more than a blocker: Stephen Alexander, Washington Redskins - First rate ball catcher, but lost in skins O.

Need to look at C - John Wade, Jacksonville Jaguars - A good guy to have around, can play all over the line and always good to have 2 guys with same name together on the line like Tim and David Bowens and Jason and Henry Taylor :goof: ;)

You CANT have Fabini!!!

He is OURS! I hope Buffalo picks him up. Also, don't you guys realize that u are in the same cap HELL that we were in last year. According to the Sporting News, you are $13,024,085 over the estimated Salary cap for 2002! But don't worry....the good news is, the New Jersey Jets are still $16,907,491 over the cap. The other good news for me is....Buffalo is $10,283,534 under the cap! Woo hoo! We are finally getting out of cap jail! :D :)

Re: You CANT have Fabini!!!

Originally posted by Bufbill1080
He is OURS! I hope Buffalo picks him up. Also, don't you guys realize that u are in the same cap HELL that we were in last year. According to the Sporting News, you are $13,024,085 over the estimated Salary cap for 2002! But don't worry....the good news is, the New Jersey Jets are still $16,907,491 over the cap. The other good news for me is....Buffalo is $10,283,534 under the cap! Woo hoo! We are finally getting out of cap jail! :D :)

Bye bye Gardener!

I concur with my fellow Bills fan....

It will be difficult for the Fins to enter into FA this year. As with many teams, the expansion draft could provide some cap relief depending on who is exposed and who is selected. Texans have already stated that "long-term cap problems" will not be selected, thus I can't see Fins benefiting from the expansion all that much. I know that about $5 million is gained from McDuffie and Marion but that still leaves about $8 million just to get to the cap. Need about $3.5 million for the draft(depends on no. of picks and position of picks...thus could be more). PLUS....still need to re-sign Fiedler......restructuring just gets you in cap trouble down the road....so be careful ;)

Oh BTW

:monkey: Doll-Felons

The Jets are 17 mil over right now. BUT, come june a clause in Vinny's contract drops his cap hit down from 9 mil to only 500,000. That's an easy number to work out. I think Marcus Coleman will be left unprotected and be picked up by the Texans. That's a 5.5 mil hit alone. We Will Get TROTTER!!!

Re: I concur with my fellow Bills fan....

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
It will be difficult for the Fins to enter into FA this year. As with many teams, the expansion draft could provide some cap relief depending on who is exposed and who is selected. Texans have already stated that "long-term cap problems" will not be selected, thus I can't see Fins benefiting from the expansion all that much. I know that about $5 million is gained from McDuffie and Marion but that still leaves about $8 million just to get to the cap. Need about $3.5 million for the draft(depends on no. of picks and position of picks...thus could be more). PLUS....still need to re-sign Fiedler......restructuring just gets you in cap trouble down the road....so be careful ;)

Oh BTW

:monkey: Doll-Felons

Miami should be out of most of it's problems when we cut uselss overpaid backups like Wooden:

http://www.miami.com/herald/content/sports/football/dolphins/digdocs/011139.htm

Back
Top Bottom