Ndamukong Suh | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ndamukong Suh

finmann

Pro Bowler
Club Member
Reaction score
Let me apologize first that I don't have a link, but I can't remember where i saw the article (more of a statement actually)
There are rumors that the Dolphins are looking to move on from Suh since last year. Has anyone heard anything about this? I find that highly unlikely given his contract situation.

I'll never understand why some want to get rid of the only elite player we have, who has missed two games in his career. Is he expensive? Sure, there's always going to be hefty price on top shelf talent. I would much rather be cash strapped than have a bunch of extra money to spend on more over priced, middle of the road guys. Eventually we are going to have to learn how to draft properly and quit relying on making salary cap our go to team builder.

Last I heard they want to have him restructure but that is all I remember.

Yup.

I have always viewed the signing as a mistake, but I highly doubt he is going anywhere

Last edited:
He is Elite, but he isn't a QB. I wish they never signed him to such a huge contract and his impact is only seen as circumferential. However, he is Elite, got lots of $$ tied up in him, and he ain't a QB.

Look, we just recruited Ndamukong's guy, Kocurek, direct from Detroit Lions, as the new D-line Coach. Kocurek was attracted here to reconnect with Suh. If anything, we have doubled down our bet on Suh. While there will probably be some restructure of his contract to free up some cash, Ndamukong isn't going anywhere.
I would go so far as to estimate a 0.00% chance that we cut Suh at the moment. Other factor in all this is the amount fully guaranteed to Suh. Mr Ross personally had to guarantee a very large amount at the time he was originally signed. I can't see Ross continuing to pay a very large amount, per the guarantee, and not play for his team.
.... I just double-checked the details of the Suh contract. Ballpark numbers 6 yrs, $114M with $60M fully guaranteed. The earliest that it makes sense to opt out of the agreement with a relatively negligible payout ($4M) is in 2020.

Last edited:
If we lose him it would be a huge void to fill. No problem at all with him least we know we're secure in the middle now we just need some Talent around him especially at middle linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom