NBA cancels first 2 weeks of season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA cancels first 2 weeks of season

DisturbedShifty

Peace out
Reaction score
NEW YORK -- Two weeks of the NBA season are gone and more are in jeopardy because of what commissioner David Stern calls "the gulf that separates us" in labor negotiations.Sticking to his deadline, Stern wiped out the first two weeks of the season -- exactly 100 games -- after more than seven hours of negotiations failed to produce a new labor deal and preserve the Nov. 1 season openers.
The cancellations mark the NBA's first work stoppage since the 1998-99 season was reduced to 50 games.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7085089/nba-labor-david-stern-cancels-first-two-weeks-nba-season

I'm big big basketball fan but knowing this - it's going to be ugly as the weeks goes by...

****ing sucks for people like me. Baseball is over. Dolphins and Hurricanes seasons might as well be over.

We need Heat basketball right now.

:(

****ing sucks for people like me. Baseball is over. Dolphins and Hurricanes seasons might as well be over.

We need Heat basketball right now.

:(

I feel your pain bro....I have the EXACT same feeling...this blows big time

I can't imagine not watching the Mavs and Knicks this season :tantrum:

No Knicks basketball... Well, I got alternatives. And it's not college basketball.

No great loss....after the initial euphoria wears off does anyone really watch NBA basketball till christmas time? Lets just start the season on Dec 25 with the Lakers vs Heat.

Back
Top Bottom