Nate burleson | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

I don't know man very questionable moves so far I mean honestly besides Brandon Albert, and maybe knowshawn, very questionable free agency so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? Not questionable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Eh.....

I think Nate has enough in the tank to be a 5/6 WR.

Better question is can he contribute on ST. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews top 4 are locked up IMO, so unless season ending injuries happen (again) doubt he would see the field much.

this teams not keeping 6 wrs...this dudes washed up...only value is specials...what's with us and detroits cast offs

I think this is a fact finding mission and might mean Gibson is not as far as long as possible.

I have seen people on Twitter speculate that this means one of the current guys could be traded/released and even Armando says that this smells like something else is happening.

But if the plan is to replace any of the top four(Wallace, Hartline, Gibson, Matthews) with Burleson, it is a downgrade. That better not be the plan.

I would have to believe Gibson or Matthews as Hartline is Tannehill's security blanket and I just can't see a way they get out from under Wallace's contract until next year at the earliest.

Here is a crazy thought, just off the wall. What if they feel Hartline is actually hampering Tannehill's growth? It's hard to deny that when Tannehill starts to get a little flustered (not always pressure, but sees a different coverage) he quickly looks to Hartline and doesn't give the play time to develop?

My feeling is Gibson could be the odd guy out and they move Hartline to the slot though.

what else has detroit cut for being washed up or hurt all the time...i'm sure we will sign it

nate burleson is a corpse

Really? Not questionable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

For real. Knowshon is an excellent signing. Good receiver and pass protector and very cheap. Only questionable move was Finnegan because of the money

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

what else has detroit cut for being washed up or hurt all the time...i'm sure we will sign it

Fox looks like a quality signing to me. Good talent cheap. Injury prone yes but we took a chance

Barring injury, it's doubtful any of the WRs signed this week will even make the team.
IMO, this doesn't mean there are any deals in the works, we need all these guys and more

Simply put another wide out for us and most importantly, A VETERAN presence in the locker room. Think we need that? Don't you?

So we pick up a back up OT from the Lions and visit with one receiver and we are picking up "every ex Lion out there"...OK.

Funny thing about these forums, everyone here thinks their way of thinking is the ONLY way to think. That is why these forums are what they are and what they are supposed to be, a way for everyone to voice their opinions and express their concerns and ideas. But please everyone don't think this gives you the right to bash or ridicule anyone else's views. Just because someone may be far from what you think or believe doesn't make them wrong, so please quit be juvenile and making some of the crazy comments that are totally off base. You show your maturity when you do this. LOL, why can't we all just get along?

The trend I'm seeing is if a unit is lacking vet leadership, we are adding it.

0ffensive line-Albert
Backfield-Moreno
Wr- Possibly Burleson
DB's-We already had Grimes but added a more vocal leader in Delmas.
LB's--We tried to add Dquell Jackson

We are okay at DL with Starks and Wake.

Just what I'm seeing

They are likely brought in to compete and get us to a camp number of about 80. We do have need to a big WR/TE that can block and bust the seams because some of Tannehills sacks were a result of lack of separation and blocking from receivers.

First and foremost, he's visiting right now and hasn't signed.

Now as for why we are looking at him, Burleson is known as one of the highest character guys in the league and is known as a great leader. Whether you feel BullyGate was overblown or not (and we've talked about that for so long it's not worth bringing it back) the consensus among everybody seems to be that the locker room lacked leaders. While I don't always agree with Omar Kelly, he constantly says "Leaders step up, you can't just make somebody a leader." And that's a common theme with all of our signings for the most part; hard working guys that are leaders in the locker room.

Now that being said, I do think we need another WR, but Burleson to me is not that guy. IMO We need that bigger guy that can win jump balls and out muscle defenders.

Veteran presence in the locker room and a good influence on our receivers. Move on, nothing to see here.

Back
Top Bottom