Ndamukong Suh - more comfortable, displaying leadership, seems to be having fun | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ndamukong Suh - more comfortable, displaying leadership, seems to be having fun

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I watch all the Dolphin videos and I just get the impression that Ndamukong seems a lot more relaxed, happy and friendly with his teammates this year. This past week he has joked with Bobby McCain and with Kenny Stills when both were being interviewed on camera (and both enjoyed it). He has gone out of his way to welcome Jay Cutler to the Dolphins and appears to have assisted the rookie Defensive linemen coming in.
Individually none of these mean much, but collectively I see an experienced player in his prime enjoying his football more and revealing another side to his personality. Yes, he's still a top Defensive Tackle who can physically intimidate/monster on the field. But I just get the impression he's now more assured as a leader on the Dolphins team. The additions of William Hayes plus drafting Charles Harris, Godchaux and Taylor to complement Phillips - they all help to strengthen the D-line and with Cam Wake and Branch, we now have the talent for it to be one of the strengths of the team. Has anyone else observed a noticeable change in Suh's demeanor this year?

Yes, and I love it. IMO, he's like the Kenny Still's of the DTs who always seems willing to be supportive or coach a guy up. Hasn't it been said previously that our locker room lacked leaders? It seems things have changed for the better since we got Gase. Nice to see guys like Suh, Stills, Branch, etc. filling the void. I hope it makes a difference and we start to see some real growth with our younger guys. Definitely could use the help.

I think in general, he has really grown with us compared to when he was with the Lions, I also think it helps we have Gase rather than Philbin who was probably miserable to be under.

Back
Top Bottom