New Columnist? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

New Columnist?

Shouright

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm interested in becoming a columnist on Finheaven. I've been a die-hard (i.e., several broken remote controls) fan since 1979, and I spend a lot of time at the site during the season and in the offseason.

Having a Ph.D. in psychology and being a practicing psychologist, as well as thinking about football and the Dolphins in psychological terms most of the time, I feel I could add a distinctive column to the site.

I believe I'm also an excellent writer -- I was the Sports Editor for my high school newspaper, and I've published several journal articles in the field of psychology.

Admins -- please let me know what you think and how I might proceed with this -- thanks.

If you can tell me what I'm thinking right now, you've got the job. :tongue:

Seriously, you have PM. :)

I had PM that asked for a sample article, wrote one in a morning, sent it to Muck as a PM, and haven't gotten a response, not even an acknowledgement of receipt even after sending an additional PM wondering whether he'd received it. If he thought the article stunk, he could've let me know directly -- I'm a big boy and I can handle it.

For anyone else who's thinking about doing this, I'd suggest you not waste your time and effort unless you think your results would be different from mine. I'll still enjoy the site, just not as a columnist.

Last edited by a moderator:
shouright said:
I had PM that asked for a sample article, wrote one in a morning, sent it to Muck as a PM, and haven't gotten a response, not even an acknowledgement of receipt even after sending an additional PM wondering whether he'd received it. If he thought the article stunk, he could've let me know directly -- I'm a big boy and I can handle it.

For anyone else who's thinking about doing this, I'd suggest you not waste your time and effort unless you think your results would be different from mine. I'll still enjoy the site, just not as a columnist.

Relax bro. I've been pretty busy lately with life and have a ton of email and PMs stacked up still waiting for me, including yours. Even now I'm still at work, 12 hours after I got there. Just checking in. I'm off one day a week, if that.

Enough about me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Muck said:
Relax bro. I've been pretty busy lately with life and have a ton of email and PMs stacked up still waiting for me, including yours. Even now I'm still at work, 12 hours after I got there. Just checking in. I'm off one day a week, if that.

Enough about me. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.
I'm relaxed. And I'm patient as long as you hurry. ;)

shouright said:
I'm relaxed. And I'm patient as long as you hurry. ;)

Im on staff and he still hasnt gotten to my PMs. So don't feel like you've been hosed. :roflmao:

TerryTate said:
Im on staff and he still hasnt gotten to my PMs. So don't feel like you've been hosed. :roflmao:
Has he asked you to send him a PM with an article in it? If you're gonna do that, the least you could do is get back to the person within a reasonable amount of time. At this point it's really ridiculous, especially since Muck is using plenty of his time making posts of his own (can't help but notice since I post often myself). I'd feel much better about this had he said, "sorry bro -- I'd tell you to write an article and send it to me as a PM, but then I wouldn't have any time to read it anyway." At least then I wouldn't have wasted my time. Either that, or get back to me shortly after telling me he had no time (like within a week) to tell me to forget it because he'd never have time. You don't just leave someone straggling along while you do your thing after you've asked them to do something FOR you.

inFINSible said:
Somebody call a Whaaaaaambulance. ;)
Is that the one that comes when people try to uphold basic human standards of decency? Yeah, then I guess I need that one....

Just makes it seem like this thing is being run by High School kids, that's all....

shouright said:
Is that the one that comes when people try to uphold basic human standards of decency? Yeah, then I guess I need that one....

Just makes it seem like this thing is being run by High School kids, that's all....

:lol: C'mon now.

Here's a bet: Do better and I'll paypal you $200.

FiN.in.RI said:
:lol: C'mon now.

Here's a bet: Do better and I'll paypal you $200.
High School kids are great at technical/computer stuff -- they just don't know how to relate to adults yet. Never said I could do better with the technical/computer stuff.

shouright said:
High School kids are great at technical/computer stuff -- they just don't know how to relate to adults yet. Never said I could do better with the technical/computer stuff.

Being an adult you should know:
"You can't always get what you want, when you want it."

Anyway, this is someone's hobby, it's not his duty..

College kids run this website not high school kids and they do know how to relate to adults - one practically runs his own buisness.

It really isn't any of my buisness but I interjected because I see no reason for you to be whining..

FiN.in.RI said:
Being an adult you should know:
"You can't always get what you want, when you want it."

Anyway, this is someone's hobby, it's not his duty..

College kids run this website not high school kids and they do know how to relate to adults - one practically runs his own buisness.

It really isn't any of my buisness but I interjected because I see no reason for you to be whining..
So you don't think someone has a duty to respond, out of human decency, when he's asked you to do something for him and you do it? You don't think that when someone asks you for more time to evaluate something he's asked you to do, he should get back to you with some kind of update on what's going on within some reasonable time frame? You don't think that the person should spend whatever available time he has on what he asked YOU to do FOR him instead of on his own agenda?

Yeah, you can't always get what you want when you want it, but you sure can ask for something reasonable and gripe when you don't get it. I'm sure you've done this too pal. Or are you so busy trying to preserve your positive image of Finheaven and its administrators that you can't even support basic human decency?

And you may want to go back and look at the dates of the posts in this thread before (if) you respond -- without doing that it tends to look like everything's happened within a few days. Not so -- over two weeks have passed since Muck told me he'd get back to me as soon as he could, and during that time I've seen him respond to numerous threads as well as start his own without even so much as a "here's an update for you."

shouright said:
So you don't think someone has a duty to respond, out of human decency, when he's asked you to do something for him and you do it? You don't think that when someone asks you for more time to evaluate something he's asked you to do, he should get back to you with some kind of update on what's going on within some reasonable time frame? You don't think that the person should spend whatever available time he has on what he asked YOU to do FOR him instead of on his own agenda?

Yeah, you can't always get what you want when you want it, but you sure can ask for something reasonable and gripe when you don't get it. I'm sure you've done this too pal. Or are you so busy trying to preserve your positive image of Finheaven and its administrators that you can't even support basic human decency?

And you may want to go back and look at the dates of the posts in this thread before (if) you respond -- without doing that it tends to look like everything's happened within a few days. Not so -- over two weeks have passed since Muck told me he'd get back to me as soon as he could, and during that time I've seen him respond to numerous threads as well as start his own without even so much as a "here's an update for you."

I just think you're a little upset over nothing.
Overreaction comes to mind..Anxiety maybe?

Things happen man! :)

I'm done here though. Have a Good Day.

P.S. Maybe you should PM AJ about your concern.

Back
Top Bottom