NCAA to Restore Penn St. Postseason Eligibility Effective Immediately | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

NCAA to Restore Penn St. Postseason Eligibility Effective Immediately

Not getting into it too much, but the ignorance towards the people of PA by some people in fact insults me.

Not getting into it too much, but the ignorance towards the people of PA by some people in fact insults me.

Supporting the cover up of child rape and under-the-radar dismissal of the punishment for that cover up insults me.

And you won't find me defending that. I'm not getting into this argument because there's no defending what happened, BUT being as close as I am to the issue all I'm going to say is that a lot of people don't have an understanding about what actually is going on here.

And you won't find me defending that. I'm not getting into this argument because there's no defending what happened, BUT being as close as I am to the issue all I'm going to say is that a lot of people don't have an understanding about what actually is going on here.

What's going on around there is a Penn St. is getting a pass for covering up a horrendous crime, because the Big Ten needs to get propped up by the NCAA and Penn St. looks like it may be the only one with any chance (albeit, slim-to-none). Too much money in that conference not to.

Meanwhile, that same organization (NCAA) goes after a coach for congratulating a little league player for a no-hitter.

I'm not going to insult all people from Pennsylvania or Penn State fans, because I think that's pretty ridiculous, but I don't understand why the penalties were dropped.

The university covered up terrible crimes against children. The penalties imposed on Penn State were certainly not unreasonable -- if anything, I feel they were light. They should have been served fully.

Is that because your argument doesn't have virtuous grounds to stand on? Why not offer what you deem as a possible reason to lift the sanctions?

Just a heads up, the argument of, "it's hurting the kids and athletes that didn't have anything to do with it", is not going to fly. That's pathetic. That is an ignorant short sighted quip that undermines the whole discipline process in general. That's the entire point of the sanctions. So those kids make the choice to go elsewhere and steer them from a program that flagrantly try to hide a significantly heinous and abhorrent crime in attempts to continue their football program.

I'm calling out Nublar and ChambersWI (or anyone else) here. I want to hear the "other side" if you will. Personally I don't think you have a crutch to prop you up on. Nothing here to see but greed and putrid politics at work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that because your argument doesn't have virtuous grounds to stand on? Why not offer what you deem as a possible reason to lift the sanctions?

Just a heads up, the argument of, "it's hurting the kids and athletes that didn't have anything to do with it", is not going to fly. That's pathetic. That is an ignorant short sighted quip that undermines the whole discipline process in general. That's the entire point of the sanctions. So those kids make the choice to go elsewhere and steer them from a program that flagrantly try to hide a significantly heinous and abhorrent crime in attempts to continue their football program. Nothing here to see but greed and putrid politics at work.

Those students already there were offered the chance to transfer and play elsewhere. They opted to stay. That's on them.

**** Penn St.

How you get your already light sentence ended early AFTER COVERING UP KIDDIE RAPE is beyond me.

**** Penn St.

How you get your already light sentence ended early AFTER COVERING UP KIDDIE RAPE is beyond me.

tumblr_m14yfs77oL1rrl1eso1_500-1.gif

As long as the violent raping of multiple children over a period of 10 years and the cover-up of said rapings by those in a position of authority and responsibility is part of the conversation, then i know all i need to know about "whats going on here".
In fact, im damned thankful im "ignorant" to what the people of PA are "going through", i dont want to understand the mindset of a group of people who are relatively indifferent towards those monstrous crimes but vehemently opposed to not seeing a handful of football games a year. And lets not make any mistake about it: people living there still got their precious football program, they still were able to root for their vile institution on Saturdays, they just werent able to watch them as often as they potentially could.

Theres only 10 or so people in that state im concerned about and its the children/now-adults of that crime. For once, just for once, i wish the people of that state would be equally as concerned for them instead of saving their sympathies for a group of undeniably guilty monsters and the institution that covered up(and thus perpetuated) the acts. Its. A. ****ing. Game.

I'm not going to insult all people from Pennsylvania or Penn State fans, because I think that's pretty ridiculous, but I don't understand why the penalties were dropped.

The university covered up terrible crimes against children. The penalties imposed on Penn State were certainly not unreasonable -- if anything, I feel they were light. They should have been served fully.

I'm not blaming everyone from Pennsylvania. But Penn State fans -- who with seeming unanimity rallied around their school and Joe Paterno and sought to blame the victims in ways large and small and tried in vain to separate Sandusky from the institutional cover up that enabled him -- absolutely deserve to be insulted, the same as Catholics who supported Pope Benedict and rallied around the "flag" so to speak, deserve to be insulted. It was a godawful thing to do, and they should be ashamed of themselves. The idea that those people -- who called the victims "greedy" and out to do nothing more or less than destroy Penn State -- are now celebrating, is a disgrace.

Fortunately I think all Penn State fans know that their university will be forever linked with child rape. And Joe Paterno's legacy will be forever ****stained with it. And that's a good thing. Too bad Aldo Raine can't carve "I marched for Joe Paterno" on all their foreheads.

Im with Chambers in that I am not here to attack people from Pennsylvania or the culture of the people there. I have met many fine folks from that state and I believe they have a nice hard working culture with good values.

At the same time, I know if I had been a fan of Penn St, I would no longer be. There is just no way I could support a program knowing what they let happen. This wasnt just Sandusky. This was a complete cover up that involved a lot of higher ups in that institution. I just could not support the program. Just my feeling on it. Other people are free to make their own choices.

Years of turning a blind eye have lead to rotten crops. You cook the food with rotten produce and you get rotten food. You have to tend the garden and the rest will fall into place.

Back
Top Bottom