Name One Coach (bump this at will)

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by ZOD, Jan 1, 2007.

1. ZOD

ZOD Ruler of the Universe

Name One Coach

Name me one Coach that has left a team in the third year of a five year contract. Do these people know the meaning of contract?

Do you think Wayne Huyzienga will not take the Alabama money that Nick Saban will possibly earn?

He ain't going nowhere. He has a

CONTRACT

2. PeterNorth

PeterNorth Seasoned Veteran Hammered

LOL, and if you believe that any contract is really iron clad, you are being foolish.

3. Dtronic

Dtronic Season ticket Holder Sec 150

Contracts don't mean anything. :lol:

4. ZOD

Yes, Ricky thought he could quit too. Now he's playing for money he owes Wayne Huyzienga. Go figure.......

5. ZOD

Chicago Sun Times - December 22, 2006:

Nick Saban says he doesn't browse the Internet.

He may have to start soon, if only to follow the persistent rumors about him and his future.

A story posted on NFL.com this week said Alabama "keeps on making runs at Saban" in an effort to convince the Miami Dolphins coach to return to college and take over in Tuscaloosa for the fired Mike Shula. The same story even said an unnamed NFL head coach said Saban is getting closer to joining the Crimson Tide.

So on Thursday, Saban -- who has tried to denounce the story about him potentially going to Alabama numerous times in recent weeks -- again, and adamantly, denied that he's headed back to the college ranks.

"I guess I have to say it," Saban said. "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach."

When the stories linking Alabama and Saban began circulating last month, almost immediately after Shula got fired following a 6-6 season, the former LSU coach said he was flattered but not interested.

He's bristled at nearly every suggestion about him leaving the Dolphins since.

"I don't know how many times I've got to respond to rumor and innuendo," Saban said. "I have no control over that. I've stated what my intentions are and they really haven't changed, so I don't know what the issue is. And I don't know why people keep asking about it."

Saban acknowledged earlier this month that Alabama approached his agent about its coaching job, but he declined an invitation to talk to the Crimson Tide.

Saban agreed to a five-year contract worth at least $22.5 million with Miami on Christmas Day 2004.

6. johngarry

johngarry "Mysterious" Super Donator Donator

son...marriage is a contract...53% of Americans these days don't see the end of it!

7. darth_stryker

darth_stryker Member

saban has to at least buy out the rest of his contract right? man i sort of feel for wayne now...he wants to win bad and he just got sideswiped by saban...he did what any good owner should do...find the coach u think is right for the job, give him control, and stay out of the way..and after only two years saban might bounce?

8. Section126

Section126 FinHeaven VIP

Divorces are really expensive.

9. ZOD

Internet tough guy?

10. themole

themole FinHeaven VIP

:lol: I didn't think that would go over very well. Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes!:evil:

11. ZOD

Stupidity such as your statement permeated this site a while back. You should have been here. It made for great fodder.

October 6, 2004:

"Steinberg declined to discuss his client's change of heart, but on Sept. 24, Williams was ordered by an arbitrator to repay more than $8.6 million to the team for breaching his contract."

12. ZOD

Help me lead the wayward souls back to sanity!

13. HiOctaneBills

HiOctaneBills You're a smelly pirate hooker!!

Ummm... Your current Offensive Coordinator! :dunce:

14. themole

themole FinHeaven VIP

There is aboslutely no hope for it! Tis better to let god sort em out.

15. ZOD

Nope they let him go. They didn't want him.

Besides that fact, Ralph don't know any good lawyers. :evil:

16. HiOctaneBills

HiOctaneBills You're a smelly pirate hooker!!

:dunce: again

Mike Mularkey submitted his resignation to the Buffalo Bills yesterday, a person familiar with discussions between the coach and the team told the Associated Press.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2006/01/13/mularkey_to_resign_as_bills_coach/

Not that i'm sad he's gone or anything.... Point is, Saban can resign anytime he feels. Just like Wannstache.

17. Muck

Muck Now completely imaginary Hammered

If he doesn't want to be here, I don't want him here.

Whether Wayne goes after Saban's money is irrelevant to me.

18. ZOD

Et Tu Brute? :sidelol:

19. ZOD

Since we are in love with this figure :dunce:

I will tell you why it is applicable to you. A resignation must be accepted by the other party in the contract. Your :dunce: Marv Levy accepted the resignation of Mike Mularkey.

My point is/was/will be that Wayne Huyzienga will not accept a resignation. Nick Saban has a contract. He can fulfill it or he will pay the piper.......

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

20. trainwreck

trainwreck ALL PAIN, NO GAIN TRAIN

He can with a buy-out..

21. Phishstix

Phishstix Finheaven's Fattest Pimp

saban will owe the org money, but bama's big money boosters will be more than happy to pay it for him.

22. fiedlerfan

fiedlerfan Well-Known Member

From the miami herald

"Saban's contract with the Dolphins has no buyout or penalty clause to prevent him from leaving before it expires.
    Although such clauses are common in contracts for college coaches, a lack of such a clause is not atypical on the NFL level because most NFL coaches don't willingly step backward to the college ranks."

Saban can leave and not owe the dolphins a penny
    LINK

23. ZOD

Armando? Not again........ :shakeno: :sidelol:

24. therealist

therealist Active Member

Saban can leave with no penalty whenever he wants. Hate to burst you're bubble. Thats what the great Wayne o agreed to. Blame him. I have heard rumors of Wayne will give a new contract to Saban in the morning. I hope not I want his *** out of here. How foolish will Wayne look to his NFL buddies when he has to give a 16-18 coach a contract raise/extension to keep him from going to a college team. Come on Wayne, let him go and lets hire a real coach!

25. therealist

therealist Active Member

Did you read the article? Or are still sticking to the fact that coaching contracts are never broken? :rolleyes2:rolleyes2

26. ZOD

Armando......

"Saban's contract with the Dolphins has no buyout or penalty clause to prevent him from leaving before it expires.

Although such clauses are common in contracts for college coaches, a lack of such a clause is not atypical on the NFL level because most NFL coaches don't willingly step backward to the college ranks.

The Dolphins late Monday were working on a revised contract for Saban to convince him to remain with the team, but had not yet presented him with that deal. Dolphins President Bryan Wiedmeier was at the team's practice facility well into the evening.

Part of that reworked contract might seek to better protect Miami's interests should another university approach Saban in the future."

I cannot believe that this is not editorialized as fact. Who would give him this information? Jimmy Sexton? I know the Dolphins wouldn't give him anything.....

27. ZOD

You may understand my post after you read this courtesy of "Flipper's Finest" -

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=30413

28. therealist

therealist Active Member

Why on earth is anyone for giving saban a raise/extension? This is crazy, he is meeting with Bama officials, stabbing our team in the back and you want him to get more money????? I'm trying to understand you're reasoning?

29. dolfan121

dolfan121 WE SHALL OVERCOME!

Former Jets coach Al Groh, took job at Virginia after ONE year as jets coach!!!

30. ZOD

Contracts are broken all of the time. Someone always has to pay for it though. I believe I made that abundantly clear in MY FIRST POST. :rolleyes2

31. therealist

therealist Active Member

As Armando has told you several times, NO ONE IS GOING TO HAVE TO PAY. NO ONE, its not that difficult, if you agree to a contract that has a clause that at any time the contract can be broken, there is no buyout. You don't have to be a lawyer to understand this.

32. Sal Lisitano

Sal Lisitano Perennial All-Pro

that's the bottom line...MUCK you are absolutely right. i don't think he really wants to be here. he does not like living in Miami...he prefers a smaller town...and IMO i think he rather coach in college...i don't think he wants to be here for all those reasons i stated and there are probably more.

Now...who do we go after?

I also wanted to wish Finheaven and all the members a Happy New Year...I've been busy this past weekend and didn't post a message but I did check this site out often.

Go Fins!!!

33. phinphanforever

phinphanforever Banned forever.... Hammered

I don't want Saban to leave and I don;t thibnk he is going but you asked whether a coach has left during a contract in his third year. Didn't Spuriier leave during a contract with the Skins?