My Updated Mock finally!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

My Updated Mock finally!!

newlownorder

Hoof Hearted
Reaction score
* Note that I believe Miami will trade down in the draft, if not in the 1st then the in the 3rd or 4th round. I cannot guess what pick and what team we will trade down with so it's not in my mock.

1) Chad Greenway OLB Iowa (Watch film on Greenway, he's the real deal and worth the 16th pick.)
3) Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green (Right now our QB depth is Culpepper, Lemon and Berlin......not good. I would hope Miami would trade for Harrington, even if they do, Omar Jacobs is a good QB and should we should give him a shot)
4) Marcus Maxey CB The U (Very underrated CB who is a great playmaker, we need the CB depth)
7a) Mark Setterstrom G Minn (We need Guard depth and he's a good project for Houck
7b) Skyler Green WR LSU (Good return guy, we need the WR depth)
7c) Cameron Vaughn OLB LSU (He can play OLB or ILB, even with Greenway we still need the depth for the 3-4)

No way do we spend a 2nd, 3rd and 6th on QB. Maybe 7th round we take a qb if we dont get harrington, but there is absolutely no way we take jacobs unless he drops waaaaaay down.

outtawack311 said:
No way do we spend a 2nd, 3rd and 6th on QB. Maybe 7th round we take a qb if we dont get harrington, but there is absolutely no way we take jacobs unless he drops waaaaaay down.

maybe, michael robinson depending on where he goes could be a possibility. Fact is Miami is the ONLY team to bring Jacobs in for a workout. Miami looked at him at the combine as well. Saban also said that he would still consider drafting a QB still. So when there's a will there's a way. I'm a big Jacobs fan so there is so bias there. I've watched a bunch of film on him, his release isn't as bad as I thought when I first heard of him.

Bopkin02 said:
I think 7 is too late for Green.

Green isn't rated very high by alot of people, someone could jump on him earlier that the 7th round but the 4th round?? ESPN, GBN, nfldraftcountdown etc. have him rated much lower than the 4th round. Aromashodu is a 4th round pick, not Green.

p.s.- I like the Allen pick in round 7. I was debating that pick with Setterstrom, in fact I think Setterstrom could go higher or I could put a RB but I really didn't do research on a RB so I just can't put a RB in my mock.

I am actually updating my Dolphins mock right now. It's a tough call on Green. I've seen him 4-5, and I figured being a Saban guy, maybe, since we've got no 5/6.

I like your mock Bopkin, but I'd put Lawson there instead of Wimbley.

newlownorder said:
* Note that I believe Miami will trade down in the draft, if not in the 1st then the in the 3rd or 4th round. I cannot guess what pick and what team we will trade down with so it's not in my mock.

1) Chad Greenway OLB Iowa (Watch film on Greenway, he's the real deal and worth the 16th pick.)
3) Omar Jacobs QB Bowling Green (Right now our QB depth is Culpepper, Lemon and Berlin......not good. I would hope Miami would trade for Harrington, even if they do, Omar Jacobs is a good QB and should we should give him a shot)
4) Marcus Maxey CB The U (Very underrated CB who is a great playmaker, we need the CB depth)
7a) Mark Setterstrom G Minn (We need Guard depth and he's a good project for Houck
7b) Skyler Green WR LSU (Good return guy, we need the WR depth)
7c) Cameron Vaughn OLB LSU (He can play OLB or ILB, even with Greenway we still need the depth for the 3-4)

If that happen, I'll cry :boohoo:

Bopkin02 said:
I am actually updating my Dolphins mock right now. It's a tough call on Green. I've seen him 4-5, and I figured being a Saban guy, maybe, since we've got no 5/6.

I think the hardest part of making a mock now is that Saban is going to take players who fall in the draft, he did it last year and it's almost impossible to figure out who will fall in the draft. If you told me last year that Channing Crowder would be there in the 3rd round I wouldn't believe you. A guy I've been really dwelling on is Claude Wroten DT LSU....some teams have just erased him off their boards...could he be there in the 3rd round? I don't know but I believe there is a possibility and I'm very close to putting him in my mock but there is that side of me that thinks some team is going to take a chance on him before us. Green is such a hard pick I really should just get rid of him I've see him as a 5th-7th rounder idk where he's gonna go. He is a Saban guy and he could go in the 4th round but I don't think he will.

Back
Top Bottom