nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

nba playoffs round 2 discussion thread...

hoops

Tua time!
Reaction score
surprised i didn't see a general nba playoffs thread figured i'd start one where we can discuss the round 2 matchups and games...some juicy ones at that

I can't wait to see the Sixers-Celtics matchup. That should be a lot better than what most people are saying.

Can't wait for Sunday at 3:30PM.

Holy hell....Frank Vogel calling the Heat "flop artists" lol.

Way to make the 305 boys angry, you idiot.

We are going to jackhammer their doodoo holes in this series now.

Can't wait for Sunday at 3:30PM.

Holy hell....Frank Vogel calling the Heat "flop artists" lol.

Way to make the 305 boys angry, you idiot.

We are going to jackhammer their doodoo holes in this series now.
I couldn't believe that when I heard it. It's not like they were going to have enough trouble with the Heat as it is.

The Pacers actually match up very well with us. I really feel like the Pacers could give us a run, but they're young and apparently dumb. I don't know if Vogel is trying to hype the team up by taking cheap shots at the Heat but I think it's going to backfire. We toyed with the Knicks.

It's time to get down to business.

12 to go.

Trophy needs a tan.

The Pacers actually match up very well with us. I really feel like the Pacers could give us a run, but they're young and apparently dumb. I don't know if Vogel is trying to hype the team up by taking cheap shots at the Heat but I think it's going to backfire. We toyed with the Knicks.

It's time to get down to business.

12 to go.

Trophy needs a tan.
The Pacers are a tough all around team. I'm really interested to see how they match up. I still think the Heat will win the series, but I can see it going 6 games.

I don't see the Pacers posing much of a threat unless the Heat fall asleep. If Hibbert played like a guy that is 7'2 280 lbs then maybe they could cause problems but he doesn't. West is the biggest concern....the rest of them just shoot jumpers.

I don't think the Heat will have much difficulty shutting them down, especially if they stick with Hill at the point. The Pacers will need Granger to channel his inner 'Melo and I don't think he has it in him. Lebron has thoroughly dominated in their matchups this season.

i think pacers heat could go 6... roy hibbert is another big who plays too soft and i agree that the rest of the guys are pretty much jump shooters...indianas gonna have a much tougher time getting good looks against the heat than they did the magic...all depends on if they can shoot a high percentage with contested looks if its to go 6 even

celtics 6ers i'm sticking with my c's in 7...i can see the 6ers taking one of the opening two in boston feeling great about themselves and then going home and giving one back...its at least a 6 game series no doubt in my mind...we'll struggle with the 6ers young legs and athleticism but at least there won't be any 2nd game of back to back nighters the c's have to deal with unlike all three regular season matchups...

well there's one game for my boys...6ers better get game 2 cause i'm betting my boys get one in philly...if the 6ers want to keep putting evan turner on rondo rondo has got to take the ball to the cup and create...turner can't stay with rondo...the 6ers are athletic enough where they will collapse and not give up the lay up but there will be plenty of kick out opportunities for uncontested jumpers...brandon bass with a bad shooting night...he usually cans those 15 footers...

iggy can take some bad shots thats for sure and thadeus young is a serious quickness in the paint and off the dribble mismatch for our bigs...can't defend a paper bag though which is why collins has to limit his minutes...still collins has to find ways to get him on the court more

as for tonight game 7 not sure which i'd rather see...lakers go out in round 1 to the nuggets or lakers have to run the floor with that young ok city break neck pace...either ones just fine for me...ha ha

how the heck does ty lawson last into the 20's in the draft??? i know why he lacks nba prototype height at the point the nba loves height and athleticism...anyways that cats quick as a hiccup he's easily one of the fastest baseline to baseline pgs in the league...

harrington defending gasol once faried got in foul trouble should be straight up easy money...all day long...but gasols so damn overrated its not funny...i have no idea why people think that guys a top level big...i guess the leagues just loaded with bad bigs if thats the case...faried while undersized can play for me anyday...he's all effort every play and he COMPETES...gallinari i'd ship that buttercup back to wherever he came from that guy plays the game like a girl...

kobe way more willing to play through his teammates in the first half than i expected...he's given his teammates every chance to step up...saving his energy in case its needed for the second half no doubt...

javale mcgees athletic as hell and also out of control as hell...

People wondered if Lawson could get his jumper off with that slow release, if he could defend anyone on this level, and what kind of passes hes capable of making. I watched every game of his at Carolina and wondered the same things. The kid works at it though.....Felton had twice his talent but never put the work in.

I wanna see a Memphis/SA rematch......they are so much better as a team than the Clippers, but its been brutally obvious who the best player on the court is. I don't think the Spurs will be as effective as the Clippers have been at denying the post entry. And Zach's eyes should light up every time he sees Boris Diaw in that starting lineup.

People wondered if Lawson could get his jumper off with that slow release, if he could defend anyone on this level, and what kind of passes hes capable of making. I watched every game of his at Carolina and wondered the same things. The kid works at it though.....Felton had twice his talent but never put the work in.

I wanna see a Memphis/SA rematch......they are so much better as a team than the Clippers, but its been brutally obvious who the best player on the court is. I don't think the Spurs will be as effective as the Clippers have been at denying the post entry. And Zach's eyes should light up every time he sees Boris Diaw in that starting lineup.
Nah neither the spurs nore grizzlies are the same team as last year..grizzlies would have no doubt gotten smashed.besides Diaw wouldn't have been the only way the spurs would have defended zach.

Shame the Grizzlies blew that series.....should have had that thing wrapped up in 6 games.

The Clippers have found themselves a hell of a defensive lineup though. Put Beldsoe out there with Butler, Martin and Evans and for a while I thought I was looking at the Bulls' second unit.

Not looking forward to watching the flop king Chris Paul this series. That guy's face annoys the piss out of me.

Not looking forward to watching the flop king Chris Paul this series. That guy's face annoys the piss out of me.

you can add dwayne wade to the all flop list...guy can't take a shot anymore without going to ground...its quite rediculous...off the dribble drive he'll even kick guys in the midsection and still get calls...

Back
Top Bottom