NCAA March Madness

Discussion in 'College Sports Forum' started by Bumpus, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Drunk Finheaven VIP Donator

Cuse was starting to get it together toward the second half. Paige just kept hitting those dagger 3s!

2. Blackcreekbandit

Blackcreekbandit Drunk Finheaven VIP Donator

Cuse was starting to get it together toward the second half. Paige just kept hitting those dagger 3s!

3. CO-Gator

CO-Gator They all float down here. Finheaven VIP

Good lord Villanova can shoot. Should be a good game tomorrow.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

They didn't deserve a spot but give them all the credit for taking advantage of the spot they got. That team should be really good next year, there won't be any debate come selection Sunday.

Carolina is tough to pressure, they have a bunch of good ballhandlers and good passing big men. we saw how SU came back against UVa pressing and when they tried that against Carolina it killed them. 'Nova is a better pressure D but that speeds the game up and plays into Carolina's hands.

This matchup is really interesting, Carolina has too much down low for 'Nova but 'Nova creates matchup problems w/ their smaller lineup. carolina has used a smaller lineup and had success so we'll see what happens. Should be a great game.

they had a nice 10-0 run and were getting that comeback look. That first Piage 3 was HUGE. Settled the game back down and Carolina cruised. Syracuse looked gassed late, that is another edge Carolina has- depth. Their best player goes out midway through the first half in a tie game, they don't hit a 3 all first half yet they go into the locker room up 11.

If they shoot 70% again I will go out on a limb and say they win tonight:D My hope is they got all the good shooting out of their system on saturday.

'Nova has done a GREAT job taking away other teams best players but Carolina doesn't rely on just Brice Johnson so this will be 'Nova's toughest test and it will be Carolina's toughest test. Looking forward to tonight.

5. LouPhinFan

LouPhinFan It's ok to say "I don't know". Finheaven VIP Donator

The Nova - OK game was misleading in many regards. OK was not prepared to play in a game officiated that loosely. With only 4 fouls called in the first half, OK wasn't getting the calls they're used to and were unprepared to muck up a game to make it low scoring. Nova in turn shot the lights out with shots they're used to taking.

Tonight's game is going to be interesting. UNC, coming from the ACC, is used to that type of officiating and they'll be ready for it. UNC will have to up their perimeter defense and Nova is going to have to challenge UNC on the backboard. They can't let UNC get their usual number of offensive rebounds and UNC is going to have to handle Nova's defense.

In the end I think UNC takes this by 4 or 6 points due to free throws at the end. But it I'll add that Nova can most certainly win this ball game and it wouldn't surprise me if they did. This one is going to be low scoring I think. Nova is going to muck this game flow up as long as the refs are playing along. I think it will be something like 64-60 or 68-62.

6. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

Obviously I'm hoping for a Carolina win recognizing that it will be a tough game, but the reason I came here to post was a thought that I just had. It is pretty clear the Final Four will be played in a football stadium from here on out due to the sheer number of tickets that can be sold. With Miami adding a roof this year how awesome would it be for Miami to host a Final Four? Huge multi-day event filled with people flush with cash. Would be a huge revenue boost for the area and exciting destination for fans.

7. LouPhinFan

If you're talking about Dolphin's stadium hosting it, then that roof isn't a full roof, like a dome. Its more like a shade roof for the stands. The stadium will still be open in the middle. The NCAA would never hold the Final 4 in an outdoor setting. Weather is just too unpredictable for an indoor sport like basketball.

8. LouPhinFan

9. TarHeelFinFan

TarHeelFinFan Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire

Interesting, I had thought the intent was always to make it closable if necessary like NRG and Lucas Oil.

10. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

The last non Dome Final four was at the Meadowlands Arena in 1996. They were the last to get a bid before they changed the rule.

11. cltchperf

cltchperf Pro Bowler

I know this sounds redundant considering the last game from nova, but wow nova can shoot

12. LouPhinFan

13. cltchperf

cltchperf Pro Bowler

Holy **** what a great championship game. That sucks for unc, man losing to buzzer beaters suck especially when climbing back into and that incredible three to tie it only for a game winning three from nova to answer right back

14. dobrasz54

dobrasz54 Scout Team Finheaven VIP Donator

That was a hell of a game. That ending was even better. Just wow.

15. LouPhinFan

After 2 clunkers for Final 4 games, this championship game delivered big time. Too bad it was on TBS and not CBS. Ratings will probably be the lowest its ever had.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc Banned Hammered

Great ending but the officiating was atrocious in favor of Nova. They were allowed to be as physical as they wanted and Carolina was called for nothing but touch fouls. that non foul foul at the end of the 1st half was a 4 point swing and a HUGE difference. Then that travelk they called a foul w/ 30 secs left and Carolina down 1. Just atrocious and a travesty.

I really like Jay Wright and I like this 'Nova team, congrats to them for taking advantage but if the game is even close to being called the same for both teams Carolina wins by double digits.

17. hoops

hoops exited stage left

team of destiny indeed