NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA eyes booster's claims Miami players took cash

The die-hard Canes fans who think this is no big deal and everyone is cheating so whatever.... have no clue! This is going to be the biggest thing since SMU. The NCAA needs to send a message and timing is everything and Miami just walked into a land-mine.

73 paid players in nine years?

**** the arrogant arse "U" in a variety of *******s!

... This is more than a symptom of what's wrong with college football - this is a root cause!

Frankly, I'd be fine with the SMU-treatment in this case.

Your starting to sound like a jets fan arguing with fins fan because the U is just as popular as the fins on here.

Yeah, another thing ...

To those who keep trumpeting the fact that they reported themselves last year for this ... Where exactly was the "University" back during the NINE years when it was occurring?

Try to close the barn door after the horse escaped years ago, much? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Your starting to sound like a jets fan arguing with fins fan because the U is just as popular as the fins on here.

I'm only gonna tell you this once.

NEVER, EVER call me that again!!!

This is a Miami Dolphins website, not a Miami Hurricanes website. We have a HUGE variety of college teams represented here.

I'm only gonna tell you this once.

NEVER, EVER call me that again!!!

This is a Miami Dolphins website, not a Miami Hurricanes website. We have a HUGE variety of college teams represented here.

Yes, there is nothing worse than being called a Jets fan. That is completely unacceptable and should result in a ban. Everyone knows there is nothing lower than a filthy, no good, jets fan. Call me whatever you want, but under no circumstances call me a jets fan.

And the ACC does completely ****ing blow. Horrible football conference.

Actually no, everyone doesn't cheat. It's the "casual" college football fans that have this perception. Collegiate athletics have gone from an image concern, to a full blown image crisis... and posts like yours only prove it.

Alabama has the best compliance department in the country, and Nick Saban has run a squeaky clean program everywhere he's been.

And you're completely delusional. If you recruit a certain kind of athlete you know there is baggage included, and I don't see how that doesn't make you complicit. All these coaches want to claim ignorance, but they know exactly what they're getting themselves involved with. You go spend a day on campus and walk around the athlete dorms. Do a quick straw poll......add up all the cars worth 50k+ and figure out what percentage of them are owned by broke *** football players. Then come tell me your beloved football program is clean.

Everyone knows. Its only the idiot fans that choose to worship their little demigods that manage to put the blinders on. These guys are professional athletes the minute they step onto the campus of one of these high major schools, they know it and so does everyone else. The earning potential of the elite athletes is extremely high and their base income extremely low, and there are always going to be people willing to take advantage of that.

Actually no, everyone doesn't cheat. It's the "casual" college football fans that have this perception. Collegiate athletics have gone from an image concern, to a full blown image crisis... and posts like yours only prove it.

Alabama has the best compliance department in the country, and Nick Saban has run a squeaky clean program everywhere he's been.

Every program in this country is ONE rogue booster from being labeled "cheaters". That doesn't always equate to the program cheating, they're just the one's that get punished because the system is broken... and nobody has any power over the culprits to punish them.

This situation with Miami, and situations like Butch Davis/John Blake, and situations like Auburn and their BOT's are different because you actually have coaches and regents involved.

I don't believe there's an "innocent" program in the country... anywhere. However, there's a BIG difference between rule bending here and there, and flat out lack of institutional control and blatant cheating.

Alabama has the "best" everything in the country. They have never done anything wrong and you are the one to make sure everyone knows that. Your bias is so transparent it's not even funny.

Every program in this country is ONE rogue booster from being labeled "cheaters". That doesn't always equate to the program cheating, they're just the one's that get punished because the system is broken... and nobody has any power over the culprits to punish them.

This situation with Miami, and situations like Butch Davis/John Blake, and situations like Auburn and their BOT's are different because you actually have coaches and regents involved.

I don't believe there's an "innocent" program in the country... anywhere. However, there's a BIG difference between rule bending here and there, and flat out lack of institutional control and blatant cheating.

Hold on now Dr. Slimm. Dont act like Im being naive here. Youre the one being naive if you believe what youre saying. Just because a coach dosent "know" about his players getting paid, does not mean he is running a squeaky clean program or that the school isnt cheating. C'mon man. I hate to tell you this, but,..............GET REAL!

You and I both know that each and every school has boosters responsible for distributing the cash, gifts, and perks to the players. Thats how it works.

