NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

Some Deja Vu? Canes got put on probation when Butch got hired could be the same for Golden..I think it actually helped Miami's program.

Coming from a butthurt felon who's desperate for money. He better have rock solid evidence because his credibility is as low as it gets.

Nothing will come of this. Miami and the NCAA have been working together on these allegations for a year now. Also, Paul Dee is the head of the NCAA infractions committee. Paul Dee was the AD at Miami at the time these supposed allegations happened.

What we have here is a butthurt, lying, con artist desperate for attention and money to pay off his massive bills. The guy swindled investors out 1 billion dollars. He's serving 20 years in a federal prison for it. He has no credibility. He's trying to sell a tell all book to help pay for the massive amount of money he owes. Nobody is interested in publishing the book, and if someone did, it would backfire on Shapiro in the form of defamation lawsuits. He claims he has evidence, but I'm not sure how any of the things he claims as evidence, are really evidence. Anybody can take a receipt of something they bought and claimed they gave it to someone. About the only evidence I imagine he'll have is players taking a ride on his yacht, or attending one his many parties.

Not only is the guy willing to lie for personal gain, he's doing it for revenge. The guy wanted to be somebody within the Miami football program. However, nobody wanted anything to do with the guy. Randy Shannon ran him off. I'd say it's a given that some players took some benefits, but it was minor stuff like yacht rides, parties, free meals, free suits. This also happened behind the schools back, and the coaching staff told this guy to stay away. It's not just the athletic program that Shapiro is butthurt about either, it's the whole university. He had a lounge named in his honor, they stripped his name from it after his conviction. They took all the money he donated and gave back to the people he stole it from. They completely turned their back on him.

To sum it all up, all of these allegations are about 90% lie, 10% truth based on a felon with a 20 year sentence trying to get money, attention, and a shortened prison sentence. Miami will get hit with a slap on the wrist, if anything at all. Not just because of the allegations and the guy doing the accusing, but because this doesn't involve any staff of the Miami Hurricanes, and our full cooperation with the NCAA for a year now. Our ties to Paul Dee can't hurt either.

hypocrite cane fans will still refer to FSU as free shoes U tho.....

Because Miami has been found guilty of something. Worry about your own university which is going to have NCAA problems of its own soon enough. Real ones at that.

The University of Miami Athletic Department has conducted ongoing Internal investigations into the allegations being made by convicted Ponzi schemer Nevin Shapiro over the past 12 months and has not been able to find legitimacy to any of them. The conclusion is that the charges are either fabricated or individuals are refusing to admit to them or a combination of both.
There has been ongoing dialog with the NCAA Enforcement office on the issue throughout the year and extensive documentation of the internal investigations also has been provided. So NCAA investigators who reportedly checked into town on Monday to ask some questions of their own were not starting from scratch as new reports came to light that Shapiro is now claiming to have entertained players on his yacht and to have bought them gifts such as suits and jewelry.
Miami also has provided the NCAA with extensive documentation on the programs it has in place to educate athletes on NCAA rules that include relationships with boosters in an effort to show that its compliance department is fully committed to institutional control.

and lets hear about the big problems florida state is gonna be in, spin master!

Jimbo Fisher learned from the best. Bobby Bowden and Les Miles. Best cheaters that is. I'm sure Terry Bowden wasn't too clean himself. Runs in the family I guess. Can't forget Nick Saban either, who Jimbo accused himself of cheating. Teams who have been irrelevant since the 90s don't miraculously pull in top recruits. Hence why FSU was caught cheating in 2009.

Back
Top Bottom