NBA...officiating | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NBA...officiating

brech10

Keyser Soze
Reaction score
No sport has such an incredible difference in the rules of the game at the professional level as it compares to the rules on every other level like basketball does. Based on the basic rules of the game....traveling is now basically legal in the NBA. The NBA has for years tried change rules of an already great game (i.e. illegal defense, shortened shot clock, 8 second half court violation, no 5 second violation, halo around the basket, 1 shot technicals, and much more). But all of the traveling that goes on in the playoffs is getting out of control. Is anyone else starting to get disgusted with the way these games are being played out and how the basic rules of the game no longer apply to this league.

The NBA is an All-Star based league. You have no name, you get no calls. First of all, before I say this: Jermaine O'Neal is my favorite player outside of the Heat. But to be realistic, you TOUCH him in the paint and he's going to the line. It's ridiculous. I saw Melo and Wade take it to the rack all year and get ABUSED. Rarely do they get calls. Chris Bosh somehow always gets 10 hands ON his face, he gets no calls. Yet LeBron(the future league b*tch) gets all the calls in the world. It's amazing what a name can get you in the NBA. They WANT you to succeed.

The NBA is shameless...I grew up watching the 80's battles of Lakers-Celtics-76'ers-Pistons. And I do not recall analyst or commentators ranting about bad or no calls. I am sure it happen, but not on every game situation.
IMO....I think the special rules for speical players started with MJ. I am not taking any thing away from the best player the league has yet seen. However, if one guy is so good...why would he need help from refs.
The Jordan rules now have moved on to the stars of today. I have seen Kobe take 4 steps, Shaq bulldoze, and J. O'Neal hack. I followed the Heats amazing run, but I now will not watch the shameless NBA.
BTW..MLB is not far behind...certian batters get smaller strike zones and certian pitchers get bigger strike zones.

ThunderCane said:
The NBA is shameless...I grew up watching the 80's battles of Lakers-Celtics-76'ers-Pistons. And I do not recall analyst or commentators ranting about bad or no calls. I am sure it happen, but not on every game situation.
IMO....I think the special rules for speical players started with MJ. I am not taking any thing away from the best player the league has yet seen. However, if one guy is so good...why would he need help from refs.
The Jordan rules now have moved on to the stars of today. I have seen Kobe take 4 steps, Shaq bulldoze, and J. O'Neal hack. I followed the Heats amazing run, but I now will not watch the shameless NBA.
BTW..MLB is not far behind...certian batters get smaller strike zones and certian pitchers get bigger strike zones.

I grew up watching those great 80s battles as well and as long as I've been watching basketball the stars have always gotten the benefit of the doubt w/ calls. Magic, Bird, Dr. J- they all got the benefit of the doubt, just check one of their games the next time they show them on ESPN Classic.

I remember when Zo was playing(lol not too long ago) in his hayday with the Heat in 99-00 and he used to get called on all the time and he didnt even have to to touch the player he "fouled". But with the Knicks, most of them did worse than Zo and they didnt get called most of the time. Sometimes it even applies to teams like the Lakers and late-90's Knicks.

I watched Mike & Mike on ESPNEWS this morning and they talked about a retired ref that recently spoke openly about how refs spoke open before games try to keep away from calling fould on big ticket stars.
The NBA denies it and said it would be a "felony" if this was done.
Call up the law and head to Sterns office and arrest his azz. LOL

Back
Top Bottom