What was so disgusting about the case with the U is that some of the coaches and administration were personally involved in the cheating.

What they are supposed to do is the ole turn a blind eye to it. In other words, they know its going on without "knowing" its going on. Its all purposely done behind their backs. Its almost like how a lot of the mafia works.

The coaches go out recruiting and they give the kids and the parents the football program speil.(I dont know how to ****ing spell schpiel or what the **** ever it is) Thats all they are responsible for. Running the program. Later, or even before, is when the people in charge of the financial parts come into play. They will get the offers out to the kids and in a lot of cases the parents.

The coaches know that a big part of whether they get certain kids or not relies on how much money they are offered from what you would like to call these "rouge" boosters compared to how much other schools have offered them. They ****ing know it.

All the coaches do is make sure they dont know who the money is coming from or how the **** it is getting distributed. That way they never have to lie when asked about it. Thats all. Its real simple. This also keeps them from being asked why they didnt do anything about it. Because they didnt ****ing "know". They simply dont want to know. They know its happening and how the system works, but they bury their heads in the sand on purpose. The last thing they want to know is who is paying who and how. They just want to coach the team.

I hate that I used Saban as an example, but its not anything that dosent happen at every major program. Kids from broke families who need money are getting paid. Period. Some of them are straight up to the highest bidder like Cam Newton. Im sure a lot of programs didnt even want to touch him because they felt it would be too dangerous considering the amount his father was asking for and how obvious he was being about it.

So yea, all of them cheat. If you dont want to call a coach a cheater just because he makes sure he never gets any information about whats really going on even though he ****ing knows how **** works, then fine. Youre just twisting words to spin some bogus reality about college football.

But, there is nothing the coaches can do about it. Their hands are tied. First of all, he knows he cant win unless he lets that **** happen and secondly he cant go digging to find out whos getting paid and from where. That would get him fired. No college program would touch him after that either. It would be career suicide. He cant rat out his own school or even attempt to find out where the money is coming from. A guy like that could **** up the whole system. He might get himself killed.

Btw, I totally agree with the last two paragraphs of yours in the post I quoted. Big difference for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alabama has the "best" everything in the country. They have never done anything wrong and you are the one to make sure everyone knows that. Your bias is so transparent it's not even funny.

Not necessarily defending Bama, but it would seem like someone's butthurt because their favorite "elite" program got caught for the very reason their arrogant arses became "elite" :lol:

And you're completely delusional. If you recruit a certain kind of athlete you know there is baggage included, and I don't see how that doesn't make you complicit. All these coaches want to claim ignorance, but they know exactly what they're getting themselves involved with. You go spend a day on campus and walk around the athlete dorms. Do a quick straw poll......add up all the cars worth 50k+ and figure out what percentage of them are owned by broke *** football players. Then come tell me your beloved football program is clean.

Everyone knows. Its only the idiot fans that choose to worship their little demigods that manage to put the blinders on. These guys are professional athletes the minute they step onto the campus of one of these high major schools, they know it and so does everyone else. The earning potential of the elite athletes is extremely high and their base income extremely low, and there are always going to be people willing to take advantage of that.

You're clueless loudmouth.. I can guarantee I've spent more time in college doorms, on a practice field, in university parking lots, at high school football games on Friday nights, and coaching recruits at quarterback camps than you ever will in your life.

How many times have you wandered on campus in Tuscaloosa? Baton Rouge? In Lansing, Michigan? Do you have proof that anybody playing for Nick Saban is driving 50k vehicles?

I know kids on campus right now that don't even have a drivers license. Who has Saban recruited that can't read? Speak intelligently? Or factor a polynomial?

They're NOT professional athletes, and that's the point. If a recruit doesn't have the grades to get in, that's why they're sent to JUCO.... the way Terrance Cody, Dequan Menzie, and several, several more were before they were allowed to step foot on campus in Tuscaloosa.

Hell, Saban could've had DeAndre Brown right along side of Julio Jones in the same recruiting class... but Brown didn't have the grades to be accepted, Julio did. That's why Saban declined Brown an offer and he went to Southern Miss.

You don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about... just because Terrell Pryor is driving around in a sports car doesn't mean everybody is. Furthermore, Alabama doesn't even recruit in south Florida where all this mess is centralized... look at Auburn, LSU, etc.. THEY are the one's recruiting south Florida.... and THEY are the one's that are constantly tied to every recruiting violation that hits the waves.

