Need New Runningback | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Need New Runningback

I agree with you, we need a running back that......but I think both of our guys that we have now would look a heck of a lot better if the O-Line was opening some holes for them. We run between the tackles a lot and the defensive line is usually in our backfield by the time the running back gets the ball.

I'm watching the GB and Pitt game right now and they have some backs than can carry a team in bad weather... Playoff weather.

We don't.

We need a guy like Lacy or Bell to take pressure off the passing offense.

I agree that OL and LBs should be priorities, but you can't downplay the impact or a back that can grind out conversions and tough yards.

---------- Post added at 11:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Btw, I'm not saying we should spend a 1st rounder on one. A 2nd or 3rd? Absolutely. Although that is dicey with Ireland at the helm

I might agree with you if we actually ran the ball. But we don't. We don't even give it a chance. I look at the line and I don't see the holes. They simply aren't there. I can't blame the RB's when I don't see holes.

I do wish they could block worth a ****!

Not trying to bash you, but what good would drafting RB do when O-line is a problem. They can't block. You either need better blockers or better coaching in the blocking schemes, And since there is only so much you can do to teach. I think getting better lineman makes the most sense, I am sure our QB would agree since he has been sacked alot the last two yrs.

Not trying to bash you, but what good would drafting RB do when O-line is a problem. They can't block. You either need better blockers or better coaching in the blocking schemes, And since there is only so much you can do to teach. I think getting better lineman makes the most sense, I am sure our QB would agree since he has been sacked alot the last two yrs.

Did I ever say OL should b neglected? I think OL is TOP priority, but RB is a definite need!

The current group doesn't give me confidence. They suck at pass pro and they haven't shown any grit to gut out hard yards. We can't depend on them. Miller is a good change of pace back, but not a bell cow. We need a guy we can depend on to salt games and convert key 3rd downs.

Again a good running game depends on your blocking. Pesinally i like Miller. And he may or may not be answer. But it is really obvious that the line is a big problem ans it will not matter who you draft to tote the rock if you dont have the studs to block for ya,

Again a good running game depends on your blocking. Pesinally i like Miller. And he may or may not be answer. But it is really obvious that the line is a big problem ans it will not matter who you draft to tote the rock if you dont have the studs to block for ya,

The Steelers OL isn't great and Leveon Bell is still doing something. We need a guy who can convert a 3rd and short. We don't have that guy.

We need to draft or sign a dynamic Runningback who can break some tackles and convert on short yardage. Other than OL, this is our most pressing need. When Tannehill has support from the running game, we usually win.

Which RBs would you target in the draft that would fill this need?

NEWS FLASH!!! A RB needs an OL to block for him, no matter who he is. True story.

Again ask Tannenhill what we should draft. I think since he has been on his butt so much even he would agree you go for O line before you go running back shopping.

I agree with Skape. We need a power running back who can break arm tackles, and can hold his own in pass pro.

NEWS FLASH!!! A RB needs an OL to block for him, no matter who he is. True story.

News flash, I agree we need to get an OL that can block for spit, but we ALSO need an RB that can pick up tough yardage and has VISIoN!

You think this game would be the same with Ricky back there?? The dude could pick up tough yardage regardless of his OL play

---------- Post added at 12:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Again ask Tannenhill what we should draft. I think since he has been on his butt so much even he would agree you go for O line before you go running back shopping.

Are you DENSE!?!? When did I once say we should ignore the OL in favor of RB? You do realize we can pick up more than one type of player in the draft, right?

Are you. You seem to think that our gm is a guy who can fix both problems in one. Shot. I dont have that confidence that you can fix both in the same year. You wanting a stud RB is usually a first round thing unless you get lucky in latter rounds.Good linemen is a need now! Runningback isnt all that if you can fix your o line.

Are you. You seem to think that our gm is a guy who can fix both problems in one. Shot. I dont have that confidence that you can fix both in the same year. You wanting a stud RB is usually a first round thing unless you get lucky in latter rounds.Good linemen is a need now! Runningback isnt all that if you can fix your o line.

Wtf? No, nowadays stud RBs are usually found in later rounds. Other than Peterson, most of the top RBs in the league were mid to late round picks. Both issues could absolutely be fixed in one offseason, and it certainly should be tried...

I think Ingram would be a good get to pair up with miller. But I'm with everyone else, O-line needs helps and that's pretty obvious

Back
Top Bottom