Nate burleson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Nate burleson

Veteran presence in the locker room and a good influence on our receivers. Move on, nothing to see here.

Sorry not that simple, the receiving corps is already a full house. If he comes in, someone is out...

We need to put in his contract that he is forbidden from carrying-out pizza.

Sorry not that simple, the receiving corps is already a full house. If he comes in, someone is out...

How do you figure. We will pay him peanuts if we do sign him. You need around 12 WRs for training camp

How do you figure. We will pay him peanuts if we do sign him. You need around 12 WRs for training camp

If you are just bringing him in for camp, then it's a waste. Bring in young guys who can may thier mark on special teams. If you are bringing him in for his leadership then they expect him to be on the roster and if he's not expected to be on the roster not sure who will really listen to him anyway.

I think we're trying to read way too much into this. In camp we need bodies, we signed a young guy (Cone) yesterday, today maybe add a vet to insure against slow injury recoveries or future injuries. It's impossible to know what kinds of things will happen, injuries, in August and September, and this just gives the team more latitude in case of problems. I think Hickey is just trying to add solid football players with high character to the team and let them fight it out. Now, if Burleson gets some kind of real signing money, then that will change things, but I bet it's a low range contract with nothing guaranteed. Nothing would be worse than, say, Hartline and Gibson aren't quite right come Week 1 and Wallace has a strained groin, and our starting receivers for the first couple of weeks are Binns, Matthews, and some undrafted rookie from Georgia State that we hope can make an impact. Been down that road too many times.
For those of us who remember the day Ricky "retired" in 2004, what complicated the issue wasn't just that Ricky walked away, but that Wannstedt and crew put all their eggs in the Ricky Williams basket. They didn't even prepare for the possibility that he could have gotten injured, sprained an ankle, broke a toe. They had NOTHING waiting ready to go, so if you recall, Spielman went trading away picks desperately to find someone to carry the ball. Hickey is just covering the team's *##. I think it's smart. The ONLY issue I have with Hickey's work is that he is sure bringing in a lot of guys (Albert, Delmas, Finnegan, Fox, now Burleson) with well-documented histories of injury problems. That I don't get. We railed on Ireland for drafting guys last year with injury problems, so that one thing alone concerns me. Otherwise, I'm down with what Hickey has been doing.

My take on all these receivers coming in is that Hickey is trying to find receivers more like Hartline who have chemistry with Tannehill. Guys he can click with immediately.

If you are just bringing him in for camp, then it's a waste. Bring in young guys who can may thier mark on special teams. If you are bringing him in for his leadership then they expect him to be on the roster and if he's not expected to be on the roster not sure who will really listen to him anyway.

Just to much common sense for FH.

I
This is a more curious visit than any of the other ones so far. He will be 33 this season and is not a tall WR like I figured they would mostly be looking for right now. Plus is in the downside of his career. With Wallace, Hartline, Gibson and Matthews pretty much locked into the roster, not sure I understand the Burleson interest.

It is simple as Hickey said he is looking to get the best 53 he can. So he is doing what BB would di in panzy patriot land. Get as many good players in as you can and see what happens. It is not like Miami is overstocked in WRs...

Nate is a good football player yet at the end of his career. I dont think anyone is getting traded. I think your brining Nate in to compete with Gibson / Mathews. remember these are not Hickeys guys. They are Ireland guys and just becaue they showed some production Hickey does not not put stock in them until he sees it under his watch.

I suspect Nate brings leadership and Comp. Best of both. I also don't know why so may people think the top 4 is a lock. I don't. I like all 4 players but I dont think they are a lock like may others. there is a lock at #1 / #2. 3 and 4 is up for grabs.

delmas fox and now this bum if we sign him...what a bunch of idiots

That is true Delmas is a Lion as well. I do not see this as a big deal as factoid finding mission.

Delmas played in every game last year i know hes a injury risk but hes a playmaker and was cheap

delmas fox and now this bum if we sign him...what a bunch of idiots

It's hard for me to be down on the Fox signing since he is a talented player when healthy and it's possible he can stay healthy. Delmas though, yeah. That's one I'm not a fan of.

Back
Top Bottom