Those suits Julio was wearing? You can get 3 of 'em for $99 at T-Town MensWear... Mark Ingram's family is fairly well off... his father played in the NFL, remember?

But, there is nothing the coaches can do about it. Their hands are tied. First of all, he knows he cant win unless he lets that **** happen and secondly he cant go digging to find out whos getting paid and from where. That would get him fired.

There is something he can do. He can not recruit the players he knows are involved with street agents or shady boosters or whatever. There are plenty of programs out there that win without the help of cash in pockets. Maybe you can't compete for a title without players of that talent level, but you can win games, entertain fans, and build a great institution.

Slimm, I cant speak for Bama's program because I have never even been to Tuscaloosa. But, I went to WVU and lived in Morgantown for 4 years. I can tell you right now at least 5 players that were violating rules and the college was somehow aiding them.

I know 2 guys who spent quite a great deal of money(at least a great deal for them) on a certain substance. And Im not talking about cheap ****. They would come to a dudes house at least twice a week and purchase a quantity that was along the lines of personal use for 2-6 people. So unless they were selling about 2/3 of the substance at a high price and breaking even or not using the product and just selling it, there is simply no way these guys could afford that unless someone was giving them money. From talking to them, I highly doubt it was their parents money. Also, if they were selling it and not using it, it seems they wouldve purchased a lot more at a time instead of coming back sometimes twice in a night and like I say usually twice a week.

I also had a roomate who tutored a player. The guy could barely read and write. I read one of his papers. Unreal. Im talking 2nd grade level. This guy was maintaining a 3.0 average. GET REAL.

I had classes with several players. One in particular, was in class ONE TIME during the semester. ONE TIME. When I spoke with him at the bar one night, I asked him how he did in the class. He got a B. :lol: I knew him because I had another class with him that he actually attended fairly frequently. He got a C in that one. :lol: Professor mustve told him that he actually had to appear in class in order to get the C that the university informed him that he must give the athlete at a minimum. These classes werent cakewalks. The athlete in question was not intellegent in the least.

Its a ****ing joke dude. Everyone knows it. Players had **** they could take to pass urinalisys that was given to them by someone from the university.

I hung out with a player on numerous occasions watching Monday Night Football. This player is in the NFL. He and I shared the same bookie. :lol: We watched the games at our bookies apartment which was in the same complex as mine. Every week he bet on the Mountaineers as well as other games. I know he never shaved points because he never bet against the mountaineers. We compared picks on numerous occasions.

**** goes on everywhere man. You simply cant convince me that any program is "squeaky clean". Even Sabans. Hell, Bear Bryant practically invented paying players and built the SEC off it from what I read in Junction Boys.

There is something he can do. He can not recruit the players he knows are involved with street agents or shady boosters or whatever. There are plenty of programs out there that win without the help of cash in pockets. Maybe you can't compete for a title without players of that talent level, but you can win games, entertain fans, and build a great institution.

And, God Bless America!!!

This is what college football is SUPPOSED to be about, dammit! :hclap:

(positive rep for you, brother!)

You don't have a clue what the hell you're talking about... just because Terrell Pryor is driving around in a sports car doesn't mean everybody is. Furthermore, Alabama doesn't even recruit in south Florida where all this mess is centralized... look at Auburn, LSU, etc.. THEY are the one's recruiting south Florida.... and THEY are the one's that are constantly tied to every recruiting violation that hits the waves.

Those suits Julio was wearing? You can get 3 of 'em for $99 at T-Town MensWear... Mark Ingram's family is fairly well off... his father played in the NFL, remember?

Whatever you want to believe......I really couldn't care less. I just find fans to be hugely entertaining creatures. They so desperately want whatever institution they've chosen to follow to be clean that they'll see whatever they've chosen to believe. The amount of time and energy people like you put into following a bunch of kids around never ceases to amaze me.

I was in school not too long ago. Anyone who lived anywhere near these guys knew who was wearing or driving or sending home something that the 300 dollar allowance could never buy.

Personally I don't care. A lot of these kids aren't going to make the millions and if someone wants to believe that they will then so be it. But I do care about the image of some universities. Not every school is an academic joke like Alabama....places like Michigan and UNC shouldn't be involved in crap like this.

Back
Top Bottom