Need New Runningback | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need New Runningback

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
We need to draft or sign a dynamic Runningback who can break some tackles and convert on short yardage. Other than OL, this is our most pressing need. When Tannehill has support from the running game, we usually win.

Which RBs would you target in the draft that would fill this need?

Worst draft day moves: trading up for Daniel Thomas.

As for who we should target, I really don't know, but the decent FAs are likely to be grossly overpaid (see Ben Tate).

There are some studs to be found in the draft. I just dunno if we can trust Ireland to do so

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk

Still want to trade for Mark Ingram. Has potential to be a bruiser between the tackles and is lost in the shuffle in NO.

Mark Ingram sucks. He doesn't know how to recognize lanes.

I don't think so. We can't afford to waste our picks on RB's. We need OL and LB's...not RB's. If we had a decent line, the RB's would be fine...

Need new running backs. Plural. None of the three guys on the team have justified coming back, although I imagine Miller will. But none of them can block and Miller, for all his speed, doesn't look really natural going out for a pass or finding a hole. Honestly, I wish we'd have found a way to keep Reggie Bush.

I don't think so. We can't afford to waste our picks on RB's. We need OL and LB's...not RB's. If we had a decent line, the RB's would be fine...

I'm watching the GB and Pitt game right now and they have some backs than can carry a team in bad weather... Playoff weather.

We don't.

We need a guy like Lacy or Bell to take pressure off the passing offense.

I agree that OL and LBs should be priorities, but you can't downplay the impact or a back that can grind out conversions and tough yards.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Btw, I'm not saying we should spend a 1st rounder on one. A 2nd or 3rd? Absolutely. Although that is dicey with Ireland at the helm

I was watching the FCS playoffs last week, and the kid from Towson State would be worth a look in the middle rounds. Runs hard, knows how to eke everything out of his runs. Watching him was a lot like watching Stephen Jackson against the Dolphins -- he always seems to get 3 more yards than he should have.

I'm afraid our O-line is so bad that we might make stupid John Jerry picks and miss out on some real talent.

Got to target the needs in the draft. And bruising running back is a definite need. Along with o-line help. I admit I was wrong about Miller. We definitely missed Reggie Bush this year. But we need that move the defense and carry the load running back. A good GM should be able to find a player to fit the bill in the draft. Maybe a miracle will happen and Ireland becomes a good GM or Ross hires one.

Back
Top Bottom