Name your price... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Name your price...

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
With all the talk of big jake, and the market appearing to be soft and full of competition. What would be your ideal and top dollar paid to bring him back?

ideally for me it's 6 per

top dollar 7.5 per

both 4 year deals

what would you do???

My greatest fear, more so with Jake getting healthy and returning to his elite status is that it's on behalf of some other team, than of Sean Smith finally transforming elsewhere. I understand it's not the way to conduct business, but IMO, it's worth another $1mil/annum to preclude that possibility. So I'd say $8.5MM. :idk:

I think a 4 year deal with 7mill this year is fair, then increase it each year (Back loaded) with an escape clause that has little to no effect on our salary cap after this year or next if his injury woes continue.

Obviously none of us work as NFL General Managers, because we're ignoring the market.

Jake Long agent will use three things to adamant his client's price tag: his previous contract ($11'550,000/year), the 2013 franchise number for offensive linemen set this month by NFL Officials & NFLPA representatives ($9'828,000) and top average salary at the spot (Jason Peters $10'109,500/year).

All those numbers serve to justify Long's value as top OT at free agency, that should lead to put a home-discount price of $9'000,000.

That's way above of what you mentioned and the reason why Dolphins' FO is looking elsewhere. They are using Jake Long as smokescreen to drive negotiations with Winston's agent.

Obviously none of us work as NFL General Managers, because we're ignoring the market.

Jake Long agent will use three things to adamant his client's price tag: his previous contract ($11'550,000/year), the 2013 franchise number for offensive linemen set this month by NFL Officials & NFLPA representatives ($9'828,000) and top average salary at the spot (Jason Peters $10'109,500/year).

All those numbers serve to justify Long's value as top OT at free agency, that should lead to put a home-discount price of $9'000,000.

That's way above of what you mentioned and the reason why Dolphins' FO is looking elsewhere. They are using Jake Long as smokescreen to drive negotiations with Winston's agent.
Those negotiating points are only valid if your player is viewed as a potential top OT by other teams. No one sees him that way now, so it's a moot point.

I would take Eric Winston over Jake Long for $3m less all day.

I honestly think Jake long will be somewhere else next season. Neither party seems like they're interested in eachother

dont think jake will stay for the $ you guys have put out there.for some reason i think he will wait it out and try FA

Back
Top Bottom