NBA Draft Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Aqua and Orange, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

Is anyone watching this tonight?

As I live in the NYC/NJ area, I'm a beleaguered Knicks fan. Would love to see us draft whomever is available between Okafor, Towns, and Mudiay...but you KNOW that won't happen as the Knicks are cursed.

2. Sons Of Shula

Sons Of Shula not a dull boy Hammered Super Donator Finheaven VIP Donator

3. I am Bane

I am Bane BAKLAVA

i hate the NBA... but love my college hoops, and this years draft can be interesting where some of these kids go... so i am going to keep my eye on it. there are a bunch of kids i am intrigued where they'll be drafted.

i really dont follow NBA otherwise, but i know whats going on.... actually listening to Dan Patrick show right now where they discussing the draft and such.

Still my favorite draft recently was where Stephen curry got passed on by many teams, especially for my SU boy Flynn (whom i could of told you wasnt going to be great) ... i knew Curry was going to be an amazing player.. .been calling it since his freshman year at Davidson.

D'Angelo Russell??? where he gonna go? RJ Hunter is interesting too. i am also intrigued on Pat Caunighton from ND, what his draft wil lend up being, and if baseball is in his future... whats gonna kick there???

4. I am Bane

I am Bane BAKLAVA

UPROAR!!!

my boy D'Angelo Russell just went second to the Lakers!!! wow... lets see if he really can control the court and lead the team in every aspect!!! Okafor moving on.

and 1st pick Karl Towns-Anthony is such a great kid, great personality!!! good to see him go #1!!!

Knicks gotta be crossing their fingers and licking their chops

5. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

We will probably trade our pick for a player. Don't need no rookies.

6. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

****. I wanted Okafor on the Knicks badly, probably going to have to settle for Mudiay

7. I am Bane

I am Bane BAKLAVA

Welcome to America Porzingis.... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NYers just really make people feel so welcome and wanted. good god, poor kid

but also LOL

8. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

The Knicks fans' reactions were hilarious.

9. mrhankey81701

mrhankey81701 A True Fan

Great pick by the Heat. They draft a top 5 player that fell because of concerns over his lack of shooting. He can develop easily develop that part of his game.

Amazing that Pat Riley stays still and watches an elite talent fall into his lap because of the stupidity of teams ahead of him

10. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

Heat may have got a steal down the road, but I don't think he's the impact player some make him out to be right away.

But this draft is wide open because you have a lot of guys who are maybes but no surefire

11. Gonzo

Gonzo Widerstand Administrator Finheaven VIP Donator

Great pick by the Heat and very happy with my Suns's pick as well.

12. fishfanmiami

fishfanmiami Have you seen junior's grades ? Moderator Finheaven VIP

Hopefully he'll eventually replace Deng but minutes are hard to find for a Heat rookie. At least they have been in the past.
    We don't usually have a draft pick this early so maybe he'll be an exception.

13. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

Love the pick. Man if we can keep everyone healthy, this team could be scary.

14. Mike13

Mike13 I am a golden god

If you're looking for Justise you've come to the right place.

15. Buddwalk

Buddwalk The Jukebox Hero

Heat got a steal in Winslow who might end up being one of the better two way players in the league in a couple of years. As a hornets fan however im disappointed not in the fact that I dont think Kaminsky will be a great player but passing on winslow for him was a mistake. Knicks sure did botch this draft once again, why pick a guy thats gonna take 3-5 years to really pay off when Melo may not have that much time in his prime smh. I thought they made up for it a little bit by getting Jerian Grant who is a good fit for the triangle.

16. Aqua and Orange

Aqua and Orange Poster With A Porpoise Finheaven VIP Donator

I'm actually quite happy with the Knicks draft for once. They drafted for the future and are now going to use free agency for the short term. Melo sounds like he isn't happy but he has the IQ of a rock so that only makes me feel more confident this was a good thing for the team.

Now onto free agency. Going to be an exciting one with a lot of players potentially switching teams.

17. Buddwalk

Buddwalk The Jukebox Hero

that poor draft choice has scared off many free agents because of the build for the future approach

18. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Thread is old but I didn't feel like making another one.

What do people think the Celtics do? It's weird saying they're in a tough spot with the best record in the East and the top pick ... but they are. It's obvious no one can stop what the NBA allowed Cleveland and Golden State to morph into - after nixing the Chris Paul to LA trade for supposedly this exact reason - but the Celtics think they might be able to bridge the gap. With how they got handled in the eastern finals, they might be more than a player or 2 away.

They're loaded at guard and the 2 best college players happen to be guards. Do they trade the pick, reach for Tatum, Isaac or Jackson, or draft Fultz and rework the G position?

Trading the pick is probably the smartest move but won't get them over the top - which is the next step. They traded picks and players for years just to get where they're at now and aren't about to work backwards. It'll be interesting to see what other teams offer but IDK that I see that happening.

Ball is an impending nightmare and has refused to work out with the C's because daddy wants his brand in LA. All I need to know right there. Fultz is the guy. Who do you get rid of if they go that route? Thomas isn't going anywhere. Bradley has come into his own but has durability and streakiness issues. Great defender though. Smart is another great defender but I won't ever trust that shot. Rozier hasn't developed enough to get anything for him - but is growing to be the player they envisioned when he was drafted. His value might be remaining with the team and continuing to develop behind a deep stable of Gs. Gotta get rid of 1 - more likely 2 - to make sense of drafting another G 1 overall. Not to mention agents rallying against Boston because of minute worries with how deep they are at G. There are issues.

Then you have Tatum, Isaac, and Jackson. All big, willing defenders with offensive questions. I don't like this idea to even entertain the thought so I'll leave it at that.

What do they do? What's the best way to catch the Warriors and Cavs? Should they go all in or continue to play it smart until the opportunity presents itself? They picked a really ****ty time to be contenders, that's for sure. Thoughts?

19. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

All I know is that whomever the Knicks pick will be ruined by Phil "****tard!" Jackson. He is the bane of my basketball existence.

20. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

I don't know what he was thinking going there. How do I ruin my legacy while pissing off an entire city? I'll go coach the Knicks ...

21. Buddy

Buddy Right Wing Nut Job Moderator Finheaven VIP

I swear that he drove a dagger into our hearts coaching in Chicago, now he's come to N.Y. to finish the job. I hate that MF and was pissed when they hired him. I want to kick him and his triangle offense right in the nuts. He's pissed everyone on the team off that has any talent whatsoever and no one worth a **** will want to play there. Thanks *******!

22. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

It's sad for me. I was a big MJ fan - even though he abused my celts - so seeing a former genius of the game flounder doesn't sit right. It's kind of like when Gibbs came back and the game had clearly passed him by. Just stay retired fellas and keep that legacy intact.