new ESPN Power Rankings | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

new ESPN Power Rankings

Rankings dont mean squat, but I would have us at #4 or #5.....We are better than the Titans,Steelers,Raiders and Eagles....cant argue with the Bucs @ #1 ...while Falcons and Patsies are a toss up.....tough to tell at this point though.

I agree, these kind of rankings can help egos (sp) but the pessimistic quote about the Bills is still kinda funny-----"Despite the improvements, they're still probably the No. 4 team in their division. "
I may not like the Bills, ok I really don't like the Bills, but beating an improved Bills team will make the Phins sweeping them next year that much sweeter. I guess I'd rather have a competitive division then a bunch of lap dogs. But enough about the Jills cheerleaders.

Originally posted by WCoastFin
Rankings dont mean squat, but I would have us at #4 or #5.....We are better than the Titans,Steelers,Raiders and Eagles....cant argue with the Bucs @ #1 ...while Falcons and Patsies are a toss up.....tough to tell at this point though.

Better than the raiders and eagles? :lol:

Originally posted by justafan

Better than the raiders and eagles? :lol:

The Phins will find out how they stack against the Eagles, but the Phins have had pretty good luck against the Raiders in um the regular season, my memory gets a little hazy when it comes to the offseason w/ the Raiders.:D :D :D

We haven't lost to Oakland since 2000 and have won like 4 out of the last five against the Raiders. I think us being better than them is a valid argument. Afterall most Bills fans think that Buffalo is better than Miami beacause of the Ray Lucas sweep last season.

Greetings from the #6 spot....for what it's worth.

One thing I did notice is that the AFC East teams are all ranked in the top half (6, 8, 11, 15) - probably the highest average of all teams in a division.

I believe the AFC West was the toughest division last year top-to-bottom - I know we went 1-3 over there.

The AFC East may have that honor now that guys like Rosevelt Colvin, Rodney Harrison, Junior Seau, and Takeo Spikes have come over to the AFC East. I guess that's what the experts are thinking too. Who knows...stupid rankings. I just couldn't help but read into it a bit.

We have no easy division foes.

Here come the Dolphins!
(Sorry, couldn't resist)

It's the same each year. Dolphins are 10-12 on the first power ranking and by week 2 or 3 they're #1. And late in the season they're about 8-9.

Hopefully this year we will stay #1 all year.
:friday:

Not one bill post yet

I understand

15t. Bills Optimistic: Offseason additions on defense should help one of the league's most porous defenses.
Pessimistic: Despite the improvements, they're still probably the No. 4 team in their division.

This could backfire and add fuel to their season. We should definetly watch out for them..

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Not one bill post yet

This could backfire and add fuel to their season. We should definetly watch out for them..

We need to watch out the three other teams in our division.

IMO the Raiders have seen the last of the SB runs for a while. They have some huge cap hell to dig out of, plus the team is just getting way to old. I dont think the Eagles did themselves any favors this off season so those spots are iffy at best. Honestly, I believe you guys should be a few spots higher than 8th, and I also I think there a couple teams that maybe the Bills could be put above (Colts, Steelers, Chiefs) but thats just my opinion.

Originally posted by lunaticbillsfan
IMO the Raiders have seen the last of the SB runs for a while. They have some huge cap hell to dig out of, plus the team is just getting way to old. I dont think the Eagles did themselves any favors this off season so those spots are iffy at best. Honestly, I believe you guys should be a few spots higher than 8th, and I also I think there a couple teams that maybe the Bills could be put above (Colts, Steelers, Chiefs) but thats just my opinion.

I agree with you..but the Raiders always seem to find a way..

Again getting out of the afceast is the task without beating each other up..that's the ticket..somehow we run each other down doing the year and have nothing left for the playoffs.

Raiders 2nd??? Steelers 4th?? Please.....Steelers only make the playoffs cause of their weak division.

Raiders are not the #2 team in the league. I'd say a top 7.

Patriot don't scare me. They are not a #6 team. I'd say a 8 or 9th.

Bills should definately be in the top 10. This is the team that scares me the most.

Back
Top Bottom